• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Smash Corner just made a very interesting video

KnightFF

Smash Cadet
NNID
Crazyronan3000
http://youtu.be/mH528Pdh1Rk

So if I get this right we will be able to do tech and moves frame but we have to adjust our controller layout...
Does anyone think they'll try this with falcon?

Socco95

Smash Rookie
I mean almost everything shown in this video is possible without that special layout except dash cancels ( spot dodge, etc.)
But it is harder to do without this special layout, you have to be really precise. I don´t know if it is worth changing my layout or if this pushes falcon forward in the meta... I´m gonna mess with it, but I think i will stick to my original layout ^^

Danthedude

Smash Rookie
I'm going to try this out. I've been usin the pro controller since I started playing this game. Falcon is my main and I can't help but think this will make him better. If it sucks or I can't get the hang of it, then I'll revert controls to my preferred control scheme.

Ryukred

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryukred
Bidou was announced months ago but people like myself only thought it was useful for perfect pivots, but now that MSC explained it's applications I've decided to try it out. Here's my button layout with the GCC.

I think Bidou is super useful for achieving 20GX with Falcon, it makes things like this possible(easier). https://gfycat.com/HeftyUnknownCavy

That's an easy shield break if you've already applied pressure to their shield before or if they've already been shielding for a while. I believe
Bidou might also make lagless-instant ledge getups easier, needs more testing though.

Last edited:

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
My question to you is how are you going to do falling U-air as. Effectively without the c stick set to attack?

Ryukred

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryukred
My question to you is how are you going to do falling U-air as. Effectively without the c stick set to attack?
Just do it with the L-stick, it isn't that hard once you get used to it. Also, you can still do aerials with the c-stick, you just have to hit the c-stick and attack at the same time, which is kinda hard, but still doable.

Top Bottom