• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Silly Wolf

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Hi everyone,

So I've spent the past couple weeks giving Wolf a try because he's fun to play and offers me a better punishing game than Mario while maintaining a similar style.

I played a tournament recently (I got second :dizzy:) and we got some videos recorded, so feel free to poke fun at my Wolf.

ThatGuy (Wolf) vs. Steb (Diddy) Loser's Semis Round 1
ThatGuy (Wolf) vs. Steb (Lucario) Loser's Semis Round 2

ThatGuy (Wolf) vs. WarranThad (ROB) Loser's Finals Round 3

ThatGuy (Wolf/Mario) vs. Fizzi (Snake) Grand Finals

You can find the rest of the tournament videos here.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Some tips:

- You need to space better, especially if you use ftilt a lot. Wolfs range is one of his main selling points
- Improve your use of shine, it's very useful vs Diddy. You cannot only stop many of his moves but also gimp him out of his upB
- Nair is always bad all by itself. Its best use is after a string of stale bairs
- Bair is Wolfs best move by far. In many cases it would've been a better desition to use it instead of something else

Overall your biggest weakness was your defensive game: You rarely made full use of Wolfs range and his shine. I also advice you to walk less and move more in the air. Wolf is just much faster in the air. Approaching with walking -> SH Fair doesn't really work (like vs that Lucario).

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Your advice sort of doesn't make sense to me. I agree that I need to space better, I always get grabbed, but that's been my problem since 2006 :). The shine is too inflexible for my tastes, however I'll look into gimping opportunities; Never seen it used for that before. Nair is pretty ****ty, I don't know why I use it sometimes :). And if all I'm going to do is use Bair, I'd become a mighty predictable Wolf.

Brawl is all about having a defensive game, I'm trying to fix that. Unfortunately I've been a campy ******* myself many times :(

I used SH Fair twice against Lucario, and both were ****ed up. The first one hit and the second one was actually supposed to be full jump but I screwed up :) yet neither were punished, so I don't quite get it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Just because something doesn't get punished doesn't mean it never will. A better opponent would have made more use of your little mistakes

I'm not saying your bad anyways.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Pretty much what the others said. A knowledgable player will punish you for every shielded ftilt (it's not too great anyways, honestly), and nair really gets outclassed by fair and bair in almost every situation, unless you need a very quick attack to get them out of your face. Shine is good, but just don't let it become predictable, especially against a diddy, they'll start glide-tossing down and punish you hard for every bad reflector.

JCav

Smash Lord
No it's not. Your just doing it wrong bro.
ok f tilt first hit is BAD, you dont want to use it and 2nd hit only sure good range but you miss your spacing (and dont say you dont make mistakes) its not a good move

so gheb, i respectfully disagree

Top Bottom