• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my recent falcon

Panix

Smash Ace
this falcon needs....

more jab
more uair
more jab-grab
more shielding
less B moves
more priority (lol)
more taunting
less F-smashing
more nair
and more pawnchezzzzz

Mit

Smash Ace
You need to approach less. Let your opponent come to you more often, and try and block/dodge more and punish with jab grab combos. Also, don't be afraid to jab instead of shield. Jab is a very high priority move, and matches hits with a lot of enemy attacks, sometimes even out-prioritizing them.

Don't climb up onto the ledge so much, especially when your opponent is waiting for it. Either hit up and jump into the air off the ledge, or hit back and jump forward back onto the stage.

And yeah, less knee attempts in the air and more uair.

speeding sonic

Smash Apprentice
You need to approach less. Let your opponent come to you more often, and try and block/dodge more and punish with jab grab combos. Also, don't be afraid to jab instead of shield. Jab is a very high priority move, and matches hits with a lot of enemy attacks, sometimes even out-prioritizing them.

Don't climb up onto the ledge so much, especially when your opponent is waiting for it. Either hit up and jump into the air off the ledge, or hit back and jump forward back onto the stage.

And yeah, less knee attempts in the air and more uair.
i see thanks for the tips

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Too much Knee :/
And yeah, too much specials. You really have to limit Falcon's specials to when you know you will land it because they all leave you open when missed.

As far as jab goes, if she is getting out of the jab to grab then crouch cancel the jab and immediately grab. If you just jab, jab, then grab then you will miss. I had this happen to me for a while on smart opponents until I got crouch canceling the jab into my game.

Uair is amazing, so do what everyone else has been saying and use it :p

You were also roll spammy, and this will get you punished badly against people who know what you are doing. The Peach let you get away with it but get it out of your game now because you are going to get to a point where you will be hurt badly for too much rolling. Rolling is nice when the opponent is stuck in a laggy move and won't be able to punish it but don't be predictable. I try to use dashes to get in and out of situations for the most part combined with good shielding. (only problem is tripping... so even that isn't perfect)

Lareit

Smash Ace
The two of you should focus on mastering the basics of brawl in general.

Top Bottom