• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Peach impressions

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I'll break down my impressions of her moves as compared to Melee (not basing this off of anyone else's impressions)

A/AAA: essentially the same
F-Tilt: Same, but harder to combo out of
D-Tilt: Not quite as useful, and harder to combo out of, but not that different
U-Tilt: Better, but only slightly more useful
U-Smash: More useful, seems stronger
D-Smash: Nerfed heavily, but still serves a similar purpose, it's still semi-useful
F-Smash: Good killing move, I can't really tell if it's any better
Nair: Serves the same purpose, seems a little weaker
Fair: Great killing move, probably more powerful, but very slow and hard to connect
Bair: Still as useful, seems more powerful and easier to connect. A decent killing move
Uair: Much weaker, but still good for combos. It's easier to connect
Dair: I never used this much in Melee, but it's more useful now. It's better for combos
Up-B: It's different going up (seems easier to DI out of), and it falls slower when closed. It's harder to hit with on landing, but it offers better protection.
Down-B: Essentially the same. Stitch-face has slightly less knockback, and beam-sword is not as useful as it used to be.
Side-B: Better, I find myself using it more often, but still not very useful. Very situational, but not as much as it was in Melee. It's almost a real attack now.
B: Faster, but it's... different. Hardly used it in Melee, and I still almost never use it now. It's a little more useful now
Grab: The same. I haven't noticed a difference if there is one. Maybe a little more range, but I might be grasping here. She hits the same too.
Up-Throw: Essentially the same, maybe a little easier to combo out of, but that might be just because of the Up-Tilt's improved range
Down-Throw: I find myself using it less in Brawl. It's harder to combo out of, you can't do Up-Tilt out of it anymore (you might be able to do side-tilt, but I'm not sure)
Forward-Throw: Much weaker, no longer a viable killing move
Back-Throw: The same, maybe a little stronger
Taunts: Pure ownage, seriously. That side-taunt is just epic win.
Jumps: She seems to float less distance now, and her second jump is just awful. It's leaves you wide open and covers almost no vertical distance. It's usually better to just use down to float.
Shields/Dodges: The digital shield is gonna be tough to get used to. But dodges are essentially the same.

Miscellaneous: (I will consider other's comments here)
-If float-cancelling is still in then it's almost impossible and very negligible. I've done something that looks like a float-cancel but it's almost useless.
-Tripping is not nearly as annoying as everyone makes it out to be. Out of maybe the 20 times I've tripped in matches, I've only been screwed over by it once. It's painfully easy to recover from it (You must recover!)
-All things considered, she seems a little worse, but not nearly as bad as everyone makes her out to be. I think I'm a little better with her now.
-If Peach ever fails me (which she won't, I'm sure), my other main is Zelda. She's awesome in Brawl!

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
she is not so bad
i manage to win with her and her side taunt is just the best move in smash history

DiegoBlanc

Smash Rookie
well, we all know tha peach's down smash have been really weakened...but i knew that would happen...i mean, that attack was TOO strong...but anyway, it can stiil deal good damage right?

what i really heated about brawl's peach is her second jump...i mean, it isnt a second jump at all! her recover have been really affected with that...

anyway, besides that, peach is still great...(but come on! what up with her second jump? =S )

FadingWings

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know a good way to do Utilt without some awkward hand motion.Im using the game cube controller and she always jumps, so i do AA then Utilt its weird >>

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Does anyone know a good way to do Utilt without some awkward hand motion.Im using the game cube controller and she always jumps, so i do AA then Utilt its weird >>
Tilt the stick up about 1/2 way in a slightly slower motion than if you were to jump with the stick.

Top Bottom