• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My own new strategy(Double battle strategy)

Zeadro

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so this technique will need to involve two pokemon meaning a double battle. First, you must have a pokemon that knows hypnosis and a pokemon that knows mean look. These two techniques combined form into what I call, the hypolock. This is a little hard to pull off but when you have a physical sweeper and a tank it's quite enjoyable to pull off. For instance, I use a Noctowl and a Honchkrow in order to pull off this technique.
Yes, there is a flaw my honchkrow is very susceptible to being hit due to his low defense and in the end it boils down to him getting killed first. In order to counter this, I have a Wide lens on my noctowl and a focus sash on Honchkrow. Now, for those of you who don't know what a focus sash does or a wide lens I shall explain their usage. The wide lens increases your accuracy to hit with moves while, the focus sash if you have very low defense like my honchkrow will get you all the way down to one hp and keep you alive. This will happen only once though after being hit the first time.
Hypolock is a good way when clauses are not in effect to safely rack up some damage on your opponent with your sweeper while keeping them busy with your tank. (Optional) You can also use spore(another sleep move 100% accuracy) instead of hypnosis but it's up to you personally. If I have misused any of the terms such as tank or sweeper please correct me and give me a list of the terms that are to be used correctly. I hope this new technique comes in handy in the future.

P.S. A good sweeper should be able to get them in the red zone and or knock them out. It is ill advised that you use something weak when using this technique. I don't mean us OU's I suggest you use your favorites but make sure you have planned this one out. Also there are pokemon who can naturally make it so they can't switch out.

Zeadro

Smash Journeyman
At least someone give me some feedback on what you think of the strategy please.

Top Bottom