• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My new chrome wii : Case mod | 56k warning :P

Zantetsu

Smash Master
On Monday of last week i bought a chrome case mod off ebay. It arrived friday at 10:30 AM. I worked from 10:30 AM to 8:00 PM on this thing. Its not as easy as it looks. You have to take your whole wii apart and put it back. I had to do that 3 times because my wii didnt work after the first 2. But now it works perfects. Anyways what do you guys thing?

p.s. Dang my floor is dirty O_o

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
or u couldve waited to buy a chrome one x_x
Why would he buy a different Wii?

I've been thinking about buying one of those delicious cases. So it's hard to put back together, you say? What'd you do wrong the first two times?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Why would he buy a different Wii?

I've been thinking about buying one of those delicious cases. So it's hard to put back together, you say? What'd you do wrong the first two times?
Well its hard to explain. I'l explain it the best i can. One side of a case it connected to the mother board. That is connected to the fan stuff. That is connected to the dvd drive. All are connected by screws and there are alot of screws and there hard to get out. I messed up by not screwing in some screws/forgeting to put in the fan and all kinds of junk. Lol anyways theres a tutorial so it will explain it easier.

Click here

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
**** is pretty hot Roman, and LOL @ you breaking it two times. XD I thought you only messed it up once. Btw where'd you throw your old casing man?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Awesome look. Can you chrome your Wii-motes?

And didn't chrome affect the heat inside the Wii?
Actually the fan runs more often now but it still loads and runs the same.

**** is pretty hot Roman, and LOL @ you breaking it two times. XD I thought you only messed it up once. Btw where'd you throw your old casing man?
No it was twice and my old casing it put away just in case my chrome one DOES break...

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
As much as I love the chrome case, the "Hot Rock" case mod is holding my interest somewhat more.

If only I could mod it so that it has purple as a color, and also lets the user pick colors instead of having it linked to the internal temperature.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I like white, personally. Matches nicely with my 360 and iPod, though I wish the 360 were shiny like the Wii and iPod. Sony needs to release different colored PS3s over here in America, I'd be all over the white one (that Japan already has and looks very sexy).

spiritdragon

Smash Ace

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm aware of the Chameleon mod (I bought it for a friend) but I would like the thermometer function. Also, I feel the colors cycle too quickly at the slowest setting. If I could mod the Hot Rock to include purple, a slower color cycle, and also static colors when I feel like it, that'd seal the deal.

The Metroid case was a one-of-a-kind item, btw. It sold for well over $1,000, like the custom Zelda case before it, by the same artist. You're not going to find another one of those to buy.

Top Bottom