• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My new and refreshed Jigglypuff: Videos Rate Plz

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
When I made the Jigglypuff tutorial it reminded me what exactly I can do with Jigglypuff. This is one of my first few matches playing with my new and refreshed Jigglypuff. Its a ladder match against some really good Yoshi player who was definatly not a pushover. The match is even in Yoshi's favor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci1X398gUK0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiU7c8Xa2Lg

If its necessary i can get the Yoshi players name.

Please tell me what you think of my new puff.

PND

Smash Champion
As soon as I saw how you reacted to being Egg Lay'd, I knew this would be a tough one to critique.

Firstly, you play safe. Really, really, really safe. I like how you drift around waiting for the opponent to attempt something, you make excellent use of her mobility to weave in and punish mistakes.

On the flip side, I felt there were plenty of opportunities where *I* would have went for a couple extra aerials, even if just to pressure a bit more. However, in Brawl, safe wins. Just remember, Jiggs generally wants her opponents in the air, I felt there were spots when you'd pop him up, and just back off, waiting for the next opportunity. That shows patience, but also there are times when the risk / reward ratio should be pushed, and I felt that that wasn't the case. Dependent upon the opponent's character, when the opponent is in the air, the inherent riskiness of Jiggs aerials are drastically reduced, and that should be exploited. Against a Yoshi, watchout for nair, bair, and uair. There were points when I felt you could have poked with a uair or bair, but you stepped back and although it's not how I would have reacted, I respect it.

Nice work with the grabbing, her dash grab is phenomenal and you put it to good use. I'd recommend adding reverse pivot grab into your arsenal as a way to punish approaches and crossup upon landing. Another compliment, you use Rollout intelligently. When you jumped to bait the air dodge and B turnaround'd the Rollout it was genius. Waiting for the Yoshi to have to land before pelting him with it was also smart.

On the flipside, I felt at times you were completely overusing Rollout. For every genius use, I felt there were a couple of times where it served little purpose. Now, I'm a fan of the move, but some of those I felt actually forfieted your at the moment advantageous position against the Yoshi.

I enjoyed how you used Pound to A) beat out any move he tried to throw at you & B) eat his spot dodges, but there were a couple of spots where I felt you were relying to heavily on the bait into pound. Occasionally it just wouldn't work, and you'd eat a smash or egg for it. Relying on the bait relies too much on the opponent committing to getting you, and I felt if that Yoshi player would have played the first match a little more patient, he could have had you. However, I thought the second match was a much better display, as it seemed he had learned the matchup a bit better, And the ending of the second match was SEX.

So overall:
You're very safe, and I'm not trying to sound harsh. What I would say you should work on is using Rollout less (Or smarter, which you do often enough) and work on your pressure, there were a lot of moments where I would have chased after the Yoshi a bit more.

Then again, you DID place hella well in low tiers against M2K and the like, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I mean, I'm openly saying take more risks, which at its root is terrible advice. :laugh:

Also, if Yoshi uses his Down B spotdodge into rest is hilarious. >_>

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
As soon as I saw how you reacted to being Egg Lay'd, I knew this would be a tough one to critique.

Firstly, you play safe. Really, really, really safe. I like how you drift around waiting for the opponent to attempt something, you make excellent use of her mobility to weave in and punish mistakes.

On the flip side, I felt there were plenty of opportunities where *I* would have went for a couple extra aerials, even if just to pressure a bit more. However, in Brawl, safe wins. Just remember, Jiggs generally wants her opponents in the air, I felt there were spots when you'd pop him up, and just back off, waiting for the next opportunity. That shows patience, but also there are times when the risk / reward ratio should be pushed, and I felt that that wasn't the case. Dependent upon the opponent's character, when the opponent is in the air, the inherent riskiness of Jiggs aerials are drastically reduced, and that should be exploited. Against a Yoshi, watchout for nair, bair, and uair. There were points when I felt you could have poked with a uair or bair, but you stepped back and although it's not how I would have reacted, I respect it.

Nice work with the grabbing, her dash grab is phenomenal and you put it to good use. I'd recommend adding reverse pivot grab into your arsenal as a way to punish approaches and crossup upon landing. Another compliment, you use Rollout intelligently. When you jumped to bait the air dodge and B turnaround'd the Rollout it was genius. Waiting for the Yoshi to have to land before pelting him with it was also smart.

On the flipside, I felt at times you were completely overusing Rollout. For every genius use, I felt there were a couple of times where it served little purpose. Now, I'm a fan of the move, but some of those I felt actually forfieted your at the moment advantageous position against the Yoshi.

I enjoyed how you used Pound to A) beat out any move he tried to throw at you & B) eat his spot dodges, but there were a couple of spots where I felt you were relying to heavily on the bait into pound. Occasionally it just wouldn't work, and you'd eat a smash or egg for it. Relying on the bait relies too much on the opponent committing to getting you, and I felt if that Yoshi player would have played the first match a little more patient, he could have had you. However, I thought the second match was a much better display, as it seemed he had learned the matchup a bit better, And the ending of the second match was SEX.

So overall:
You're very safe, and I'm not trying to sound harsh. What I would say you should work on is using Rollout less (Or smarter, which you do often enough) and work on your pressure, there were a lot of moments where I would have chased after the Yoshi a bit more.

Then again, you DID place hella well in low tiers against M2K and the like, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I mean, I'm openly saying take more risks, which at its root is terrible advice. :laugh:

Also, if Yoshi uses his Down B spotdodge into rest is hilarious. >_>
Thank you very much. This is the kind of review that I was looking for.

I do agree with you that I did use too many rollouts and got punished for them. Most of them either hit or I could recover off the side. I played safe because I payed more attention to the damage % then usual. Hitting with different attacks and then ending with a fully powered f air at lowest % as possible. So it looked like I barley moved, but still ended up killing them at the same time as I normally would. Racking up the damage quicker with less moves meant that I didn't have to risk as much and that would mean not getting hurt as much. Once they got around 100% or so I'd get them near the ledge and try to land a fair on them, if it didn't kill I'd get more damange and then try again.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Amazing grabs ^o^

but.....

Was that a lead balloon I saw? Why perhaps it was.

You were really grounded. There was too much baiting, and it looked like you were trying to land rest most of the time. Rest will come to you, baiting is very risky. If you are hit with a multi hit combo, rest then, or when yoshi uses egg roll, overlap it.

Needs moar b-air. Good matches :). It was very risky using that tactic, so hop a little moar, and WoP. The grabs got a little stale though, and there were better options at some points.

Top Bottom