• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Music: All we hoped for or a hollow dream?

SWORDMASTER X7

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it like you think.

Also, it may not mean anything, but in german he says it without the "every song in the game".
Translators translate differently. The only way to truly know what Sakurai wanted to say is to 100% translate the Japanese text.

Would he say that if you have every song for every stage? I'm not sure...
Also it makes no sense at all to have every song available for every stage.

He also says that there is e.g. a Mario stage and there are countless of Mario songs in all of his games, but which of all the great Mario songs favours everyone?
It could be Sakurai's own music choices for Delfino Plaza.

I didn't really understand your second paragraph so I won't respond to it.

^This also makes no mension of that you could have a other games music on a Mario stage...
It also doesn't mention that you can only have Mario songs on Mario stages.

You wouldn't want to have a Zelda music on a Mario stage, right?
I personally wouldn't, it's just weird. But there are people who would because they prefer Zelda music instead of Mario music.

I also found this quote

Sakurai said:
If your motivation behind your song selections is simply because you like them, then that’s just fine. Choose your settings as you like.
There are people that just like certain songs and will want to put them on any stage they want.

If you want to, you can just have songs from the same franchise, choose your settings as you like.

And keep in mind everybody, Sakurai wants to please everyone. He is going to put options that everyone can enjoy. People that want any song on any stage and people that want franchise only songs can both be pleased simultanously.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I also took it as franchise songs on franchise stage the first time I read it, then people cited the "any song in the game" part... I still think its only franchise song on franchise stage and if it turns out that way, I wont be surprised...

The thread title is exaggerating...

The Director

Smash Lord
I think people are just looking into these updates WAY too much...
I think it was Sakurai's quote that threw me off:

With the "My Music" feature, you can enjoy the music of our many musicians any way you like. Choose freely from our diverse selection of famous songs!

Using words like "choose freely" and "diverse selection" lead me to believe that you'd be able to select any song from the entire library for any stage.

It could still be possible as well. When you think about it, the songs that are collected are most likely listed by game. All the Mario songs together, all the Zelda songs together, etc. and so on. He could be demonstrating the feature by correlating songs to their corresponding franchises.

Either way, I love the freedom that we've been given.

The thread title is exaggerating...
LOL I just wanted it to sound cool.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Translators translate differently. The only way to truly know what Sakurai wanted to say is to 100% translate the Japanese text.

It could be Sakurai's own music choices for Delfino Plaza.

I didn't really understand your second paragraph so I won't respond to it.

It also doesn't mention that you can only have Mario songs on Mario stages.

I personally wouldn't, it's just weird. But there are people who would because they prefer Zelda music instead of Mario music.

I also found this quote

There are people that just like certain songs and will want to put them on any stage they want.

If you want to, you can just have songs from the same franchise, choose your settings as you like.

And keep in mind everybody, Sakurai wants to please everyone. He is going to put options that everyone can enjoy. People that want any song on any stage and people that want franchise only songs can both be pleased simultanously.
I guess it's possible that you're right and that Sakurai makes it like that, but it would be really strange...

EDIT: He has also never shown a my music screen with songs that don't belong to the stage, and if it would be really like you say, I think he'd show it in a screenshot...

courte

Smash Lord
perhaps that is a benefit you will have to unlock

Jukebox!! Play Any Song on Any Stage!! Make Custom Soundtracks!!

Edit: Emphasis on PERHAPS!!

PERHAPS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! not "you know he's going to; it's logic and it only makes sense-zors" i said perhaps because i mean perhaps

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be surprised if each stage just got three songs to START OFF with, and then more could be unlocked. Sakurai might just be showing us what a stage's My Music looks like when you start off.

Pokemon has way too many cool songs to go left with only three (considering there'll most likely be a second Pokemon stage, considering we ALREADY have 4 characters essentially and two left to be reconfirmed).

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I wouldn't be surprised if each stage just got three songs to START OFF with, and then more could be unlocked. Sakurai might just be showing us what a stage's My Music looks like when you start off.
Exactly.

Still, that's a lot of songs. I'm guessing if there are 4 songs for each series, that's about 80 songs there... but of course, most likely there's gonna be more than 4 songs... we've already seen proof of that.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Notice anything about the above screenshots? This could only be for the simple fact of demonstration, but the only songs available to place on the select stages are from their corresponding franchises. Could it be possible that we're only limited to this? When you take a closer look at these screenshots, you notice that there are no options to choose what songs you put in there, they're already loaded in.
>_< Are you SERIOUS???

I never thought you could put just any song on any stage. Sakurai more than implied that the various songs for each stage would be from their respective franchises. Why would anyone think otherwise? It's illogical and it would be completely dumb to have any song on any stage.

The only exception to this, of course, is that some songs belong to franchises that won't have a stage, but the X Tunnel update should have at least clued you into this, not the SMYN discussion...

The Director

Smash Lord
People thought otherwise?

Wow...
Well, when Sakurai keeps using this cryptic language, people tend to get confused over what he means.

I think the words he used were, "choose freely from our diverse collection of songs" or something like that. Tends to make me think of every song in the game.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I only skimmed through half the thread.

But are there seriously people that thought you could put ANY music on any stage? Where the hell did that come form? Were you expecting to listen to the Mario Bros theme while playing Norfair?

OF COURSE they would be limited only to their franchises. It would be so dumb to mix the music up.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Personally, i've always assumed that only music from the franchise would be able to be played.

It may be not what some people want, but i don't really mind. I don't particularily want to play on Delphino Plaza with Kirby music playing.

I'm a bit confused as to why people are still talking about this. Like, was this not obvious from the beginning?

My music. Allows you to make the likely-ness of songs be more than others on a stage, but all from the same franchise.

/thread

Does it ever get hot in Samus' powersuit? Or are there, like, little fans in there?

Discuss

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I'm a bit confused as to why people are still talking about this. Like, was this not obvious from the beginning?

My music. Allows you to make the likelyness of songs be more than others on a stage

/thread

Does it ever get hot in Samus' powersuit? Or are there, like, little fans in there?

Discuss

This is the second time in the last few minutes I've seen you name a random topic in a thread and tell us to discuss it. Please stop.

This is the second time in the last few minutes I've seen you name a random topic in a thread and tell us to discuss it. Please stop.
Aww....you're no fun :p

I kid, I kid...but seriously, does she have a fan system in there or something? Or like one of those cooling liquid lines like those really powerful PCs on TV?

Top Bottom