• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Matches (Offline vids added)

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Finally got some vids loaded *kisses DVD recorder*.

These are WiFi matches. *insert lag john here*

Update: I also got offline matches now. They're particularly short though since we lowered it to two stock (for some odd reason). The ones that are the latest will be colored cyan.

Be sure to watch in high quality if the option is there.

WiFi Matches

Vs Kirby

Vs Toon Link

Vs Falco (Major League Gaming Ladder Match)

Vs Shiek (MLG Ladder Match)
VS Shiek 2 (MLG Ladder Match 2nd Round)

Vs Ike 1
Vs Ike 2

Vs Olimar

Offline Matches

Vs Marth

Vs ROB
Vs ROB 2
Vs ROB 3

Vs Lucario (Green Greens suck)
Vs Lucario 2

Vs Jigglypuff
Vs Jigglypuff 2
Vs Jigglypuff 3

Vs Bowser

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
More like that guy (you) was fighting an easy opponent. :p

Yeah, I did rely on FLUDD too much, especially those first two matches.

*adds more vids*

vato_break

Smash Master
Don't spam fludd -_-
I mean all people have to do is sheild to punish you,the only time i use fludd on stage is if my opponent rolls alot or spot dodges alot. Also you shouldn't roll towards your opponent i saw you do that a few times and the times you could of used fludd to punish your opponent you fireballs instead 0_o.

So don't roll towards your opponent and dont use smashes so much use more aerials. Don't be predictable.

Also that quality was great, good job.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Don't spam fludd -_-
I won't. ;) I dunno what was up with me that day. XD I try to FLUDD on-stage in terms of predictable approach-killing, but I definitely went overboard with it.

And you guys can critique/**** my Mario all you want. Since I'm in the MLG WiFi stuff, I'm gonna need all the advice I can get.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Only match I watched so far was the Falco one. Use cape more. :p

Cape's you're best friend against falco (& Alot of other characters). Majority of falco's moves have lag after he uses them. Leaving him vulnerable. Might even cape his recovery back off the stage. Regardless. The cape is you're mindgame, when you use it enough, it usually messes up you're opponet slightly because he know it there, and can be used.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Dang, son. HeroMystic, your Mario's good... Now I definitely want to have a Wifi battle when I get back to Jacksonville... :chuckle: That Ike was good, too, though. Reminded me of my older sister... Before she quit Brawl, that is. One thing I did notice, though, was that you used forward smash a lot towards the end. Not only does that become predictable, but you've also gotta consider damage decay when doing something like that. Try to mix it up with forward tilt or down smash in those situations.

Keep it up. Go to tournaments. Make the Mario boards proud. :chuckle:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Good? :laugh: Personally, I think my performance was quite awful in those vids. I think I'm plenty better now since I'm actually more comfortable with WiFi's hinderances.

Matt07

Smash Master
Alright first match against Kirby.

You used FLUUD quite a bit, which I find nothing wrong with just, you shot maybe 3x in the wrong direction, and you got punish for it. And you smashed a lot when you were anxious for a K.O. It's ok, but if it get's too predictable, your opponent will start punishing you for it. Try to smash less (Especially dsmash)

Against the Toon Link.

Hmm nothing I can really say other then you used less smashes which is good, but try to save dsmash a little less. I know how fast and reliable it is, but I only use smashes for K.O's. Maybe once in a while I will use them to rack up damage. But yea nice 'gimp' on the second stock! And where did his bombs go when you shot them with FLUUD? So much for what comes up, must come down :laugh:.

Against Falco.

Well, I didn't know Mario can break out of Falco's chainbreak :O. Unless he messed up due to lag. Yea I can't really say anything against Falco since his spike is so easy to hit with :mad:. And I don't really know much against Falco, I just spam cape against him :laugh:.

I will watch, and critique the rest of your matches once I'm back from school.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Well, I didn't know Mario can break out of Falco's chainbreak :O. Unless he messed up due to lag.
Not entirely sure about that. It depends on whether Mario gets a chance to act while Falco is going for the grab. Mario's Up-B has invincibility frames at start-up just like Marth's, so if Mario is able to move, then he can easily break out of it.

But the Marth boards claim that it's easy for them to break out of it unless the Falco player is frame-perfect with their chaingrab. So the case can be similar with Mario.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
bumping because I got offline matches now. Those generally shows how I play.

They're pretty short, which is why there's a high quantity of them.

EDIT: The ROB 3 vid is having some trouble processing, but it should be up in a few.

BlueJx23

Smash Cadet
i've only seen the TL match right now, too late for me to watch them all now. fun match, i enjoyed the gimpage, upsmash to uptilt, and the denying his bomb usage (must have annoyed him ^^).

someone on here said something about escaping Falco's cg. i really wish there were good Falco's in my area i could test that on.

Top Bottom