• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Mafia Academia -- ENDGAME: Bites Za Dusto

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Hey, we're trying to get more people to sign up, not less. :p

That puts us at 14. Somebody else tag more people so we can fill this thing up. :p

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Oh, so that's why she wanted that to happen? I'm flattered, but...

Hmph. After all I've done for you I thought I'd at least deserve an A-. unless B++ is actually really good in those games and I'm just dumb

Yeah. Not one of the DS ones. Two of them have 3DS remakes that basically invalidate the originals with the amount of quality-of-life and balance improvements they add, while the third is better but still suffers in the QoL department compared to the newer games.

Instead I'd start with a 3DS one. All of the games except Nexus have demos on the eShop, so you can pick one of those up and see how it goes. If you want a specific recommendation I'd go for 5 or 2 Untold (the former is the second most recent, the latter has a story mode with preset characters if you don't want the hassle of making your own), but they're all good. The games don't have any important story connections to each other, so you can just start with any of them without feeling like you're missing out on anything.

If you must go for a DS one go for 3, but I dunno how well you'd manage to draw maps with an emulator (I've never tried, and I'm not sure if the DS games have the auto-mapping features the 3DS games have).
The DS games are good experiences, especially if you want to play Classic mode. The bosses on 3DS are balanced for the Story mode characters, so they crumble on Classic mode.

The DS games don't have auto-mapping at all, if that is a problem.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
So basically, everyone but you and Shish :troll:
I've played almost the entire series!

5 sounds solid then, I might dust off the old 3ds. I'm just not sure on work culture here quite yet (I work in IT), and a phone seems more acceptable. We will see!
I basically agree with Moy's recommendations, for what that's worth, but I would consider starting with 3 or 4 depending on your preferences.

3 is a great first title if you think you'll play the whole series, because you won't miss/notice the QoL changes as much starting with it, and you'll appreciate them in the 3DS titles more.

4 is the easiest by a pretty wide margin, so if you want to get the "true" experience of the series by playing it on the hardest difficulty, it's a good game to start with if you're not used to really difficult RPGs. 4 on hard still isn't that hard, especially not compared to like, Untold 1.

Otherwise, yeah, starting with 5 is probably best.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You did?
where are all these people who've actually played EO coming from, I almost miss when it was my own exclusive thing that nobody else knew about
Yeah I played like all or almost all of the 3ds ones.

...never beat any of them though.

Alice Phantasma

Smash Apprentice
The DS games are good experiences, especially if you want to play Classic mode. The bosses on 3DS are balanced for the Story mode characters, so they crumble on Classic mode.

The DS games don't have auto-mapping at all, if that is a problem.
I'm not part of this game but I figured I'd put in my experience with the franchise that EO2 has path automapping, but not wall automapping. I haven't played 1 or 3 though so I can't say what those have.

And now I'll get back out of this thread. have fun with mafia!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I haven't played the DS games, mainly because most of them weren't released over here, so my only options to play them are either an expensive import, or to take to the high seas which is probably appropriate in the case of EO3. Which I'll probably do eventually for EO3 at least, since that's the only one without a remake.

In news that's actually relevant to here, My Hero Academia recently showed up in my Amazon video recommendations, which means I am contractually obligated to binge watch it as much as possible before this starts so I can not suck as co-host. Had two 2+ hour train journeys over the weekend so I cleared out most of the first series already. It's not bad. I'm still not overly keen on high school settings in general, but apart from one or two episodes it hasn't gone way overboard on high school junk so it's tolerable. The stuff I like outweighs the stuff I don't like, so I'm gonna stick with it for now and see how it goes.

Except the purple blob pervert kid. He showed up literally twice and I don't even know his name, and I already hate him.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I prefer the manga, personally. Less because it's better or worse, more because I read faster than I watch a show.

It definitely builds in a solid way; I certainly enjoyed it. There's a lot of good, and it does well within the required Shonen tropes.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Maven89 Maven89 Z25 Z25 Pokechu Pokechu Ura Ura Lore Lore UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin giraffelasergun giraffelasergun Dooplissity Dooplissity KingBooGengar57 KingBooGengar57 Pyra Pyra praline praline The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn Jojalole Jojalole @GoldenYuiitusin @ShinyLegendary

So, how does it feel seeing a tag from an admin pop up in your alert boxes? :p

We're still on track for getting started tomorrow. Just want to get people to confirm here first so that we know exactly who's going to turn up.
Still alive,

But I'll just say this in advance. I might be at work depending on when the game starts. Otherwise, I'm good.

D

Deleted member

It's fine since the game hasn't started yet, but if you do it during the game there'll be trouble. I'm an admin now, don't try and trick me, it won't work.
*Salutes and then bows*
For all of EOBoards, I will not edit my posts.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Maven89 Maven89 Z25 Z25 Pokechu Pokechu Ura Ura Lore Lore UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin giraffelasergun giraffelasergun Dooplissity Dooplissity KingBooGengar57 KingBooGengar57 Pyra Pyra praline praline The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn Jojalole Jojalole @GoldenYuiitusin @ShinyLegendary

So, how does it feel seeing a tag from an admin pop up in your alert boxes? :p

We're still on track for getting started tomorrow. Just want to get people to confirm here first so that we know exactly who's going to turn up.
I was really confused why the game didn't start since it's been some time sign up's started. In any case, it's good that it's starting tomorrow.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Why is votmoo bolded?
I wanted to bold "Vote Moydow" but I realized "voting" doesn't have an e in it, and so I just went with the incomplete bolding.

Why are you asking about my typographical strategies?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wanted to bold "Vote Moydow" but I realized "voting" doesn't have an e in it, and so I just went with the incomplete bolding.

Why are you asking about my typographical strategies?
When I see random letters I immediately have to put it into a word cause I think it’s a secret code or something.

toastr.

Top Bottom