• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Mafia Academia -- ENDGAME: Bites Za Dusto

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Yeah the first sucm flip will be very important, imo.

If you're tired of role discussion, let's go then. What questions do you have? What are your current reads?
I'm at work and today's p. busy so I can give you a more in depth list in a few hours, but I'm 100% sold on praline scum.
Also want to look at Ura and Utop more. I think Ura has been making at least an effort to scum hunt, but it only seems to be about smaller things so I can't tell how genuine it is.
Willing to look at pokechu more after a praline flip, but also not 100% sold on pokechu scum.
I don't have any opinion on mr. penguin. But tbf they're replacing into a game that's already at 40+ pages so I'm not sure how much they've read.

Everyone else is town/town lean/forgotten about to me right now.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
You are basing this on the item you received.

If the item you received is legit (shown by you basing your read on it), why would you then argue that she will flip as a one shot ability?
Just speculation - two one-shot abilities (I think I've seen that before)... just in general limited abilities. Because the scum wouldn't be able to benefit from x-shot abilities forever, so saving a scum who has them would be a Big Move™️.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm at work and today's p. busy so I can give you a more in depth list in a few hours, but I'm 100% sold on praline scum.
Also want to look at Ura and Utop more. I think Ura has been making at least an effort to scum hunt, but it only seems to be about smaller things so I can't tell how genuine it is.
Willing to look at pokechu more after a praline flip, but also not 100% sold on pokechu scum.
I don't have any opinion on mr. penguin. But tbf they're replacing into a game that's already at 40+ pages so I'm not sure how much they've read.

Everyone else is town/town lean/forgotten about to me right now.
I'd appreciate the in depth list later, thanks. In the meantime, thanks for the current read list.

Just speculation - two one-shot abilities (I think I've seen that before)... just in general limited abilities. Because the scum wouldn't be able to benefit from x-shot abilities forever, so saving a scum who has them would be a Big Move™️.
But why speculate at all after your item and Unikorn's claim? If you believe the item to be legit, then you have no reason to speculate at all.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'd appreciate the in depth list later, thanks. In the meantime, thanks for the current read list.

But why speculate at all after your item and Unikorn's claim? If you believe the item to be legit, then you have no reason to speculate at all.
it doesn't hurt does it? I'm confident the receiver is legit, it wouldn't be in the game otherwise LOL but I was trying to argue x-shot as a whole (like maybe one really good one-use but a meh full-use) and the "one-shot ability" I felt would make my point clearer - because if she couldn't act for the rest of the game, no point in saving her right?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Even if she has a 1-shot, how do we know she used it N1? She clearly can act more than once, maybe she used the 1-shot N2?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
That's a good point I hadn't considered. Touché
I guess I could argue that since she targeted me N1, but herself N2, that N1 could've been the one-shot since presumably the one-shot couldn't be used on herself. Not sure of many mafia roles that can target the user. But this is getting into conspiracy-territory I feel

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
it doesn't hurt does it? I'm confident the receiver is legit, it wouldn't be in the game otherwise LOL but I was trying to argue x-shot as a whole (like maybe one really good one-use but a meh full-use) and the "one-shot ability" I felt would make my point clearer - because if she couldn't act for the rest of the game, no point in saving her right?
Your logic is entirely twisted here. If you believe Praline is scum and you also believe your receiver is legit, then you have zero reason to suspect that she isn't a one shot.

This speculation only makes sense if you are scum trying to gain wiggle room for when Praline flips as a one-shot, countering your item claim while lining up with Unikorn's. I suspect she used a one shot on N2 after this post from you.

If you truly believed your item is legit as you directly say in the quoted post, then you, as town, would have zero reason to speculate at all.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Your logic is entirely twisted here. If you believe Praline is scum and you also believe your receiver is legit, then you have zero reason to suspect that she isn't a one shot.

This speculation only makes sense if you are scum trying to gain wiggle room for when Praline flips as a one-shot, countering your item claim while lining up with Unikorn's. I suspect she used a one shot on N2 after this post from you.

If you truly believed your item is legit as you directly say in the quoted post, then you, as town, would have zero reason to speculate at all.
It was an appeal to extreme - using "one shot" was the best way to show that depending on praline's abilities there would be no logical motive for me to want to save her. I completely believe the receiver, it was given to me after all. But I'm still going to shed light on the "what if"s of her abilities because based on them scum!Chu's actions would've obviously been different. If she had a one-shot "kill all townies" then yeah of course scum!Chu'd go for that LOL but if it was anything bad it's like what's the point

It's been a while since I've had to really go at it in mafia like this so I do think that some of my wording could've been better, I could've explained things clearer, but you can believe what you want. I'm not scum, just confusing™️ LOL

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Lore Lore also curious question btw

praline/pokechu scum team is your bet, who's the third scum chum?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn why did you target Golden Night 1 when you could have tracked someone more suspicious?
I didn’t feel like I had enough confidence in any of the suspicions after day 1, especially after Shiny, my biggest suspicion of the time, flipped town.

So I went with Goldie because from my own experiences playing mafia with him, I’ve learned that it’s never a bad idea to keep him as a wild card when speculating who’s scum.

In other words, he was a safe bet.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
It was an appeal to extreme - using "one shot" was the best way to show that depending on praline's abilities there would be no logical motive for me to want to save her. I completely believe the receiver, it was given to me after all. But I'm still going to shed light on the "what if"s of her abilities because based on them scum!Chu's actions would've obviously been different. If she had a one-shot "kill all townies" then yeah of course scum!Chu'd go for that LOL but if it was anything bad it's like what's the point

It's been a while since I've had to really go at it in mafia like this so I do think that some of my wording could've been better, I could've explained things clearer, but you can believe what you want. I'm not scum, just confusing™️ LOL
This still reeks of scum trying to look good after the inevitable Praline flip, where it's shown that your item is fake. I have to wonder if that's intentional, especially with how it's not your power but was instead "given" to you. You get to dodge the blame.

Your wording is fine! It's just scummy.

Lore Lore also curious question btw

praline/pokechu scum team is your bet, who's the third scum chum?
Not sure quite yet, right now I'd rather focus on getting you two gone rather than redirecting attention away from you.

I'd be happy to give my full read list based on who it might be, but it'll take some time to think on.

Side note to everyone: I will be doing dnd tonight and will likely not post much.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
This still reeks of scum trying to look good after the inevitable Praline flip, where it's shown that your item is fake. I have to wonder if that's intentional, especially with how it's not your power but was instead "given" to you. You get to dodge the blame.

Your wording is fine! It's just scummy.

Not sure quite yet, right now I'd rather focus on getting you two gone rather than redirecting attention away from you.

I'd be happy to give my full read list based on who it might be, but it'll take some time to think on.

Side note to everyone: I will be doing dnd tonight and will likely not post much.
naw. the item isn't fake. I think you should be more considerate of possibilities other than the one you want to be reality. I think that you're caught up in how I voted for praline and other details such as the receiver that you're missing the forest for the trees. just the passive-aggressiveness I feel is distracting you from thinking "hmm. OK. that makes sense, let's see where praline takes us first" rather than planning out a future lynch before toDay's is already settled. yeah I've gotten a bit ahead of myself too with being 100% confident praline will be scum, but at least that piece really is clear and evident; tying someone to praline however as her scummate is not.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
naw. the item isn't fake. I think you should be more considerate of possibilities other than the one you want to be reality. I think that you're caught up in how I voted for praline and other details such as the receiver that you're missing the forest for the trees. just the passive-aggressiveness I feel is distracting you from thinking "hmm. OK. that makes sense, let's see where praline takes us first" rather than planning out a future lynch before toDay's is already settled. yeah I've gotten a bit ahead of myself too with being 100% confident praline will be scum, but at least that piece really is clear and evident; tying someone to praline however as her scummate is not.
You say you believe the item is completely legit.

The item shows Praline as having two items.

You are theorizing and defending yourself by saying Praline might have one action.

Your logic makes zero sense. Even more so if you say the item isn't fake.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
You say you believe the item is completely legit.

The item shows Praline as having two items.

You are theorizing and defending yourself by saying Praline might have one action.

Your logic makes zero sense. Even more so if you say the item isn't fake.
I said that was an appeal to the extreme. Praline could have one action, she could have 999 worthless ones. It's the same thing in this case, because either way there would be no reason for scum!Chu to make himself the next lynch by voting to save her.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
when I'm on the hotseat and answering many questions from multiple different people, of course I will not explain it as efficiently as the thought formed in my head. translating it into an argument so quickly is prone to make holes and errors; I'm not scum, neither is what I'm saying scummy (at least from my PoV), but when I flip town players will act so shocked, when in reality if they gave my posts a second look and instead of looking at it from a "I think this person is scum" viewpoint, looked at it from that specific player's viewpoint (in this case me), it isn't all that unbelievable that I'm town.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
but ty for coming to my ted talk 2.0 I'm glad to accept any @'s ?'s or comments

LOL :joyful:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I said that was an appeal to the extreme. Praline could have one action, she could have 999 worthless ones. It's the same thing in this case, because either way there would be no reason for scum!Chu to make himself the next lynch by voting to save her.
Or she has a good action. You're conveniently leaving out that part.

If she has a solid action, you would absolutely have reason to save her that Day then bus her the next one. You didn't come close to making yourself the next lynch until your strange claim, which, when combined with your other behavior, makes you look sketch as hell.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Like making errors by reading a post wrong is one thing. Scrambling to defend yourself and being logically inconsistent is another.

Turns out that scum and liars do that. Bootstrap Bill, you are a liar and you will spend an eternity on this ship!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Or she has a good action. You're conveniently leaving out that part.

If she has a solid action, you would absolutely have reason to save her that Day then bus her the next one. You didn't come close to making yourself the next lynch until your strange claim, which, when combined with your other behavior, makes you look sketch as hell.
my strange claim? it's just mayor and an informative ability. not sure what's strange about that, and if I was scum, don't you think I'd try coming up with something I knew wouldn't be seen as strange? if this was a fakeclaim I wouldnt touch it with a 20 foot pole LOL

if she had a good action then IDK why she'd target me N1 and herself N2 but when she flips maybe we'll get an idea on that

It's not scrambling to defend yourself, just struggling in the heat of the moment - turns out that any alignment can do that!

I hope you have backup plans, putting all of your eggs in one basket can be deadly

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
maybe that shouldn't be the case though? something like "hmm idk haha lol" to every question like praline did certainly is sketch. But I don't think "consistent" logic shouldn't be a wide blanket. When you're formulating ideas as you post them of course they'll not come out completely smooth. That's something to factor - my logic may have been inconsistent at points, I do admit, but does its bigger picture paint me as scum? Are most of the ideas valid? are my actual actions so far anti-town? keep in mind that some of these questions I don't have answers to either. who sent me the receiver, what other abilities might that person have, etc.

even now a lot of people haven't provided reasoning for their scumread of me cough kary cough , get ready for a rude awakening yall!!!!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
maybe that shouldn't be the case though? something like "hmm idk haha lol" to every question like praline did certainly is sketch. But I don't think "consistent" logic shouldn't be a wide blanket. When you're formulating ideas as you post them of course they'll not come out completely smooth. That's something to factor - my logic may have been inconsistent at points, I do admit, but does its bigger picture paint me as scum? Are most of the ideas valid? are my actual actions so far anti-town? keep in mind that some of these questions I don't have answers to either. who sent me the receiver, what other abilities might that person have, etc.

even now a lot of people haven't provided reasoning for their scumread of me cough kary cough , get ready for a rude awakening yall!!!!

ebwop

I don't think consistent logic should be a wide blanket* that you apply to say "you're scum" or "you're town" etc

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Back from my job fair today. Anything of importance I should know about?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Back from my job fair today. Anything of importance I should know about?
I don’t believe so, other then pokechu desperately trying to prove that are not scum with praline and offer solutions to things that don’t make sense such as saying there is without a doubt a strongman

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I don’t believe so, other then pokechu desperately trying to prove that are not scum with praline and offer solutions to things that don’t make sense such as saying there is without a doubt a strongman
can you reread my posts? it's not any more "desperate" than your forge theory and I 100% surely never said that there was "without a doubt a strongman."

please don't misrepresent me, thanks!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
  1. Maven89 | Kary
  2. Z25
  3. Pokechu
  4. Ura
  5. Werekill
  6. UtopianPoyzin
  7. GLG
  8. Dooplissity
  9. ToasterBrains
  10. Praline
  11. The Stoopid Unikorn
  12. Jojalole | Just a Penguin
  13. GoldenYuiitusin
  14. ShinyLegendary
here are my up-to-date reads, anyone can ask for explanation. if no one does sniff give me attention guys then I'll just post some random explanations

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
  1. Maven89 | Kary
  2. Z25
  3. Pokechu
  4. Ura
  5. Werekill
  6. UtopianPoyzin
  7. GLG
  8. Dooplissity
  9. ToasterBrains
  10. Praline
  11. The Stoopid Unikorn
  12. Jojalole | Just a Penguin
  13. GoldenYuiitusin
  14. ShinyLegendary
here are my up-to-date reads, anyone can ask for explanation. if no one does sniff give me attention guys then I'll just post some random explanations
Why am I labeled as potential scum?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
...Funny how the ones I labelled as scum also have me as their scum reads. Irony at it's finest.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Why am I labeled as potential scum?
your posts are generally summaries and lack active scumhunting. For the most part you're just agreeing with others and rarely providing your own stances. Much of your time was spent catching up on the thread, but lots of your posts are summaries and don't really add anything. It gives the illusion of "helpful townie" without actually being helpful.

So right off the bat, Werekill claims Toaster is a villain.

That's pretty sketch yo no lie.

Anways, back to reading.
summary
Okay so from what I read, Doop went in hard on Werekill after we thought he was throwing Toaster under the bus. Then Werekill says this was false and he wouldn't actually give out his role.

And now Utopian is saying his vote was done under "peer-pressure".

So the sentiment now is that those who pushed for a Werekill vote have scumread on them. Which I can buy yes but I don't think is necessarily the case. I mean with it being so early in the game let alone the phase, that's not something I think Mafia would want to do from the get-go. Although I am pretty sketch about them. That being said, Wereville claiming from the get go and then saying it was used to make Toaster react is interesting.
summary

Just so you guys know, i'm catching up. Currently on Page 12 because there's so many text walls to read lol.
catching up
SO

MUCH

TEXT!

sorry guys but i always cringe everytime i come across a text wall with multiple quotes
catching up

a lot of your reads don't have depth, it's like you're just throwing ideas out, seeing if they get traction, and then going with the flow
I should be clear that i'm still sus about Chu. Something about this rubs me the wrong way.

GLG and Doop need to be looked in to as well. Will have more to say about this.
why are you suspicious of me, GLG and doop? you've never expanded on your thoughts, only "X is sketch"

you also started this Day with a bang, immediately searching for the doublevoter and stating that they had to be scum
And no, i'm not buying any excuse sorry.
yet when I revealed myself, you didn't really say much. you didn't push a particular direction, you didn't question me further, etc. just kind of went with the flow. it seems to me that you're trying to avoid excess attention, you only want to appear active enough to have a presence but not active enough to get into arguments, be probed, etc.

along with this, your push on GLG still rubbed me the wrong way (I don't understand what's so sketchy about a single vote?), I think it could possibly be you prepping for a mislynch on him later on, you're trying to showcase suspicion of him early so you can create a wagon later, and ToasterBrains pegged you and Poyzin as suspicious
Sus -
Utopian, Ura: The way they both reacted to my "accusing everyone" made me feel like they must have a reason why that made them uncomfortable. "Of course we were uncomfortable, you accused us!" No, no, I did no such thing. You can read back. I was merely suggesting that people should try to stop funneling their attention at the loudest people for a moment.
and what do you know? ToasterBrains died last night

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
so yeah, praline's scum

aside from that I'm wary of Ura, Poyzin, Werekill, and I'm going to side-eye GLG LOL

I have a very very very strange hunch about Poyzin that's telling me he's town but I'd like to hear more from him since a lot of what I feel about Ura also applies to him

GLG I just would appreciate a few more posts from, I'm just a bit wary that he's kind of like a lurking scum LOL

but if I had three bullets right now I'd shoot praline, Werekill, and Ura

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm still iffy on your claim though, Chu.

I mean, not counting Shiny since he died day 1, we've got a total of four different investigative claims right now.
  1. A traditional tracker (me)
  2. A friendship meter gimmick (you)
  3. Your receiver lead likely being another tracker (unknown)
  4. A one-shot role cop who, for some reason, can still role cop normal abilities more than once (praline)
Number 4 is obviously lying, that I have no doubt on. But three more investigatives? With one of them potentially being the same role as mine?

I've already said it, but it really rubs me off the wrong way.

And I will think of whatever's the right way for me to get some answers during the night. That's just too much for me to think as truthful right now.

and what do you know? ToasterBrains got toasted last night
Fixed. You needed more pun.

but if I had three bullets right now I'd shoot praline, Werekill, and Ura
You'd need a gun first :V

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm still iffy on your claim though, Chu.

I mean, not counting Shiny since he died day 1, we've got a total of four different investigative claims right now.
  1. A traditional tracker (me)
  2. A friendship meter gimmick (you)
  3. Your receiver lead likely being another tracker (unknown)
  4. A one-shot role cop who, for some reason, can still role cop normal abilities more than once (praline)
Number 4 is obviously lying, that I have no doubt on. But three more investigatives? With one of them potentially being the same role as mine?

I've already said it, but it really rubs me off the wrong way.

And I will think of whatever's the right way for me to get some answers during the night. That's just too much for me to think as truthful right now.

Fixed. You needed more pun.

You'd need a gun first :V
side note, but yes, you're right! It is like a friendship meter, after N1 I was told our Friendship Level was at 1! Is that like referencing some part of the show or something? IDK

But the receiver lead could be a creator/inventor-like role that can hand out many different items, that's my guess. one item would be the receiver, so while it is an informative role it is still vastly different from a traditional tracker.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
who wants to give me bullets though ;););)

dont make me get my cheat engine in here ;)

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Okay, so before I get into anything, we heard some talk from Kary, but w e r e i s p e n g u i n?

Just a penguin Just a penguin , you've been on the site and posting in other threads, but you have yet to leave a substantial post here besides replying to Moydow about time-zones. Now I'm no expert, but there is definitely purposeful disconnection with the game for you. I mean, you could at least talk about where your head is at, but you seem to be avoiding speaking to blow by undercover. Do I think you're scum? I don't have a solid reason to, just please try to integrate yourself into the game a bit more.

Yes, but 13 isn't even a number on a clock unless you use military time, and who does that?

Also mafia stuff I guess.

Top Bottom