• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Luigi

Killer-Katnip

Smash Cadet
Hmmmmm... very nice moves, my fighting style is like yours with a few more ground smashes and green missles, though you can pull it off waaaayyyyy better than me. But then again i can only use wiimotes, so when i try to combo it laggs a bit and i get my *** kicked:(:psycho::(. I would love to battle with you, message me if you want to.

swim2007

Smash Apprentice

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
<--- Mario player.

Mario vs. Luigi, let's go =]

I remember you last telling me you moved, where you live at now..? We should play sometimes.

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
<--- Mario player.

Mario vs. Luigi, let's go =]

I remember you last telling me you moved, where you live at now..? We should play sometimes.
Hey man good to hear from you again. Yeah I moved, I'm in Anaheim now.

Thanks for all the comments/suggestions I've been sent from you guys!!! Working on getting some matches from last nights tourny up on youtube.

I 2-0'd the great Night (Insane Marth player, made it to semi-finals in that gamestop tourny, lost only to Ken) last night, and played Psycho ******. I got him to his final stock both rounds but he just kept besting me towards the end. By far the most amazing Snake player Brawl has seen.

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
yeah, from my experience playing snake (let alone psycho ******) as luigi takes a lot of planning and patience. those tilts are insane

prOAPC

Smash Lord
great luigi :D
i have never played with Luigi, but you play like i played Samus in melee, so i'm going to try him :)
btw, why don't you use the fireballs? And which one is the best grab to kill with Luigi?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Just watched the video, your luigi to me has a different feel which I kinda like because I learned something new from the video. Such as the Nair to another Nair and a Bair at 0:38. I also like the Nair to Utilt then to 3 Fairs, then a upair It was quick 40%+ or so. It seemed liked most of your ko's were charging in with shoryukens. Your Luigi has definitly potential, just abit more tweaks such as more upangled fsmashs, jab cancelling, definitly more dthrows to rack up damage quicker. Don't do luigi's dash attack since it has tons of lag and f-tilts too.

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
Just watched the video, your luigi to me has a different feel which I kinda like because I learned something new from the video. Such as the Nair to another Nair and a Bair at 0:38. I also like the Nair to Utilt then to 3 Fairs, then a upair It was quick 40%+ or so. It seemed liked most of your ko's were charging in with shoryukens. Your Luigi has definitly potential, just abit more tweaks such as more upangled fsmashs, jab cancelling, definitly more dthrows to rack up damage quicker. Don't do luigi's dash attack since it has tons of lag and f-tilts too.
I hear so much about that up angled fsmash, I'll definitely give it a try today.

Oh, and any dash attacks you see are accidental...ha ha =P At the very least, at least it's not as bad as Melee's version, with no hit that does knockback at the end.

Thanks for the comments/suggestions!

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I hear so much about that up angled fsmash, I'll definitely give it a try today.

Oh, and any dash attacks you see are accidental...ha ha =P At the very least, at least it's not as bad as Melee's version, with no hit that does knockback at the end.

Thanks for the comments/suggestions!
Dash attack is great but at the very last hit people powershield it, well for me that is lol >.>
It only took me maybe 3 days? to get up angled fsmash adjusted. It's easier to do it with the "tap jump" feature off so that you can do that, and uptilts and upairs.

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
Dash attack is great but at the very last hit people powershield it, well for me that is lol >.>
It only took me maybe 3 days? to get up angled fsmash adjusted. It's easier to do it with the "tap jump" feature off so that you can do that, and uptilts and upairs.
w0rd I always play with tap jump off. I'll give that uangledfsmash a try (Hooray for lazy typing)!

Eten

Smash Ace
I do up-angled Fsmash by simply holding up and pressing over c-stick to fsmash. If I feel like doing it twice or switching directions I just keep holding up and it's all in the c-stick. You know, for those people who instinctively go to roll behind you to dodge and punish your smash attack.

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
I do up-angled Fsmash by simply holding up and pressing over c-stick to fsmash. If I feel like doing it twice or switching directions I just keep holding up and it's all in the c-stick. You know, for those people who instinctively go to roll behind you to dodge and punish your smash attack.
It's funny, I never even knew I could hold up then use the c stick for an angled smash until yesterday. But yeah, this is great advice, thanks!

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
great luigi :D
i have never played with Luigi, but you play like i played Samus in melee, so i'm going to try him :)
btw, why don't you use the fireballs? And which one is the best grab to kill with Luigi?
Hey there, I just realized I never answered your questions. Fireballs are definitely your friend, me however, I tend to use them MUCH more against defensive players. I've had plenty of great matches with Nightside at a couple of recent tournies, and if I ever get a vid of me and him it's a great example of how useful it can be against defensive players.

Oh, and his back throw is by far is most powerful throw, in terms of strength and distance.

cheifrocka

Smash Apprentice
dude, i love your videos. awesome luigi.

sorry it's sort of late and i have nothing constructive to add, heh

Lethe

Smash Cadet
incredible playstyle. i can never manage to string that many attacks with luigi. but what i really liked was in the olimar vid, when you were messing with the tempo of the match - like one minute you're pressuring nonstop with aerials, then all of a sudden you slow down, anticipate and land an upb/smash...

got any replays vs meta?!?!

edit: also, holy crap @ your reflexes in the one vs ROB. dodging the laser was just insane.

and 11/14 hits, 0 to death on that mario... just wow

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
incredible playstyle. i can never manage to string that many attacks with luigi. but what i really liked was in the olimar vid, when you were messing with the tempo of the match - like one minute you're pressuring nonstop with aerials, then all of a sudden you slow down, anticipate and land an upb/smash...

got any replays vs meta?!?!

edit: also, holy crap @ your reflexes in the one vs ROB. dodging the laser was just insane.

and 11/14 hits, 0 to death on that mario... just wow
No replays of Meta atm, I never get a chance to fight any Meta's unfortunately =/ The tournies I've been to recently, the Meta players never make it up very high, and I just never get paired with them in the beginning. I'll definitely try and grab a vid of me vs Meta if I can though.

Brawl obviously doesn't have the hit stun that Melee did, so stringing together a combo in Brawl, is all about the key element: Spacing. Learning max or close to max spacing with Luigi's aerials make for some great juggles, especially if you're opponent thinks he can fight his way out rather than air dodge.

Just remember that Luigi's best aerial moves to space are his up air, and back air. If an opponent dodges either, Luigi's lag is pretty generous and you can try and attack again or dodge your self if you see an incoming attack.

Oh, and I've just been used to fighting R.O.B.s now, heh. I remember when I first fought a R.O.B., man did I underestimate that laser.

Thanks for all comments/suggestions!!! I appreciate the voice guys =]

Top Bottom