• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My LAME King Dedede. Plz tell me what I'm doing wrong!

lain

Smash Master

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
To be honest i barely saw any smash attacks. You could of gotten some KO's with them through the use of mindgames.

TheWaft

Smash Journeyman
Illinois--I live in a suburb of chicago. Looking f
1. Don't overuse the back air that much, see how it didn't kill him when he had like 160 percent on game one at 1:25?

2. Land more uptilts. I did not see that many attempts, and there were many cases where you could of used it.

3. throw more waddledees when he is approaching, and get your timing and spacing with them a little better.

Other than that those were pretty good.

lain

Smash Master
1. Bair is amazing. When it got stale it WAS annoying, but what else am I gonna space with? fair? It's an amazing spacing/defensive/offensive move. Waddle dee throwing can help unstale it though.

2. When you see opportunities for utilt, why not grab? More percent, and at the end of the cg it provides and excellent setup where they are off the edge and you can start edgegaurding. I only utilt when it will kill and when I know someones gonna be hit by it.

3. I have the timing and spacing with waddle dees down pretty nicely. I just don't spam them that much even though I should. But yes I agree for the most part.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
1. Bair is amazing. When it got stale it WAS annoying, but what else am I gonna space with? fair? It's an amazing spacing/defensive/offensive move. Waddle dee throwing can help unstale it though.

2. When you see opportunities for utilt, why not grab? More percent, and at the end of the cg it provides and excellent setup where they are off the edge and you can start edgegaurding. I only utilt when it will kill and when I know someones gonna be hit by it.

3. I have the timing and spacing with waddle dees down pretty nicely. I just don't spam them that much even though I should. But yes I agree for the most part.

-bair is amazing, but you dont have to use it SO much. Fair is good to, use it. Swallow into bair can be done with fair instead so you hit with a stronger, more fresh move. Waddle dees should be out almost like a diddy player uses bananas to help soak up projectiles and like you said to help with move decay.

- utlilt is good at low percents because you can juggle with it, at higher percents it is basically a snake uptilt with out the range. Its a smash attack with next to no startup basically. Its fast and deadly, think bair on the ground. You missed several chances to land it safely and kill with it.

- grab jabbing at least once on each grab helps clear move decay as well so your bair stays fresh.

-dsmash is really good, and upsmash can be used because it has more range than uptilt. fsmash can be used with mindgames. The hammer kill on Marth was great.

Mostly its good, and most of the stuff I said is an echo, but they are imoprtant elements to your game.

CO18

Smash Hero
-bair is amazing, but you dont have to use it SO much. Fair is good to, use it. Swallow into bair can be done with fair instead so you hit with a stronger, more fresh move. Waddle dees should be out almost like a diddy player uses bananas to help soak up projectiles and like you said to help with move decay.

- utlilt is good at low percents because you can juggle with it, at higher percents it is basically a snake uptilt with out the range. Its a smash attack with next to no startup basically. Its fast and deadly, think bair on the ground. You missed several chances to land it safely and kill with it.

- grab jabbing at least once on each grab helps clear move decay as well so your bair stays fresh.

-dsmash is really good, and upsmash can be used because it has more range than uptilt. fsmash can be used with mindgames. The hammer kill on Marth was great.

Mostly its good, and most of the stuff I said is an echo, but they are imoprtant elements to your game.
I dont agree with using up tilt at low percents. As he said why do that when you can grab instead? Which would also create more damage with chaingrabbing and put them in a bad situation off the ledge.

I also disagree with keeping waddle dees on the field like bananas because it can really screw with your game and cause you to accidentally throw them in situations where you mean to tilt or do an aerial and allows you to be easily punished. So you have to be very conscious with them on the field.

TheWaft

Smash Journeyman
Illinois--I live in a suburb of chicago. Looking f
i didn't mean use up tilt at low percents, what i'm saying is i am pretty sure i saw a few times in the videos when his opponet had like 120 percent and he could've up tilted, but didn't. You shouldn't use up tilt at low percents, but when it is high enough to kill and you can hit it, use it.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Okay having waddles out isn't necessary against characters that cant camp, but they would be useful against characters like Lucario, because it shuts down the camping. I still like up tilt at low percents, but you all know more than me, so I wont argue it, but waft is right about the fact that OP should have used up tilt to get a kill a couple of times, and he didnt...

lain

Smash Master
CO18 really knows whats up lol.

I don't consider DDD to be a main anymore. I used to consider him alongside my IC's, but I'll just bust him out for certain matchups.

Mr.Gentleman

Smash Rookie
From what I saw your DDD is actually quite good. The problem you have is KOing and as some people in here have said, your back air is one of best things for that but you use it quite often which diminishes its KOing potential. If you have not heard about the formula that dictates how much your atks decrease when you use them you have a que of 9 and if you use say something like your back air 5 times out of the 9 it will not knock back people much. Something you could do to refresh your back air is chain crab a little more. In some of the matches there were really good opportunities for you to chain. Another thing that goes really well with the chain grabing is instantly punching when you chaingrab. This can be done by either hitting the z button literally right after you try to grab (if you miss the grab you dont do anything but it you land it you will punch him once, this will use of one of the atks in your que, refreshing you back air a little more as well as other moves) you can also do this with shield grabing by hitting A right after you grab just like you would with z. Those are just a few tips hope they help.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well... for starters, you're not using Metaknight. :/

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well... for starters, you're not using Metaknight. :/
Ha ha ha! Oh gosh, that's funny! That's really funn- do you-do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. "You're not using Metaknight." You know, I've, I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Hmm. You're the first. I've never heard anyone bring that up before. Because he's the best character in the game, right? Isn't he? "You're not using Metaknight." God, what a clever, smart person you must be, to come up with a joke like that all by yourself. Hmm. That's so fresh too. Any "Melee is better" jokes you want to throw at me too as long as we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity, hmm? 'Cause I'm here. God, you're so funny!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ha ha ha! Oh gosh, that's funny! That's really funn- do you-do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. "You're not using Metaknight." You know, I've, I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Hmm. You're the first. I've never heard anyone bring that up before. Because he's the best character in the game, right? Isn't he? "You're not using Metaknight." God, what a clever, smart person you must be, to come up with a joke like that all by yourself. Hmm. That's so fresh too. Any "Melee is better" jokes you want to throw at me too as long as we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity, hmm? 'Cause I'm here. God, you're so funny!
I know, right! All the good, competitive players in my state quit brawl to go back to melee because of MK alone! lololol And so all the noobs around me play brawl because they don't like games with tech skill! rofl, MK makes this game fun and competitive!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I know, right! All the good, competitive players in my state quit brawl to go back to melee because of MK alone! lololol And so all the noobs around me play brawl because they don't like games with tech skill! rofl, MK makes this game fun and competitive!
1. Sarcasm.
2. I'm not saying that you're wrong, I'm just tired of hearing the argument.

Top Bottom