• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My ike

metroid1117

Smash Master
You're not bad. You spaced your FAirs very well, but I would suggest using more NAirs; it's fast, covers a wide area, and sets up for jab combos and UTilt. Try to get off more BAirs, as well. You started relying on QD too much; as you noticed, your opponent just used fireballs to counter it. I personally would use more USmash, but that's just my preference.

Another thing - I felt that you Countered excessively. While your opponent never punished you for it, a smarter person would just go for the grab or charged USmash next time you whiff a FAir and Countered to avoid a counterattack. Good stuff though - keep on playing.

Dragon Master Lance

Smash Rookie
It seems like you did over use the counter, and other characters will punish so maybe lay off that a little. I liked the fairs, more nairs would be also good as metroid stated. Idk if it was only that one match but QD was used heavily which is easly seen and countered. I think more bairs would help a decent amount.
Overall not to bad pretty good

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
after you did the QD you always did a u-tilt. i think an up smash sometimes would be better. it gives people time to fall into it from the air. also when theyre in the air falling down, i do u double jumped u-air but i come up short on purpose and fast fall it, then when i land i do an up smash.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I'm a total noob at this game, I haven't even played it, but I think you're playing him very well ^.^ Except for the suicide part, which, by the way, was pretty funny, lol. You can combo well, if I may say. And you make him seem faster.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Solid Ike

You're not bad. You spaced your FAirs very well, but I would suggest using more NAirs; it's fast, covers a wide area, and sets up for jab combos and UTilt. Try to get off more BAirs, as well. You started relying on QD too much; as you noticed, your opponent just used fireballs to counter it. I personally would use more USmash, but that's just my preference.

Another thing - I felt that you Countered excessively. While your opponent never punished you for it, a smarter person would just go for the grab or charged USmash next time you whiff a FAir and Countered to avoid a counterattack. Good stuff though - keep on playing.

Where did you see for him to use more nairs?! He was using them in the right situation whenever he could...this guy knows what's he doing. Whoever spams nairs is a nub...

Anyway,

although you are not too smart with the Qds and counters you atleast knew what you were doing otherwise + your Ike was pretty fast(which is more than I can say for most of the youtube Ikes I see)...still not as good as mine though hee hee :psycho:

Ike ditto sometime maybe... I love Ike dittos :lick:

Top Bottom