• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My idea for SSB4

jigglover

Smash Lord
Are you going with these trainers?
Scyther, Weavile and P&M for the speedy one, Tyranitar, Dragonite and Nidoking for the powerhouses, and then Mawile, Loudred and Meowth for the trainer in-between.

I noticed that you wanted to not put Mewtwo in, but she is probably the third most requested character ever to get into smash, so I would most definitely keep her.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think the sphere thing would look really cool, but I think the regular grid would still be a better move. Even with the individual "windows" that open to allow for character selection, I still think it would get a little messy spinning that sphere around. Just my opinion, though.

Serilei

Smash Apprentice
Are you going with these trainers?
Scyther, Weavile and P&M for the speedy one, Tyranitar, Dragonite and Nidoking for the powerhouses, and then Mawile, Loudred and Meowth for the trainer in-between.

I noticed that you wanted to not put Mewtwo in, but she is probably the third most requested character ever to get into smash, so I would most definitely keep her.
Still trying ideas, not ready to stick to one idea yet, so I am photoshopping some around. But I am heading for your idea soon.

I dont know if to put Mewtwo or Lucario. All Lucario is, is mewtwo with a few tweaks pretty much..

You prefer Scyther over Scizor?

As for what I will go for, I dont know if I want even mix in each team or a power, speed, and attack team. The speed team is ok, but the powerhouse I dont know how to handle yet, because these big pokemon have only so many moves, and for example all Dragonite is, is Charizard without fire pretty much. And Tyranitar is like Nidoking except no horns. So I want to make choices wisely. I know they look cool and all that stuff, but gameplay is important over looks :b:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lucario and Mewtwo share at most two or three moves. Not really similar...

jigglover

Smash Lord
Still trying ideas, not ready to stick to one idea yet, so I am photoshopping some around. But I am heading for your idea soon.

I dont know if to put Mewtwo or Lucario. All Lucario is, is mewtwo with a few tweaks pretty much..

You prefer Scyther over Scizor?

As for what I will go for, I dont know if I want even mix in each team or a power, speed, and attack team. The speed team is ok, but the powerhouse I dont know how to handle yet, because these big pokemon have only so many moves, and for example all Dragonite is, is Charizard without fire pretty much. And Tyranitar is like Nidoking except no horns. So I want to make choices wisely. I know they look cool and all that stuff, but gameplay is important over looks :b:
Personally, I prefer Scyther, because I trained my Scyther on Heartgold all the way up to level 100 and he is unbeatable. On my Platinum I evolved a level 100 scyther, with the same moves as the heart-gold, into Scizor and I find him getting beaten quite a lot! I think that Scyther looks like he'd be a speed character more than Scizor. In fact, he is quicker.
For power-houses, how about we have Muk, Dusknoir and Armaldo instead? All of those are completely unique, and are slow and heavy-hitting in the games? Actually, I like it more! Also, since Meowth is kind of similair to Mewtwo, how about we have Sealeo as the final Ivysaur? So it would stand: Speed: Scyther, Weavile and Plusle and MInun. Power-houses: Muk, Armaldo and Dusnoir. Well-rounded: Mawile, Sealeo and Loudred. I think that this could definitely work.

I can see how difficult this is, so many brilliant Pokemon...

Edit: Are you doing a miscellaneous team? Because on the last picture you've post you still had teams like Glover..

Serilei

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I prefer Scyther, because I trained my Scyther on Heartgold all the way up to level 100 and he is unbeatable. On my Platinum I evolved a level 100 scyther, with the same moves as the heart-gold, into Scizor and I find him getting beaten quite a lot! I think that Scyther looks like he'd be a speed character more than Scizor. In fact, he is quicker.
For power-houses, how about we have Muk, Dusknoir and Armaldo instead? All of those are completely unique, and are slow and heavy-hitting in the games? Actually, I like it more! Also, since Meowth is kind of similair to Mewtwo, how about we have Sealeo as the final Ivysaur? So it would stand: Speed: Scyther, Weavile and Plusle and MInun. Power-houses: Muk, Armaldo and Dusnoir. Well-rounded: Mawile, Sealeo and Loudred. I think that this could definitely work.

I can see how difficult this is, so many brilliant Pokemon...

Edit: Are you doing a miscellaneous team? Because on the last picture you've post you still had teams like Glover..
Nah I don't feel like re organizing teams and stuff and spending the hours photoshopping because I have to work in the morning so I just took an old image and placed it on there. When I find the time I will re organize everything

:phone:

Serilei

Smash Apprentice
Nah for no miscellaneous team or nah for the better pokemon trainers?
well Nah for the name of the miscellaneous (name) i want to find a perfect name for it. Miscellaneous makes them sound unimportant and the least useful lol. But I do want to take the single team players and group them in one group.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
this is an excellent idea, it would keep the character select screen more tidy, allowing to select from the many series represented in Smash. would benefit possible DLC characters as well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think Smash will ever have enough characters we'll ever have to worry about this

Also I still think the series rep thing is what needs to go from the smash universe

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I don't think Smash will ever have enough characters we'll ever have to worry about this

Also I still think the series rep thing is what needs to go from the smash universe
Yeah, that's the other thing. Most people are predicting SSB4 will have about 50 characters, and I don't think we'll need to worry about not being able to fit that many characters on the screen at the same time, as long as you don't mind the icons being really small and everything. Still, it would be cool to see the CSS get a cool new visual gimmick at least.

Serilei

Smash Apprentice
I need to make a twitter account first... Does he have a facebook? I've got that.
I think it is just a fan facebook honestly, but he does use his twitter quite often, it is all written in Japanese, and I dont know if he speaks english or not, so i just write in Japanese to him.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This thread looks like it involves more than just character discussions, so I moved it to the General Discussion forum.

Scar86

Smash Cadet
I really really Like this Idea, and I think it could give The Developers a lot more room to expand the roster without cluttering up a single screen too much. IT could also give them all the space they need to expand with DLC.

Perhaps there could be a similar system that manages the gametypes as well? I always found the "Special" Battle-selection system to be a bit clunky.

you could have a battle-type sphere that let's you choose from the different types of battles. Stock Matches, Time Matches, ect in the basic Battles. Then in Special you can have things like Sudden death, Stamina, and maybe even a few new modes!

There could even be a Custom Character Team, where you can pick all of the custom characters you import from the 3DS.

Since Conker and Banjo are on Board, I think it'd be nice if you added Joanna Dark and Kameo to the "Conker" Team. pls? :awesome:

Whenever I think about characters Like Pokemon Trainer, I always think back to the gameboy color/advance games of the pokemon series. Squirtle, Charizard, and Ivysaur we're great. But isn't part of the fun of being a pokemon trainer setting up you're awesome team? I hope there are more Pokemon to choose from in respects to Pokemon trainer the next time around. Charizard can be the default for the "Heavy" pokemon, Squirtle can be Default for light. Ect, Ect.

Serilei

Smash Apprentice
I really really Like this Idea, and I think it could give The Developers a lot more room to expand the roster without cluttering up a single screen too much. IT could also give them all the space they need to expand with DLC.

Perhaps there could be a similar system that manages the gametypes as well? I always found the "Special" Battle-selection system to be a bit clunky.

you could have a battle-type sphere that let's you choose from the different types of battles. Stock Matches, Time Matches, ect in the basic Battles. Then in Special you can have things like Sudden death, Stamina, and maybe even a few new modes!

There could even be a Custom Character Team, where you can pick all of the custom characters you import from the 3DS.

Since Conker and Banjo are on Board, I think it'd be nice if you added Joanna Dark and Kameo to the "Conker" Team. pls? :awesome:

Whenever I think about characters Like Pokemon Trainer, I always think back to the gameboy color/advance games of the pokemon series. Squirtle, Charizard, and Ivysaur we're great. But isn't part of the fun of being a pokemon trainer setting up you're awesome team? I hope there are more Pokemon to choose from in respects to Pokemon trainer the next time around. Charizard can be the default for the "Heavy" pokemon, Squirtle can be Default for light. Ect, Ect.
Thanks, I am glad you like it :D did you see the new revision on page 4 I did?

I had a slight thought of a new battle system as well, but I am so caught up in the characters right now.

I am also curious how this 3ds will work.

I have also thought of Joana and Kameo, but I am not sure how I would get them to work yet :D

And as for the pokemon, I would love for Charizard to be a stand alone, and his moves redone, he has so much potential. And it would be nice for a 6 pokemon trainer battle, but I want to suppose Sakurai thinks it is soo much ._.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

speaking of custom characters, I think Namco is truly the best developer for this part of the game. has anyone seen the powerful character editor in SoulCalibur V? if they implement something like this, it would add a lot of replay value and would definitely benefit from a character screen like this thread suggests.

Serilei

Smash Apprentice
speaking of custom characters, I think Namco is truly the best developer for this part of the game. has anyone seen the powerful character editor in SoulCalibur V? if they implement something like this, it would add a lot of replay value and would definitely benefit from a character screen like this thread suggests.
Yes,, character creation would be sick. 100%

I am tweeting him about it, lets see what he says.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I've just realized, but aren't stickers an early go at character customization?
Sorry I haven't gone on this thread, I generally stay on that character forum.

Scar86

Smash Cadet
Thanks, I am glad you like it :D did you see the new revision on page 4 I did?
Yes I saw, And I'm quite happy you made the change. I feel that a Sphere layout might have been confusing in the long run. btw could you move the black stuff on the left side a little farther to the left? it's kind of messing with the character portraits! XD

I had a slight thought of a new battle system as well, but I am so caught up in the characters right now.
No problem, take you're time. I really hope Sakurai sees this.

I am also curious how this 3ds will work.
According to Sakurai it's going to be a more "personal" experience, he said you could import characters made in the 3ds version and they can fight in the Wii U version. I don't know if that means that the Wii u won't have a character creator or if it means that the 3ds will have a more in depth one.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29968

I have also thought of Joana and Kameo, but I am not sure how I would get them to work yet :D

I honestly don't know how Kameo would work. She had so many different moves in the game that It would be hard to fit them all into one character. I always thought of her like a Pokemon trainer type. She would have to be able to switch at will. Joanna On the other hand has a massive variety of weapons. So she could have a moveset similar to Snake, but much lighter,similar to Falco or wolf. without all of the explosives, instead using more Alien weapons/laser weapons, knives, ect. And maybe if the series is ready, actual guns. My only fear is that bullets would be a difficult thing to get right in a fighting game.

And as for the pokemon, I would love for Charizard to be a stand alone, and his moves redone, he has so much potential. And it would be nice for a 6 pokemon trainer battle, but I want to suppose Sakurai thinks it is soo much ._.

Charizard? I never thought of him as standalone material. then again, I'm not a huge pokemon buff. I think it would be nice to have a standalone Pokemon that isn't a pshycic or Pikachu.

I've just realized, but aren't stickers an early go at character customization?
Sorry I haven't gone on this thread, I generally stay on that character forum.

yep! I bet theey we're beta testing character creation to see if it could work.

Top Bottom