• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My friend recently got a crazy Idea

PoopLoop4

Smash Cadet
So I was showing one of my friends info about brawl, and after I told him that Lucario gets stronger the higher his % gets, so he said to me"as soon as you get this game we have to go into a 1 Vs 1 match whit no time, one of us fox and the other Lucario. Since fox's laser does damage but no flinching we can get Lucario's damage up to 999% and then we will see how powerful he is!" I was like wow, never though of that, so any one with game game can you please try this to see if it makes him realy REALY strong?

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
you could also go into training mode, set the computer to Lucario, and use the options to crank Lucario to 999% instantly, then set him to human control., That'd probably be faster.

PoopLoop4

Smash Cadet
you could also go into training mode, set the computer to Lucario, and use the options to crank Lucario to 999% instantly, then set him to human control., That'd probably be faster.
lol, well it was my friends idea, not mine and I didn't know about that either, lol. I never use training mode, I find it a waste of time, i practice in VS and classic mode.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Someone said that the bonus maximizes at 200%, though I don't know if that's been tested.

It would make sense though.

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
Lucario's boosted power caps out at 200%

Also, the match options in Brawl multiplayer allow you to set the % each opponent starts at, so you can specifically start yourself at 200% every time you spawn, you don't have to use Fox's lasers.

From what I've seen, Lucario's boost in power really isn't all that significant

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Lucario's boosted power caps out at 200%

Also, the match options in Brawl multiplayer allow you to set the % each opponent starts at, so you can specifically start yourself at 200% every time you spawn, you don't have to use Fox's lasers.

From what I've seen, Lucario's boost in power really isn't all that significant

Well I read somewhere from someone who has Brawl that it is double the damage, double the knockback (at 200%, which is max) if I remember correctly.

It was something like

{100% - 1.25X}, {125% - 1.5X}, {150% - 1.75X}, {200% - 2X}

So if you do survive to 200% it IS significant.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Tested this for you guys, Lucario's damage buff does end at 200%. 999% has no different effect.

オビ (Obi)

Smash Cadet
Yep. I also try it with some friends and no, having 999% does NOT makes him insanely powerful. 200% is the peak. But still, getting to 200% is hard and you'll probably be kill before reaching that amount. :ohwell:

Top Bottom