• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Freind Mains Zelda

crewster

Smash Lord
My freind mains Zelda (not Sheik) and I main Cap'n falcon/Toon Link. Well both those charecters (in my eyes) do terebly against Zelda so if you could tell me who is best against Zelda, that would be nice.:)
Thanx:)

EDIT: He now uses Sheik (he is not V good with Sheik) since I started beating him. Also I dont want charecters that cam beat Zelda/Sheik I want tactics, I have a tactic that worked it was by SinkingHigher (thanx by the way) but if u could give me a tactic against Sheik that would be great.:) But he still prodominatly mains Zelda.

EDIT: Now my freind has a account on smash boards. His name is Jetstar.

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
Does your friend not use Sheik at all or just not against you with those two characters? Marth seems like an obvious answer but Ike could cause problems if he can use Sheik too.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Sorry sir, by default i must side with the Zelda user. I shall now recommend you try to counter Zelda with Sonic

crewster

Smash Lord
Does your friend not use Sheik at all or just not against you with those two characters? Marth seems like an obvious answer but Ike could cause problems if he can use Sheik too.
he dosn't like sheik he thinks she's "bad"
EDIT: he now thinks sheik is ok

RedSnowman

Smash Apprentice
Luigi has a lot of tools against Zelda and can juggle her like a mofo if he's good. Ike outranges Zelda and Marth also wins the air game like Luigi. Those are tougher matchups for her.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Play whoever you want against him. You shouldn't have to change mains just for one friend, and if you do, it means that the new character won't help you much either (when your friend learns how to beat your new character).

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Of the two you main, I think you'll have better luck with Tink.

Use his quick projectiles to interupt her Dins and smashes. Be careful of reflectors. Use projectiles either really close or really far, not in the middle.

Zelda has a horrible recovery from above. Try to get yourself under Zelda. That's her weakspot.

Don't d-air. Ever. Very easy to counter or sheildgrab. Up-B is also useless for attacks. Use all the projectiles at your disposal ONLY if you see an opening. Wait for one of Zelda's laggish moves (U-smash, Farore's Wind, F-smash, Din) if you're too far to come in for an attack. Her range is somewhat limited, so spacing around her should help. Beware of Dins though. Just make sure you know how to dodge them. With little practice they are easily avoided. That's not to say you will never get hit. Do not approach Zelda from the air if there is a Din in play.

She recovers well from the sides of the stage. FW can be gimped. Chances are your friend does not use the love jump to recover. Zelda is hard to maneouver from below the stage, so do what you can to keep her there.

So basically, in terms of your spacing:

Keep out of reach.
Do not go above.
Attack from below.
Get her under the stage.
Gimp recoveries.

I probably missed little tid-bits, but this should tide you over.

crewster

Smash Lord
if you want him to expand his worldview, be ike
He won't use sheik, my other freind mains Ike and He can't beat him,usaly but he dose beat him sometimes and he dosen't bother to change charecter so if I use Ike it wont make a difference.
Edit: he now uses sheik

crewster

Smash Lord
Play whoever you want against him. You shouldn't have to change mains just for one friend, and if you do, it means that the new character won't help you much either (when your friend learns how to beat your new character).
The thing is that if I start beating him he will think that I've got better and got a main thats better than toon link

crewster

Smash Lord
Of the two you main, I think you'll have better luck with Tink.

Use his quick projectiles to interupt her Dins and smashes. Be careful of reflectors. Use projectiles either really close or really far, not in the middle.

Zelda has a horrible recovery from above. Try to get yourself under Zelda. That's her weakspot.

Don't d-air. Ever. Very easy to counter or sheildgrab. Up-B is also useless for attacks. Use all the projectiles at your disposal ONLY if you see an opening. Wait for one of Zelda's laggish moves (U-smash, Farore's Wind, F-smash, Din) if you're too far to come in for an attack. Her range is somewhat limited, so spacing around her should help. Beware of Dins though. Just make sure you know how to dodge them. With little practice they are easily avoided. That's not to say you will never get hit. Do not approach Zelda from the air if there is a Din in play.

She recovers well from the sides of the stage. FW can be gimped. Chances are your friend does not use the love jump to recover. Zelda is hard to maneouver from below the stage, so do what you can to keep her there.

So basically, in terms of your spacing:

Keep out of reach.
Do not go above.
Attack from below.
Get her under the stage.
Gimp recoveries.

I probably missed little tid-bits, but this should tide you over.
I leaned that because I am known for my D-air suicides
He spams din alot

Gothic Zelda

Smash Apprentice
lol noob, Zelda is the bets...Black costume Zelda is D:

And anyone's best bet with Zelda it to hog the edge. She'll have to go for the stage and you can exploit the lag for a quick smash or tilt. Don't hang on it too long though because if you lose your frames you can be hit by her reappearance and you MIGHT be stage spiked.

RoboticTuna

Smash Cadet
If he's spamming dins try to get as good as possible at dodging it one way or another, it's not too hard and Din's is Zelda's only projectile.

Ike would seem like a solid choice as he hits at least as hard as Zelda, is heaver ( I think) and generally can whack her around with his own powerful melee moves.

Top Bottom