• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My first offline tournament and my thoughts

ADHD

Smash Hero
I got 13 out of 71 and was taken out by atomsk and snakeee >_<

I beat pride's yoshi, kai, dmbrandon and some other ppls, I friendly NL but it was massively stupid, he knows it

My worst matchup is dedede lol Game and watch isn't even a problem anymore, if anyone has a diddy vid of them beating a good dedede that'd be awesome... diddy is so much better offline but I still love wifi and I hope to attend another tournament next time possibly in new york.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197521

Swift Fokkusu

Smash Rookie
You can set up item condition at high for Smash Balls only, use Marth, then start the game. If you caught Smash Ball with Marth, when you've hit your enemies, you wins. The end.

Vengeful

Smash Cadet
You can set up item condition at high for Smash Balls only, use Marth, then start the game. If you caught Smash Ball with Marth, when you've hit your enemies, you wins. The end.
Wow I never thought of that! Listen to this guy, just tell the tourney organizers that you are playing with smash balls on, I'm sure they wouldn't mind. (/sarcasm) but on a more serious note, if you have no practice against G&W play some good ones that live near you if possible. I don't know anything about the Diddy / G&W matchup really so I can't help you too much. If Diddy is at a huge disadvantage (which I don't think he is) then I would suggest picking up a secondary and start practicing.

Luigi player

Smash Master
GaW is really annoying for Diddy. It's really hard to approach and he probably always jumps around so you can't come near him or throw bananas.

You probably have to time the bananas right to hit him, and maybe try to play defensive, because you have projectiles, and he has to come near you. I think most GaW just spam the turtle and try to play defensive, so just do that too and glide toss backwards and such.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Place your bananas close so he doesnt take him. He has a nice Glide toss from what I remember. Glide toss up sometimes to trick him since he likes being in the air. And never fall for his Fsmashes they kill at like 80% which is dangerous. Grab alot and only Fsmash at like 100sh%. Single dribble a lot too since it is easier offline.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
hey vengefull u fron ontario ^_^ go to niagara tourny.

g and w shuld be easy, in terms of priority nana> bair and if he is gunna spam it just keep nana in hand rdy to throw.
ul rock em dude,

IDK

Smash Lord
you're kidding... right? chrome... i mean... be confident... but don't expect to win your first tourney. it really helps you get better and realize your position in comparison to other skill levels though... and the more you go the better you get. the best players go almost every week to 2 weeks. i'll note that not all of them do... but there is not one great player who has not been to a tourney and could go there and win the whole thing. on another note, you need secondaries bad. pick some that make up for diddy's weaknesses. (falco/olimar/weegee/...DK?) it's gonna make me sound lame... but i've had marth for a while... snake a little less... and MK just recently picked up. i can kind of play just about any character but you know how it is. some aren't very fun anyway and those 4 are just...well... my best 4.

Xionix

Smash Journeyman
gj on your first tourny chromepirate, gives a lot of hope me me since i havent played in one yet. maybe ill be able to go to the next one, was just too busy with exams this week. until then maybe ill go practice with MOB.

IDK

Smash Lord
i dont main him... and i know what you mean. i only play him against other MKs sometimes. gj at the tourney chrome. a lot better than my 1st. for d3 vs diddy vids try the ketubato japanese tourney vids with gano's diddy.

DUB

Smash Lord
How many other Diddy players were at the tourney Chrome? I'm the only one at the bi-weekly I usually go to.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Yea really good job man. I thought you were just some average player, but you've proven me wrong.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Nice work, I just went to a tourney last sunday which was my first. Out of like 25 people I got 7th or 8th

Top Bottom