• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Falcon

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I'm loving the falcon, man. Good stuff. Nice Knee and all that.
Only, the snake didn't seem on par, skill-wise.
Still, an entertaining vid.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Pretty good. I like your use of the Nair. I wish the Snake player shielded and airdodged more because then we'd see more of how the real Falcon is (not the super aggressive one that is shown in this video against someone who never shields, grabs or airdodges). Your first kill on him was a nice knee and a perfect example of the new way you have to use it. To catch people off-guard with it. I find myself dying too often in the same way you did in the video; just stupid overaggression in the edgeguarding. I find that cautious, smart play works a lot better for the most part but having the ability to change the pace up and get aggressive at times is a great plus to Falcon that most other characters don't have. Very versatile in that regard I think.

There was something else I wanted to say about the video but I forgot what it was. Anyways overall nice match even though it was lop-sided. Post more when you get the chance. You're also inspired me to get to work on getting some of my videos up as well.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
You need to face a real Snake.....haha.....but I'm not gonna lie that was a **** good knee. Just the way it came out a split second before you landed from your aerial stun, pretty sweet.

falconbeef

Smash Rookie
Pretty good. I like your use of the Nair. I wish the Snake player shielded and airdodged more because then we'd see more of how the real Falcon is (not the super aggressive one that is shown in this video against someone who never shields, grabs or airdodges). Your first kill on him was a nice knee and a perfect example of the new way you have to use it. To catch people off-guard with it. I find myself dying too often in the same way you did in the video; just stupid overaggression in the edgeguarding. I find that cautious, smart play works a lot better for the most part but having the ability to change the pace up and get aggressive at times is a great plus to Falcon that most other characters don't have. Very versatile in that regard I think.

There was something else I wanted to say about the video but I forgot what it was. Anyways overall nice match even though it was lop-sided. Post more when you get the chance. You're also inspired me to get to work on getting some of my videos up as well.
I plan to post more videos once I can improve their quality a bit and ya my cousin is usually alot better than this but you know how it is sometimes you just have those flubbed matches

ALSO, I change my playing style depending on chars I face, on small chars I tend to space alot more and be more patient since Neutral air isnt as approachable. My playing style changes alot depending on the char I face.

Sasurai_no_Hiroshi

Smash Rookie
You sure had some good knees in there! They were epic! When I saw them, I was like, 'WOOOOAAHHH! KNEE'D! Yeah baby! Whoo!' lol
I wish I could pull off some of those knees on Snakes. I used to think Snakes were easy cakes (hey that rhymed), but ever since I fought my friend Mr. X, ooooh maaan.... His Snake was unbelievable. Ever since then, I'm scared of Snakes.

theTofuG0d

Smash Cadet
Nice yo. Liked how you used Nairs an dthat first knee was...yeahh, lovely. Is that a footstool at 0:33 loll?

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Ya I was going for a sexy footstool knee, but i didnt time it right :p
SH-Footstool -> Falcon Kick is a beast combo-ish tactic. Easier than the knee and I think it's also impossible to dodge once you do the SH-Footstool. Of course the SH-Footstool can be shielded but if they don't and you get it they are gonna get a hurting.

Scar

#HarveyDent
What is a footstool>knee? Doesn't footstool jumping send you upward? I'm guessing there is a way to cancel that out, but someone explain. Sounds pretty sexy.

falconbeef

Smash Rookie
What is a footstool>knee? Doesn't footstool jumping send you upward? I'm guessing there is a way to cancel that out, but someone explain. Sounds pretty sexy.
From what I have experienced there is a way to short hop it. It doesnt always send a person that high, ive pulled of a few footstool knees on friends. Im still experimenting with it though.

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
From what I have experienced there is a way to short hop it. It doesnt always send a person that high, ive pulled of a few footstool knees on friends. Im still experimenting with it though.
Once you get it down, be sure to let us know, that sounds awesome. x.x

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Yeah the Footstool -> Knee combo is definitely a legit one. It just is hard to get the SH to SH Footstool timing down consistently (for me at least). After you've pulled off the SH Footstool it's really quite easy to punish your opponents in whatever way you'd like. The trick is just consistently nailing both SHs.

Top Bottom