• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Design for "PlayStation All-Stars Stadium"

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I did actually cut them recently. Like I said, my roster has changed but I don’t have time to redo the whole presentation.
It's not directed at you as much as for others who keep asking for Spider-Man, Goku, Batman, etc. for either Playstation Allstars or Smash Bros.

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
Any thoughts on my 3rd party list?

Yes that's true I'm trying to be realistic with my choices here. Also while the the latter is true it's also important to note out that Superbot asked for both but Kojima only Raiden because he did not want to see the two fight each-other.

As for characters like Batman and Spider-Man, usually I was really against characters like that but with the recent success of Spider-Man PS4 and how it's become the most successful Sony first party game ever I think Spider-Man actually deserves his spot in here. He's the exception to the rule.

It's not like casuals would be angry over his inclusion either since he's Spider-Man. Plus his gameplay would be awesome using all the gagdets from the PS4 game in combat would be dope.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yes that's true I'm trying to be realistic with my choices here. Also while the the latter is true it's also important to note out that Superbot asked for both but Kojima only Raiden because he did not want to see the two fight each-other.

As for characters like Batman and Spider-Man, usually I was really against characters like that but with the recent success of Spider-Man PS4 and how it's become the most successful Sony first party game ever I think Spider-Man actually deserves his spot in here. He's the exception to the rule.

It's not like casuals would be angry over his inclusion either since he's Spider-Man. Plus his gameplay would be awesome using all the gagdets from the PS4 game in combat would be dope.
I have never heard that Kojima quote. And I truly doubt it matters now.

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
I have never heard that Kojima quote. And I truly doubt it matters now.

Well yes of course it doesn't matter now lol it's been like 7 years.

Given the fact that Kojima is working with Sony for Death Stranding and the bad blood between Kojima and Konami is still alive I doubt we'll get Metal Gear anything in a hypothetical PSAS2 if we're also getting Death Stranding stuff as well.

In a perfect world this wouldn't matter but we live in a world without PSAS2 yet, so this world aint perfect.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well yes of course it doesn't matter now lol it's been like 7 years.

Given the fact that Kojima is working with Sony for Death Stranding and the bad blood between Kojima and Konami is still alive I doubt we'll get Metal Gear anything in a hypothetical PSAS2 if we're also getting Death Stranding stuff as well.

In a perfect world this wouldn't matter but we live in a world without PSAS2 yet, so this world aint perfect.
If Konami truly has that kind of a grudge against Kojima than they are a bad company.

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
If Konami truly has that kind of a grudge against Kojima than they are a bad company.
They'll just make another Smash Clone like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb4NTI9BR1Y

Speaking of other Konami characters that would be awesome in a perfect world. Silent Hill's Pyramid Head would be a great choice. Another heavy character but also a villain and reps survival horror. Alucard would also be welcome considering SotN is considered one of the best PS1 games of all time.

Also P.S. that Big Shell stage in Dream Mix is awesome and I'd love it if PSAS2 got a Big Shell stage.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Silent Hill's Pyramid Head would be a great choice. Another heavy character but also a villain and reps survival horror.
Depends on how they handle him, if he’s as slow as he is in the games, he’d be pretty unplayable, if we made him into a some badass warrior like the movies, it’d suck all the meaning out of him.

At the very least I can see him appearing on a Silent Hill stage basically taking on the same role as the Ultimate Chimera in New Pork City.

100% agree on Alucard though.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Depends on how they handle him, if he’s as slow as he is in the games, he’d be pretty unplayable, if we made him into a some badass warrior like the movies, it’d suck all the meaning out of him.

At the very least I can see him appearing on a Silent Hill stage basically taking on the same role as the Ultimate Chimera in New Pork City.

100% agree on Alucard though.
They can totally do pyramidhead well. He doesn’t have to be as slow as he is in the game, just proportionally slow compared to the rest of the cast.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Read the initial post. Tir McDohl is already in the project plan.
Your opening post is REALLY huge. It's easy to overlook something like that. But it's good to know that you mentioned it.

Any thoughts on my 3rd party list?
It's not bad overall. You got the most obvious choices but personally, I still prefer Cloud as the Final Fantasy rep.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Good News!

Sony's State of Play just happened and it was pretty good! They even showed trailers for MediEvil and Final Fantasy Remake!

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
But nothing on a new PlayStation All-Stars.

Oh well. Guess we'll have to wait and see how it turns out in Dreams.

Last edited:

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
Sony isn't going to E3 this year so that's not happening.

At this point I'd rather it be a PS5 game. Would be a perfect launch window game for the system.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Sony won't be on stage or anything but they will have news/announcements during E3 like Nintendo.

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
The only thing that could happen is another State of Play late this month and even that isn't likely. Don't expect anything at E3, Sony will have their own event later this year (PSX probably), with a proper next generation console reveal.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Alucard would be a good rival for Dante.

Also, I wonder how Dracula's Castle would look in this game. Maybe something similar to how it was in DreamMix TV World Fighters?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You think so? I never thought it would be that many.
Aside from Noctis (potentially Cloud) and 2B, what other SE characters were thrown out here?
I’ve been working with Cloud, Sephiroth, Zidane, Noctis, Lara Croft, Gex, 2B, and Brave Fencer Musashi. I’ve already racked up a huge Square bill.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Those are some obvious choices. Of course they should be in the game.

I also think fans would love to see Kain in the game. Legacy of Kain was pretty popular among the PlayStation fanbase, so I'm sure he's been on many people's wishlist.

And, of course, my personal SE pick would be Fei from Xenogears.

Last edited:

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
I've heard more requests for Raziel than Kain. I think he would be a better fit since Soul Reaver is the most beloved in the series.

As for the main Square reps, yeah I generally agree that Cloud, Lara Croft, and 2B were be the three to start with,

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
So, let's talk about possible Capcom reps then.

- Dante (Devil May Cry)
- Nemesis (Resident Evil)
- Tron Bonne (Mega Man Legends)

These I think have high chances of appearing.

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
Yeah I agree with Dante and Nemesis. Seeing DMCV Dante would be hype and Nemesis is my pick for a RE rep.

As for a third Capcom character, I can see Tron Bonne. She'd actually be really cool the more I think about it. if not her, maybe Akuma or Chun-Li? Street Fighter is the only other Capcom franchise that makes sense for a rep in a PS crossover.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I just had an interesting realization; didn't the voice actor for Heihachi pass away?

Heihachi might not return to Playstation Allstars. Maybe Jin or Kazuya could be a better replacement?

I think for Namco reps it could be:

- Jin or Kazuya (Tekken)
- Klonoa (Klonoa)
- KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
- Prince of All Cosmos (Katamari Damacy)

Maybe there are more options but I'll leave these for now.

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
For Namco I Sri feel like Heihachi should be the Tekken rep. He's the most iconic in the series and personally he's my choice of a character in that franchise.

For other Namco reps I'd go with..
Klonoa - Klonoa
King of the Cosmos (or Prince) - Katamari

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I've heard more requests for Raziel than Kain. I think he would be a better fit since Soul Reaver is the most beloved in the series.

As for the main Square reps, yeah I generally agree that Cloud, Lara Croft, and 2B were be the three to start with,
Might as well have both of them then. I can't picture fans being okay with having Raziel without Kain.

So, let's talk about possible Capcom reps then.

- Dante (Devil May Cry)
- Nemesis (Resident Evil)
- Tron Bonne (Mega Man Legends)

These I think have high chances of appearing.
We already have Dante, who just simply needs to be changed.

For new reps, I pick Ryu, Akuma, Leon, Nemesis, and Mega Man Volnutt.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
But I think you should give Dreams a try. With all these ideas you have, you can at least try to make them become a reality.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
From what I've seen; Dreams does seem pretty cool. However, it seems you have to be pretty skilled to recreate pre-existing games and characters.

Top Bottom