• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Design for "PlayStation All-Stars Stadium"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, keep in mind that this is being made in Dreams, where you can make anything you want, including characters. So if there's any characters that you feel are missing, you can always add them to the game yourself. I'm pretty sure somebody will anyway.
Pfff. Like I actually have the talent to do something like that. I’m a designer and producer. Not a developer.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Pfff. Like I actually have the talent to do something like that. I’m a designer and producer. Not a developer.
I heard it's pretty accessible for people who are not experts at these things, so it may not be that hard.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Who knows. Maybe. Probably not.
That's what a lot of people said. Sounds good to me.

I know one thing; I'll definitely be working on my most wanted characters if they don't make it into the game (which I doubt they will) and I never even done any kind of developing or designing.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Since we were talking about this earlier, I remembered that I started on ideas for a roster for this game and thought I’d share what I had so far:

Ape Escape-Spike
Battle Arena Toshinde-Eiji Shinjo
BioShock-Big Daddy, Elizabeth
Bloodborne-The Hunter

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night-Alucard
Crash Bandicoot-Crash Bandicoot, Coco Bandicoot, Dr. Neo Cortex
Dead Space-Isaac Clarke
Devil May Cry V-Dante
Doko Demo Issyo-Toro Inoue
Fat Princess-Fat Princess
God of War-Kratos, Zeus
Gravity Rush-Kat
Heavenly Sword-Nariko
Horizon Zero Dawn-Aloy
Infamous-Cole MacGrath, Delsin Rowe
Jak and Daxter-Jak and Daxter
Jumping Flash-Robbit
Killzone-Colonel Radec
Knack-Knack
The Last of Us-Ellie

LittleBigPlanet-Sackboy
MediEvil-Sir Daniel Fortesque
Metal Gear-Raiden
Nioh-William
Oddworld-Abe
PaRappa the Rapper-Parappa
Ratchet & Clank-Ratchet & Clank, Captain Quark
Rayman-Rayman
Resident Evil-Jill Valentine

Sly Cooper-Sly Cooper, Murphy, Bentley
Spyro the Dragon-Spyro
Syphon Filter-Gabriel Logan

Starhawk-Emmett Graves
Tekken-Heihachi Mishima
Twisted Metal-Sweet Tooth
Uncharted-Nathan Drake
Wild Arms-Rudy Roughnight

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Since we were talking about this earlier, I remembered that I started on ideas for a roster for this game and thought I’d share what I had so far:

Ape Escape-Spike
Battle Arena Toshinde-Eiji Shinjo
BioShock-Big Daddy, Elizabeth
Bloodborne-The Hunter

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night-Alucard
Crash Bandicoot-Crash Bandicoot, Coco Bandicoot, Dr. Neo Cortex
Dead Space-Isaac Clarke
Devil May Cry V-Dante
Doko Demo Issyo-Toro Inoue
Fat Princess-Fat Princess
God of War-Kratos, Zeus
Gravity Rush-Kat

Heavenly Sword-Nariko
Horizon Zero Dawn-Aloy
Infamous-Cole MacGrath, Delsin Rowe
Jak and Daxter-Jak and Daxter
Jumping Flash-Robbit
Killzone-Colonel Radec
Knack-Knack
The Last of Us-Ellie

LittleBigPlanet-Sackboy

MediEvil-Sir Daniel Fortesque
Metal Gear-Raiden

Nioh-William
Oddworld-Abe
PaRappa the Rapper-Parappa
Ratchet & Clank-Ratchet & Clank, Captain Quark
Rayman-Rayman
Resident Evil-Jill Valentine

Sly Cooper-Sly Cooper, Murphy, Bentley

Spyro the Dragon-Spyro
Syphon Filter-Gabriel Logan

Starhawk-Emmett Graves
Tekken-Heihachi Mishima
Twisted Metal-Sweet Tooth
Uncharted-Nathan Drake
Wild Arms-Rudy Roughnight
Not all choices i’d Have made but a solid roster.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Still a work in progress but I tried my best to at least hit the ones I felt would’ve been fun or important as well as ones I thought Sony would add for one reason or another.
I can understand not wanting Cloud and Snake because they're in Smash, but those characters are PlayStation Royalty. You've got to have them.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It’s less “not wanting them” and more “Nintendo probably wouldn’t like characters that they acquired the rights to for their game to also appear in a similar game meant to rival it and likely has deals with Konami and Square Enix to prevent that.”

Raiden’s still there and I wasn’t sure if I should’ve included Noctis or 2B for their appearances in other fighting games.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s less “not wanting them” and more “Nintendo probably wouldn’t like characters that they acquired the rights to for their game to also appear in a similar game meant to rival it and likely has deals with Konami and Square Enix to prevent that.”

Raiden’s still there and I wasn’t sure if I should’ve included Noctis or 2B for their appearances in other fighting games.
Considering Nintendo is kind of (in the nicest of terms) oblivious to the rest of the industry, and due to the fact that Smash clones tend to... not happen...... I very much doubt they care.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Considering Nintendo is kind of (in the nicest of terms) oblivious to the rest of the industry, and due to the fact that Smash clones tend to... not happen...... I very much doubt they care.
If this game were to happen then I bet you they’d definitely care. And insults don’t really help your case.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If this game were to happen then I bet you they’d definitely care. And insults don’t really help your case.
I'm sorry I insulted you. I wasn't trying too. I don't even know what the offending phrase was.

I don't really understand why they would though. It's a third party company that they have no control over doing what they want with their own character. If I were a rights holder and THAT was a stipulation in the contract then I frankly wouldn't sign it.

Granted I don't know exactly what's in the contract (I'd love to take a look at it some day), but that seams kind of unreasonable.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'm sorry I insulted you. I wasn't trying too. I don't even know what the offending phrase was.

I don't really understand why they would though. It's a third party company that they have no control over doing what they want with their own character. If I were a rights holder and THAT was a stipulation in the contract then I frankly wouldn't sign it.

Granted I don't know exactly what's in the contract (I'd love to take a look at it some day), but that seams kind of unreasonable.
I didn’t mean the insults were directed at me moreso just making insults to anyone in general won’t help your arguments.

I’m not entirely sure how to explain it well but at the very least, it would mean they’d likely won’t appear in future Smash titles. I’ll just say for the time being as long as Smash is selling, they’re likely not gonna appear in a similar game.

I mean if something like that wasn’t in affect, then why is Raiden the Metal Gear rep in PAS:BR?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I didn’t mean the insults were directed at me moreso just making insults to anyone in general won’t help your arguments.

I’m not entirely sure how to explain it well but at the very least, it would mean they’d likely won’t appear in future Smash titles. I’ll just say for the time being as long as Smash is selling, they’re likely not gonna appear in a similar game.

I mean if something like that wasn’t in affect, then why is Raiden the Metal Gear rep in PAS:BR?
Raiden was the MGS rep then because Rising was new and Konami wanted to push it. Same story for using DmC Dante instead of classic.

Besides, I'm kind of certain those two will be first on the chopping block the second Smash drops the "Everyone is Here" gimmick in the next title (no way that can keep that up forever)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Raiden was the MGS rep then because Rising was new and Konami wanted to push it. Same story for using DmC Dante instead of classic.

Besides, I'm kind of certain those two will be first on the chopping block the second Smash drops the "Everyone is Here" gimmick in the next title (no way that can keep that up forever)
Fine, on me for getting those release dates mixed up. Thought Revengence came out years before.

We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it, but for now I’ll keep those two of my current list and work with what I got.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I really hope that if we get PSA 2; both God of War trilogy Kratos and God of War 4 Kratos/Atreus get in.

Maybe even Baldur!

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord

Nintendo doesn't own those characters and there was never said to be some kind of exclusive deal with those characters, so I don't think that would be an issue. Besides, it's much better to talk about what characters you personally want or think should be in the game. Whether or not they have a chance of making it into the game is a whole different discussion.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Do you guys think there's a way to keep Classic Kratos and have a new Kratos based of God of Four without doing it like Link? Like, could we give his classic moveset to Deimos or something?

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I prefer it was like Link; having two different versions.

Though personally, I'd rather just have the current Kratos and have the Greek look as an alternate costume.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Decided to add a few more characters to my roster since PS All-Stars was brought up briefly earlier.

Gex-Gex
Roscoe McQueen Firefighter Extreme-Roscoe McQueen
Tearaway-Iota/Atoi

Tomb Raider-Lara Croft
Um Jammer Lammy-Lammy

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Decided to add a few more characters to my roster since PS All-Stars was brought up briefly earlier.

Gex-Gex
Roscoe McQueen Firefighter Extreme-Roscoe McQueen
Tearaway-Iota/Atoi

Tomb Raider-Lara Croft
Um Jammer Lammy-Lammy
I gotta look up Roscoe McQueen but yeah, characters like Iota/Atoi, Lara Croft, and Lammy are must-haves. Gex is a pretty good character too.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I guess Kratos could have a :ultmario:/:ultdoc: situation? I don’t think it’d be too much of a stretch.
I know, I just.... it complicates the rivalry system IMO. Like, I have this really cool scene in mind where Old Kratos meets Sweet Tooth again and the encounter is way more personal because Needles threatens to kill Atreus and in my head it's super thematic and dramatic. But I don't feel like I can do that If I have two Kratos's.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
So you want the Greek Kratos from the previous games but still want him paired of Atreus from the recent game? Yeah, that's...complicated. It's probably better to just simply have the Greek version as an alternate costume for Kratos.

And if it's the moveset that you're concern about, I don't think Norse Kratos's moveset would be that much different from the Greek version.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I know, I just.... it complicates the rivalry system IMO. Like, I have this really cool scene in mind where Old Kratos meets Sweet Tooth again and the encounter is way more personal because Needles threatens to kill Atreus and in my head it's super thematic and dramatic. But I don't feel like I can do that If I have two Kratos's.
Cole and Evil Cole say hi.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So you want the Greek Kratos from the previous games but still want him paired of Atreus from the recent game? Yeah, that's...complicated. It's probably better to just simply have the Greek version as an alternate costume for Kratos.

And if it's the moveset that you're concern about, I don't Norse Kratos's moveset would be that much different from the Greek version.
He uses a completly different main weapon, and completely different sub-weapons.

The idea was that he was Norse Kratos, then hits his down special and pulls out his chain blades and "remembers" how to summon all his old Greek Weapons. But that would be a REALLY complex character to design.

Cole and Evil Cole say hi.
I merged them together too! I did it like Sheik and Zelda where they have a down special Karma Swap.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
He uses a completly different main weapon, and completely different sub-weapons.

The idea was that he was Norse Kratos, then hits his down special and pulls out his chain blades and "remembers" how to summon all his old Greek Weapons. But that would be a REALLY complex character to design.
The thing is, Kratos still uses the Blades of Chaos in GOW4, so any attack that involves that can still be used in his moveset.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Right. I know that. But he can't have his bow of apollo or icarus wings or nemian cestas or blade of olympus or any of that super-cool weaponry.
I'm pretty sure there are other abilities he has that can make up for it. That axe could be his new projectile, for example.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Maybe the Blade of Olympus could be an item? Anybody who picks it up can not only can use it but also grow in size (similar to picking up a Mushroom in Smash).

How about a Suikoden rep? Like the main character either from the first game or the second?

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
Just posted in another thread and didn't even know there was another PSAS2 thread. Awesome!

I'll read through the whole thread to catch up.

I could go on and on about what characters I think should be in in the game for various reasons. I would probably be here all day honestly. I think I'll just start with some 3rd party characters I think should be in the game. The list isn't final and it's a collection of both personal wants and characters I think deserve to be in. And for this list I'm going to pretend that PSAS2 steals the echo idea cause why the hell not.

Crash Bandicoot
-
Crash
- Coco (Echo)
- Dr. Neo Cortex

Now I don't think you really NEED to have Cortex in at launch since I think having Crash alone is just fine enough. But I know fans would love to see it and it would not hurt to have more villains. Fake Crash could also be a costume alt for Crash too.

Spyro the Dragon
-
Spyro

For now I'm just putting Spyro on here since I think having him being the sole Spyro rep is good enough. I played the first 2 games of the remastered trilogy (haven't gotten to the 3rd yet) but I'm having trouble thinking of another rep for the franchise. I think fans would want a character from the OG trilogy too, so maybe Ripto?

Oddworld
- Abe

He was planned as DLC for the original game but was cut alongside Dart and the Gravity Rush x Journey stage. I think he's earned and deserved his place in the game, as he represents the classic PS1 era and was so close to making it in the original (but we got Zeus and Isaac instead).

Nier: Automata
- 2B
- A2 (Echo)?

Still on the fence about including A2, but I think 2B would be awesome for this game. Nier was a console exclusive on the PS4 for years and is one of the 3rd party characters from this era that I have seen most requested for a hypothetical PSAS2. Her inclusion would be more appealing and satisying than when Isaac was announced to be joining the original PSAS.

Tomb Raider
- Lara Croft

PS1 icon. I don't think anyone would really argue against her inclusion.

Tomba!
- Tomba

Was also planned as DLC for the original and another retro PS1 character. Cult classic character as well that people want to see return.

Final Fantasy
- Sephiroth

Cloud being in Smash really complicated things lol. Just like how Snake wasn't in PSAS but Raiden was I wouldn't be surprised if a similar situation happened. I think Sephiroth would be a good compromise. Of course I'd rather have Cloud (or both lol) but Sephiroth still reps FFVII. You could add a bunch of other FF characters but VII is the one most associated with PlayStation. He's also another villain rep.

ORIGINAL PSAS 3RD PARTIES
- Heihachi
- Dante
- Raiden

Dante gets revamped to his DMCV incarnation. Raiden can stay Revengeance or be his MGS2 form I don't really mind. All these characters made sense to be in a PS crossover but people weren't too pleased with Dante using his DmC design. I don't hate Big Daddy or Isaac but their inclusions stuck out like sore thumbs because their franchise while playable on PS platforms are more considered to be general multiplatform franchises. No one really associates their games or characters with PS like people do with Crash, Spyro, Dante, Heihachi etc.

Buttermations

Smash Rookie
OK. I think It's time I disclose the DLC characters I chose. Not gonna explain gameplay this time because I don't want to, so I'll just list them.

1. Jade (Beyond Good and Evil)
  2. Sam (Death Stranding)
  3. Sir Galahad (The Order: 1886)
  4. Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher)
  5. Stranger (Oddworld)
  6. Rudy Roughknight (Wild Arms)
  7. Tomba
  8. Rau Utu (The Mark of Kri)
  9. Robbit (Jumping Flash)
  10. 2B (Nier: Automata)
  11. Nightmare (SoulCalibur)
  12. Shao Kahn (Mortal Kombat)
  13. William Adams (Nioh)
  14. Musashi (Brave Fencer Musashi)
  15. The Heavy (Team Fortress 2)
  16. Zarya (Overwatch)
  17. Batman (Batman: Arkham)
  18. Spider-Man (Spider-Man PS4)
  19. Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles)
  20. Demi-Feind (Shin Megami Tensei)
Now THAT'S a lotta DLC!

Top Bottom