• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Brawl *New* NEWCOMER ALERT!

SSBB

Smash Cadet
I am proposing merely what Brawl should of had in it. Each night I reveal a bit of information just like our friend Sakurai did. Remember, these are my opinions, please be friendly towards them :)

20/03/08 - The First Four!
1) Mario

With his familiar red cap and blue overalls, how could we not put Mr. Nintendo in the GREATEST GAME EVER? The only change to this mustachioed master is his new Down B attack. Instead of spinning in a tornado fashion, Mario will pull out his FLUDD and blast the opponent over the edge. You’ll have top charge this attack up to use it to its potential though. Don’t worry about his old attack though, we’ve thought of a use for that too! Oh, I forgot to mention, we’ve also made a few changes to Mario’s jumping ability. After using his Super Jump Punch (Up B) Mario will pull out his Super Wing Cap and be able to glide momentarily. Overall Mario is an easy to use character with all rounded stats.

Standard Special Move: Fireball
Side Special Move: Cape
Up Special Move: Super Jump Punch
Down Special Move: F.L.U.D.D.

Power: 5
Weight: 5
Speed: 5
Recovery: 7
Overall: 6

2) Link

Who’s that pointy eared, green hat wearing hero? It’s none other than Link, from The Legend of Zelda. This character is useful both up close and from a distance. We’ve had to make a couple of changes, to fit in with his Twilight Princess persona. Now, instead of having a normal Boomerang which hits twice, Link uses the Gale Boomerang. This will pull enemies towards you! Useful huh? Link now defends with his shield! You’ll have to aim it in the right direction, but once you do it won’t break, unless hit by an extremely strong attack. This makes Link one of the best defensive characters and makes up for his recovery technique.

Standard Special Move: Gale Boomerang
Side Special Move: Heroes Bow
Up Special Move: Spin Attack
Down Special Move: Barnes’ Bomb

Power: 7
Weight: 6
Speed: 3
Recovery: 4

3) Pikachu

Pikachu is everyone’s favourite lovable electric rat (What? It’s a mouse!). Those sacs on his cheeks are filled with electricity and he’s just waiting to shock someone! Pikachu is one of the fastest characters in the game. He may not compare to another speedy rodent, but it’s still nothing to be laughed at. The only change that has been made to this furry Pokémon is the ability to charge is Side Smash attack. The longer you hold down the attack button, the further it will reach!

Standard Special Move: Thundershock
Side Special Move: Skull Bash
Up Special Move: Quick Attack
Down Special Move: Thunderbolt

Weight: 2
Speed: 8
Recovery: 8
Overall: 7

4) Kirby

Kirby is the savior of Dream Land! He (I think it’s a he) has stopped the pompous King Dedede many times and is viewed as a bit of a celebrity in his homeland. Kirby has one of the best jumping abilities in the game. Most characters can only jump twice, but Kirby can jump a total of six times! Even if you can’t make it back to the stage after that, he still has his Final Cutter ability to use. Kirby is one of those characters that you have to give a good whack to in order to get rid of them. Remember Kirby players, is you’re lacking in the moves department, you could just suck up your opponent and steal their move! As a final word, I’d like to share a fact I learnt today. Kirby is, in fact, designed off a mole. I wasn’t told whether this was the blind digger mole or the ugly brown (possibly red and cancer infected) mole. The more you know!

Standard Special Move: Inhale
Side Special Move: Hammer
Up Special Move: Final Cutter
Down Special Move: Stone

Weight: 3
Speed: 6
Recovery: 9
Overall: 7

21/03/08 - The Remaining Originals!
5) Samus

I remember the good old days when my brother and I used to play SSB64… We were completely oblivious to the fact that Samus was a woman (and what a woman!). How often do you come across female bounty hunters? This time around Samus is packing heat. Instead of the two different missiles which you may have come accustomed to in SSBM, Samus now has just one type. The thing is though, after shooting the missile, if you click any of you four taunts, the missile will change from a power missile to a heat seeking one. Of course, this comes at a price. The heat seeking missiles do pack a bit less of a wallop, but they’re still strong. Also, Samus now as an alter ego! Zero Suit Samus is what you come across after Samus experiences a surge of power! Zero Suit Samus is much lighter and more agile than normal Samus, but is lacking in the strength department.

Standard Special Move: Charge Shot
Side Special Move: Missile
Up Special Move: Screw Attack
Down Special Move: Bomb

Power: 7/4
Weight: 7/4
Speed: 4/7
Recovery: 5/5
Overall: 6/5

6) Fox

Fox McCloud is one of those speedy quick characters who are a bit on the light side. But fair not, Fox’s ability to dish out quick powerful attacks pit him as one of the best Smash characters! In Brawl we’ve decided to update his costume a bit. Look at those shiny red boots! What texture! Fox’s moves have remained mostly the same, the only change is that his Blaster fires quicker shots, but have less of a stunning effect. It seems as though he has donated his old Blaster to someone else…

Standard Special Move: Blaster
Side Special Move: Fox Illusion
Up Special Move: Fire Fox
Down Special Move: Shine

Power: 6
Weight: 3
Speed: 7
Overall: 7.5

7) Donkey Kong

One of the things that sets Donkey Kong apart from the other animal characters is his formal dress. When was the last time you saw a monkey wearing a tie? That’s what I thought… Donkey Kong is a slow powerful character with the ability to easily KO an unsuspecting enemy. His Head butt ability knocks opponents into the ground where they are momentarily stuck. DK’s new Up Air attack will launch him skyward whilst pulling the enemy down. It can be used as a way of recovering is you ever get stuck! And remember what we always say kids! You must recover!!! (I’m sorry; I had to put that in there)

Standard Special Move: Giant Punch
Side Special Move: Head Butt
Up Special Move: Spinning Kong
Down Special Move: Hand Slap

Power: 9
Weight: 9
Speed: 2
Recovery: 6

8) Yoshi

What’s that green dinosaur doing over there? It’s laying an egg. That’s Yoshi’s special ability, if anyone gets too close he’ll turn you into an egg (Yes that’s right, he) While you’re in egg form you can’t escape the onslaught of attacks from the fire breathing dragon. Also, if you’re unlucky enough to fall off an edge while you’re an egg, you might as well say your prayers; you’re not going to be able to get back up. Yoshi is one of the few characters to not have a ‘real’ recovery move and thus it can be easy to knock Yoshi out of his long jump and to his death. NO changes have been made to Yoshi, except for the fact that he now has an extra burden to bear, but I’ll tell you about that later.

Standard Special Move: Egg Lay
Side Special Move: Egg Roll
Up Special Move: Egg Throw
Down Special Move: Yoshi Bomb

Weight: 7
Speed: 6
Overall: 5

21/03/08 - Two Contrasting Characters
9) Pit

That’s right; it’s the one and only Kid Icarus! See those wings on his back, using those he can glide, much like Mario but for a much longer period of time. Pit’s signature move is his bow donated to him from the great goddess Palutena. He can use it as a pair of blades. Or he can connect them together to shoot off controllable arrows. The enemy won’t be able to hide! The great thing about Pit is that it’s almost impossible to just knock him off the stage. With ability to jump three times and then use his special Wings of Icarus, he’ll be one character you need to blast to the stars!

Standard Special Move: Palutena’s Arrow
Side Special Move: Angel Ring
Up Special Move: Wings of Icarus
Down Special Move: Mirror Shield

Weight: 4
Speed: 7
Recovery: 10
Overall: 8

10) Wario

Finally, the dark side of Mario joins the Brawl! It’s Wario, the gasbag from those Warioware games. Wario is quite heavy, but even that isn’t enough to stop him from shooting high into the sky after charging an atomic fart attack! The longer you go without using this attack, the more damage it does and the further Wario will go. It can be a great recovery move if used correctly. Wario’s signature move is his Side B, which causes him to dash across the battlefield whilst pumping his fists. This move comes straight out of the original Wario World games.

Standard Special Move: Chomp
Side Special Move: Fist Pummel
Up Special Move: Wario Waft
Down Special Move: Wario Bike

Power: 8
Weight: 8
Recovery: 5
Overall: 6.5

21/03/08 - Newcomer Alert!
11) Marill

Who’s that Pokémon? It’s Marill, the Aqua Mouse! Many people remember Marill from the Pre Gold and Silver days as Pikablu, the blue Pikachu. We couldn’t create a Nintendo game without a representative from each Pokémon generation, so we figured that Marill was the prime Generation Two Pokémon. Marill has fairly average stats all round. One of her main attacking moves is Roll Out which causes her to quickly roll along the stage, slowly gathering speed and power. But wait, I thought Roll Out belonged to someone else? We’ll have to see about that won’t we? Marill’s Bubble attack causes the enemy to be caught in a slow moving bubble, this leaves them open for attack!

Standard Special Move: Bubble
Side Special Move: Rollout
Up Special Move: Whirlpool
Down Special Move: Aqua Jet

Prepare yourself for new bits of information every day or two! This is My Brawl, are you ready for it?

http://imageshack.us

Note: This will be updated after every few character updates

Comments? Opinion? Feedback? All is welcome.

D

Deleted member

58 chars?
Nice.

This is more exciting than the DOJO... okay, not really but does look fun.

SSBB

Smash Cadet
I'm regurgitating ideas. Helps clear my head, and gives you guys something to read (if you want).

Colino

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrColino
1) what's this things use?
2) do you think you're giving us any information at all?
3) are you aware that no one cares and you're waisting your effort?

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Your Samus ratings seem to be pretty off... do you have any idea how fractions work? Is it intentional?

SSBB

Smash Cadet
Thanks for reading ( I hope you read it :))

Some of you are saying that this is pointless. It may be on a larger scale, but it could always vent ideas for SSB4 (if it exists). Im doing this o show what I would've done with Brawl + a few extras. I'm amazingly happy with Brawl's roster as I'm so used to playing 64 that I really don't mind the 39 characters.

So as I was saying, it may be pointless in the long run, but it allows me to express ideas :)

Final two things... I actaully posted the second one after midnight (at about 0003) so technically I'm on track :p

Also, thanks for answering that question Ageman20XX, I should've been more clear! For a second I thought you were me with your avatar :)

Maku

Smash Apprentice
I really support your ideas and all..
But hey just unleash the whole roster...
Come on! im anxious to see...
Marth better be in it!!
Hail The Great Falchion!

SSBB

Smash Cadet
That's why I realise them occasioanaly! To build suspense :p I think I might update more frequently however, so maybe two to three times a day.

TheMoonman

Smash Cadet
Guh...when Sakurai did this with the Dojo, it was awesome and nice of him.

But here...it's just corntastic.

Please stop.

SSBB

Smash Cadet
If you don't want to read then don't. I'm not forcing you to...

Updated with three more characters!

Please ignore (Newcomer)s bad picture. It's quite hard to find a good one which is large enough :(

SSBB

Smash Cadet
Pokemon needed a Second Generation Pokemon. Everyone remebers Marill as the BLue Pikachu and I figured she was well known enough to get in.

majorojam

Smash Apprentice
We all have desires for characters that didn't make it into Brawl so why not help this guy out? Yeah, this isn't really going to go anywhere beyond this thread, but why the hell not. Bomberman better make it. That's all I have to say.

Also, PM me if you want some photoshop work done. I've actually made my own "fake" brawl characters (with the gradient background) before.

theteam

Smash Rookie
are you just guessing the numbers on overall rating?

for example
mario

5+5+5+7=22
22/4= rating should be 5.5

link

7+6+3+4=20
20/4= rating should be 5

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Marill is an interesting choice. I could think of a couple other pokemon from that generation which I would have liked in, but marril is the most popular (besides pichu *gag*). I'd be curious on how he would play different from squirtle though.

SSBB

Smash Cadet
are you just guessing the numbers on overall rating?

for example
mario

5+5+5+7=22
22/4= rating should be 5.5

link

7+6+3+4=20
20/4= rating should be 5
Nope. The Overall Stat isn't based on the others as there are lost of other things to take into consideration (such as comboing ability etc.)

Futher Notes On Marill

Attacks
Standard B - Bubble - Marill launches a slow moving bubble in one direction. This bubble will trap enemies inside whiilst moving along the battloefield. It's like being put in a Yoshi Egg except you move and are trapped for shorter period of time, althouggh not by much. To excape the opponent must tap in any directions as much as possible. The more damage you have taken the lober you'll be trapped. After the time in the bubble expires, it will explode and the enemy will take a small ammount of damage.

Smash B - Rollout - Exactly the same as Jigglypuff's Rollout in Melee, except the longer you are rolling for, the quicker you will begin to move and the more damage you will deal.

Recovery B - Whirlpool - Marill spins in small circles whilst slowly rising straight up. If you tilt the control stick left or right whilst doing Whirlpool, upon conclusion you will shoot out in that direction with force.

Down B - Aqua Jet - Three small jets of water simultaneously shoot out of the ground in front of Marill, each moving further and further away from Marill. These jets will knock the enemy into the air whilst dealing an average ammount of damage. If used while in the air, Marill will drop (like Yoshi/Bowser during their 'bomb' attacks) and cause the jets to rise on either side of Marill.

Magikarp

Smash Cadet
This sounds something similar to what someone is doing on GameFAQs. Don't remember his name, but he's making what essentially he thinks should be SSB4 and is including everything, right down to menu color and names of attacks.

Are you that person by any chance? Lmao.

Still, this'll keep me entertained. Keep going! MOAR.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
this is all well and good, but the only problem i have is that you referred to Marill as a 'her'...

Pokemon are not classified as either 'he/his' or 'she/her'. all pokemon can be either male or female. so they should just be referred to as 'it'. People do the same with Jigglypuff...

(btw im not a Pokemon geek or anything)

anyway, aside from that very minor error, im actually quite interested to see what other bizarre newcomers show up.

Top Bottom