• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Musical Chairs Tourney

Sukai

Smash Champion
I am Skye on AiB by the way.

Yes, tis true, I am now hosting a tournament that is musical chairs themed.
What is that, you ask?
Randomly generated teams.
Each round (preliminaries, first, second, semis and (maybe) finals, the remaining participants will be randomly paired with another, no exceptions.

The tournament will be single elimination, best 3/5, and yes there is a prize--the winners will be rewarded with one Wii Shop purchase of their choice within the price range of 1000 points each.
Tournament will be held at Tournament Chat 1. At 4:30PM Eastern Standard Time, please arrive at 4:00PM.

All characters are allowed.
4 Stock, 10 minutes.
Team Attack ON.
Share Stock is allowed.
Items are Team Healer and set to "LOW"**

**(It is possible to discuss this setting with your opponents and partner, and set items to "Off" and "NONE", but this decision MUST be unanimous. No other alternative item settings are allowed.)
If a match ends in a suicide (Ganoncide, Kirbycide, etc) and goes into a sudden death--the sudden death will be allowed to determine the outcome of the match.
Edge stalling is not allowed, if someone stays on the ledge for more than 10 seconds--end the match with a no contest and report it to me, state your argument and let the accused state theirs--depending on the fair claim, I'll either disqualify the accused or allow the match to continue with the record still going (if one team got a win/loss, that win/loss would still count upon continuing the set).
Bear in mind that if someone is attempting a suicide from the edge, and if the other player does not approach, the person attempting the suicide from the edge would be penalized with Edge stalling, provided that they are on the edge long enough.

If you feel the need to, you can discuss strategies with your partner in private messaging.

F.A.Q.
1. Why are you giving out the prize like that? Shouldn't you just give the winners the code and they sort it out?
Ans. I can't gift Wii points to people, and while I could just give them the code, it's a 2000 card, and they won't be able to split it, and problems may come up if I just entrust it with one of the two winners.
This is the best method I can go with.

2. How are you going to give us our Wii Shop games?
Ans. I must get the winners' Wii codes and they get mine, once everything has been situated, I can give the games that way.

3. WTF?? Why do teams have to be randomized???
Ans. Because, I wanted this to be enjoyable, and offer a new element of fun, if you don't think it'll be enjoyable, then don't participate.

4. Why is it single elimination?
Ans. Because I doubt Tio can randomly generate teams each round, so I'll be doing it all by hand, and post the final results in Tio, single elimination keeps my head from hurting.

5. Hey, uh, me, my partner and one of our two opponent agree to turn the items off, but one guy wants them on, and he's not caving. How are you going to handle this?
Ans. Simple, just come and talk to me about the dispute, then I'll decide for all of you, normally I'll rule in favor of the majority, but there might be exceptions.

6. DUDE WTF?? WHY CANT KIRBYCIDE WIN ME A MACH????
Ans. Because although I would allow that in singles, doubles is a whole-nother story, anyone is subject to kirbycide (and other suicides), and that just ruins the fun--don't be a wet blanket, and use skill and to win--or make sure you're one stock ahead.

7. That's great and all, but what if there is an odd number of participants?
Ans. I will serve as the odd one out's partner.

8. What if you aid the partner in the finals, if you win, do you get the prize too?
Ans. No, this way, the winner would get either the whole 2k, or the runner ups split 500, I'm still deciding on which way to go here.

9. What if you and I lose in the finals?
Ans. Uhh...my bad?

10. Is it possible that I can convince you to partner me with someone specific?
Ans. No.

All characters are allowed.
4 Stock, 10 minutes.
Team Attack ON.
Share Stock is allowed.
Items are Team Healer and set to "LOW"**

**(It is possible to discuss this setting with your opponents and partner, and set items to "Off" and "NONE", but this decision MUST be unanimous. No other alternative item settings are allowed.)
If a match ends in a suicide (Ganoncide, Kirbycide, etc) and goes into a sudden death--the sudden death will be allowed to determine the outcome of the match.
Edge stalling is not allowed, if someone stays on the ledge for more than 10 seconds--end the match with a no contest and report it to me, state your argument and let the accused state theirs--depending on the fair claim, I'll either disqualify the accused or allow the match to continue with the record still going (if one team got a win/loss, that win/loss would still count upon continuing the set).
Bear in mind that if someone is attempting a suicide from the edge, and if the other player does not approach, the person attempting the suicide from the edge would be penalized with Edge stalling, provided that they are on the edge long enough.

STARTER
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

STARTER/COUNTER
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

COUNTER