• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music These Days

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Link to original post: [drupal=1086]Music These Days[/drupal]

Sup guys, SOLID here...

Yeah, I'm goin through a weird patch in my life, and my close friends and music are pretty much all I feel like I have right now outside of family... Music these days that gets hyped and is played on the radio sucks so much... Oh come on, Lil Wayne? Please... People with cool voices that can rap but have terrible lyrics aren't good people!!!!!!! I mean come on, The hyped stuff nowadays is T-Pain, the new Kanye stuff, Weezy, Young Jeezy, all that stuff, I don't even know anymore, and I don't care either. People why would you listen to that ****, and that's what it is, it's ****. Want some real music? Listen to some Nas, old Kanye stuff and Lupe Fiasco. Over-hyped stuff sucks, listen to the underrated stuff, it's ACTUALLY GOOD!

Want some links? Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hotjeKvovg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOicLVCMCaA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DirBbksulqQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bcnn...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7YpH...eature=related

F&F

SOLID out.

finalark

SNORLAX
Doing my best not to show my dislike of rap, I have to say that most songs these days have lost their appeal to me. Honestly, who wants to listen to music about prostitutes and the like?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
That's what I'm sayin, these guys that I said don't talk about that stuff, especially Lupe. He has songs about real stuff, not just money. Religion, AIDES, Stereotypes, Drug Dealers, real life stuff. That's what he does, that's what I'm trying to say.

@above, I'm talking about newer school stuff that's still good, I kno old school is the best man. I'm sayin that if you wanna here hewer music that's actually good, here ya go.

First time I've heard raw on the boards, other than me sayin it, lol.

F&F

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What really is there to life other than sex, drugs, money?

Really think about it.

What meaning is there behind anything?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I totally agree with you, S.O.L.I.D.

Even though I'm the rock man, I like some of the old stuff too. Not just the white boy stuff, like Beastie Boys, Eminem, and Vanilla Ice. Run DMC, Kanye, and Dr. Dre were the best. Even Snoop Dawg was good. Now, all of this Soulja Boy, Yung Jeezy, and Plies really suck. I mean, they have no clear meaning anymore.

Also, am I the only one on here who enjoys the Classical genre of music, like Bach, Handel, and Mozart? That was when music was an art.

kr3wman

Smash Master
What really is there to life other than sex, drugs, money?

Really think about it.

What meaning is there behind anything?
Nothing has meaning if you search for one. Embrace the outside world and it will reveal itself to you.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nothing has meaning if you search for one. Embrace the outside world and it will reveal itself to you.
The outside world seems to tell me to drink and that the only thing important is having a lot of money so you can get the hot girls. At least that's where it seems to be going as long as I go with the flow.

Which is why I tried to find a meaning to it all in the first place.

This is off topic. My point was, why try and argue about meaning in music anyway when there is no meaning to anything.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I dunno I don't think ALL new rap is overrated. Even good rappers (Wayne, Kanye are the only 2 I can think of atm.) can make some bad songs at times. There are some that make all bad music pretty much. Rap just isn't consistent that that kinda turns me off.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Lil Wayne isn't a good rapper. That's my point in this. Read plz kthanx. Lil Wayne has like no good songs whatsoever and Kanye's new stuff is balls. Graduation was by far his best album.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Also, am I the only one on here who enjoys the Classical genre of music, like Bach, Handel, and Mozart? That was when music was an art.
I'm up for some classical music at times, but music is always an art, it was just a different kind of art then.

So, I've never tried any sort of rap or anything on this, but pandora.com is amazing. Try it out, it's worth your time.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Lil Wayne isn't a good rapper. That's my point in this. Read plz kthanx. Lil Wayne has like no good songs whatsoever and Kanye's new stuff is balls. Graduation was by far his best album.
Lols.

Like I said not consistent.

Kanye makes good albums then a bad one.

I haven't really listened to Wayne's new stuff but his older stuff was pretty neat.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Current Black music sucks because it's become the mainstream commercial money raker rather than music. The old school stuff had passion and talent behind it. Now you get any dumb*** motherf***er making crappy songs with funky synth beats and a fat bassline, but with no lyrical flair or substance. I blame 50 Cent for this trend, personally.
Flava Flav should smack him one with his clock.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Current Black music sucks because it's become the mainstream commercial money raker rather than music. The old school stuff had passion and talent behind it. Now you get any dumb*** motherf***er making crappy songs with funky synth beats and a fat bassline, but with no lyrical flair or substance. I blame 50 Cent for this trend, personally.
Flava Flav should smack him one with his clock.
Its because anybody can get a record deal nowadays.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Just take those old records off the shelf
I'll sit and listen to 'em by myself
Today's music ain 't got the same soul
I like that old time rock 'n' roll
Don't try to take me to a disco
You'll never even get me out on the floor
In ten minutes I'll be late for the door
I like that old time rock'n' roll
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Still like that old time rock'n' roll
That kind of music just soothes the soul
oo
I reminisce about the days of old
With that old time rock 'n' roll
Won't go to hear them play a tango
I'd rather hear some blues or funky old soul
There's only one sure way to get me to go
Start playing old time rock 'n' roll
Call me a relic, call me what you will
Say I'm old-fashioned, say I'm over the hill
Today's music ain't got the same soul
I like that old time rock 'n' roll

Still like that old time rock'n' roll
That kind of music just soothes the soul
I reminisce about the days of old
With that old time rock 'n' roll

Patinator

Smash Champion
SOLID.

...SOLID, SOLID... *shakes head, sighs*

I-I thought... I thought you, of all people, would know... You! The man who labeled me as your little leprechaun helper, I... I expected you would know...

Where did I go wrong?! I'll remedy this situation pronto. The secret to your success in this grim situation is:

Beethoven cures all illnesses

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
+1 agreement. It absolutely sux.

Not to mention that collectively, the rap industry has "stolen" quite a few songs. It pisses me off that these "artists" get the credit. WTF. What they've done recently (as far as I know, there's probably more), and who really played it:

Crazy Train - Rock/Metal - Ozzy Osbourne

Harder Better Faster Stronger - Techno/Funk - Stupid remix is called "Stronger" - originally by Daft Punk (is awesome)

The Numa Numa Dance - WTF! - Why would you even make this into an R&B song? This one really pissed me off - made by Ozone?

Satisfaction - Techno - Originally by Benni Bennassi

WHY **** GOOD/CLASSIC/AWESOME SONGS? WHY? Come up with your own melodies/lyrics to suck hard with -.-.
Next thing you know it'll be "Never Gonna Give You Up", or maybe the ****ing leek thing.

Blackadder

Smash Master
My brother's idea of good music is Miley Cyrus, and he's ****ing 15. Kids these days, yeah?

And Psychoincarnate, what's the point of posting about there being no meaning to anything when that post carries no meaning?

BAM

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Most of the music these days...SUCKS! TERRIBLY!

Everything on the radio sucks, with no exceptions. I'll just stick with my small 222 song library on my ipod, thank you very much. (You guys can probably tell I hate rap)

Almost everything now either sounds horrible or carries absolutely no meaning at all in the lyrics. The songs are seemingly made just for the hell of it. ESPECIALLY rap.

Techno/trance, instrumental, classical FTW

Top Bottom