• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music of Smash - "Mysterious Metroid Frame Kart Yarn Country Chronicles"

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Welcome everyone to
The Music of Smash!

This is a weekly series that will be posted each Tuesday. For this series, different authors will come through with their posts of music. The music of Smash is simple - Each week, we post seven songs from various series represented in Smash (whether it's four characters or just a simple sticker) along with a bit of information about them - Check back every week to listen to some awesome tunes! While this may not be groundbreaking news; the writing staff here at Smashboards wants to provide a little something for everybody to enjoy. Please note that this does not mean these songs are in any way confirmed. They are merely songs the staff writers feel would make great additions to the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U soundtrack. We hope you enjoy "Music of Smash Tuesdays"!

This week is. I, @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom ! I am a fan of most video game I come into contact with but I really enjoy those small gems that lie in soundtracks that may be stunning pieces but only occupy a small portion of the game. Without further delay, let's jump into the MUSIC OF SMASH!

First I would like to focus on a particular stage that has yet to be formally announced yet is confirmed to appear as seen in the above picture.

Woolly World
Where Yarn Meets Smash

Woolly World hails from the Yoshi franchise, a franchise that suffers from lack of representation in the form of characters, items, and Assist Trophies but has consistently held it's own in the number of stages. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is not exception with it having two confirmed stages - one new and one old. Woolly World is actually the first stage ever in the history of Smash Bros. to be based off a game that has yet to be released! Yoshi's Woolly World is set to be released sometime early 2015. As we all saw on the Nintendo Digital Event at E3 back in June, Yoshi's Woolly World has a very yarn-like feeling - from the way Yoshi looks to how Yoshi slurps up enemies and pops them out as eggs. Further details of this game are coming out and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be the first look into this new game. That being said, what sort of music can we come to expect to appear on the stage? Since the game is currently under development, music details is very, very, VERY small. In fact, searching through Google and Youtube didn't show me much in the form of music. However, I wanted to to do a piece of Woolly World music so I decided to try out the Treehouse Live Event play through of Yoshi's Woolly World that was at E3. The below video is this play through so please focus on the background music rather than the commentary and sound effects.

While at times it is hard to hear, the song has a very whimsical and light-hearted feel which is something that I feel represents the Yoshi series. In Smashes past, the Yoshi franchise has always had these sort of pieces such as "Yoshi's Island" and "Obstacle Course". I feel that this background music, which is most likely the first stage, will help represent the Yoshi series as well as do this woolly stage justice.

What do you think about this selection? Does it fit in with Woolly World? Do you have any better suggestions? If so, sound off in those gosh darn comments that we all love to hate!

Metroid
No Ridley for You! Next!

Metroid, the Pandora's Box of Super Smash Bros. speculation. Never in the history of Smash has a franchise received so much attention and criticism in terms of speculation. Everything from "Ridley is too big/No Ridley?" to "Why so many lava levels?" to "Short shorts Zero Suit Samus". Metroid has always been an important yet slightly downplayed franchise in Super Smash Bros. However, for Metroid fans, it is very important to them and one important part of Metroid is the music. Fans of video game soundtracks can all agree that Metroid boasts some of the best music; ranging from creepy sci-fi subterranean music to more atmospheric garden worlds music. However, we can all agree that the majority of the Metroid stages in Smashes past have all focuses on one feature - lava, lava, and more lava! And that is ok as lava/plasma was and still is a defining feature in Metroid games but there are still places that haven't been touched on in the Metroid series that would make a great stage! However, this is not the time or place for that but I would like to focus on one particular musical gem from Metroid Prime that is a personal favorite of mine and fans a like.

"Phendrana Drifts"

Phendrana Drifts is a location in Metroid Prime that was a first for Metroid games - a frozen wasteland. Metroid typically featured more subterranean or jungle areas so a frozen wasteland was a very welcomed addition to the Metroid series. This area was well-received among fans and one reason was due to the atmospheric BGM that appeared on this stage. This song still remains popular and iconic because of this. Now, the possibility of Metroid having an ice level is about the same of Ridley being playable. It most likely will never happen but "Phendrana Drifts" can easily fit into a Metroid stage such as "Frigate Orpheon", a more quiet stage such as "Palutena's Temple", "Skyloft", or "Wii Fit Studio" or maybe even an ice stage themed such as a stage based off from Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze or a stage from a series that just recently had it's representative characters cut. Some may feel that this stage doesn't fit well due to it being more quiet and reserved but songs such as "Midna's Lament", "Ai no Uta", and others were included in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I argue that this song fits well with more atmospheric, calmer stages with a sense of mystery.

Do you feel this is a good and worthwhile addition to the Super Smash Bros. soundtrack? Do you have any better suggestions for music to represent Metroid? Let us know by commenting below!

Mario Kart
Rev those Engines!

As we know, Mario Circuit will appear twice on the Smash 4 version; featuring the Mario Kart DS version from Super Smash Bros. Brawl as well as one from the recently released Mario Kart 8 which features a unique anti-gravity mechanism that allows drivers to drive themselves up a wall....a building....or even a waterfall. When you think of a song for the Mario Circuit stage obviously the theme song of the stage comes into mind and that will obviously be one of the choices for the stage. However, who is to say that other tracks from Mario Kart 8 won't appear? In fact, the game is full of great tracks that fits well in Super Smash Bros. 4. Therefore, one of my Mario Kart 8 recommendations is...

"Elecrodrome"

Electrodrome is an upbeat music track that fits well with the club/disco vibe of the aptly named track "Electrodrome". It is an easy beat to groove....or smash to and would not only fit well with "Mario Circuit" but a number of other stages as well such as "Wuhu Island", "Pilotwings", "Mario Galaxy", "Pac-Land", "Great Cave Offensive", and "Jungle Hijinxs". In fact, any stage that has an upbeat feeling and isn't surrounded by lava would probably benefit from this track. It's fun, vibrant, groovy, and iconic to Mario Kart fans albeit it is a rather new song. The song could also be used in Smash Tour as background music or possibly other unforeseen modes.

Do you think "Electrodrome" is a good or bad choice? What Mario Kart 8 tracks would you like to see happen? Speed on over to the comment section and let us know!

Xenoblade Chronicles
This music! I'm really feeling it!

Xenoblade Chronicles is full of great music; ranging from epic battle themes, orchestrated romantic themes, simplistic themes, and rock and roll songs. We already have a preview of music that is taken from the "Xenoblade Chronicles" such as " ". However, with a musical library so vast and massive, it is hard to choose which songs to add for the Wii U version. However, I do feel that one particular song really fits both the Xenoblade Chronicles stage "Gaur Plains" and potentially many stages as well! That song is....

"Colony 9"

I previously covered "Engage the Enemy" and, to my surprise, it was already confirmed as a track near the end of the extravaganza almost two weeks ago. Therefore, I went about trying to find a different song that can be utilized in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U as well as a Xenoblade Chronicles song. Most of the songs featured thus far have been epic, rocking songs so I wanted to take something that is both important yet interesting from Xenoblade Chronicles. I decided to go with "Colony 9". If you are unaware, the main characters Shulk, Fiora, Reyn, and Dunban are all form Colony 9 so this gives it a sense of "home is where the heart is" feeling. This mellow, rustic song would do well in both Gaur Plains as well as other stages such as Skyloft, Palutena's Temple, Jungle Hijynxs, and the Great Cave Offensive. These type of stages have a rather adventurous yet not intimidating or goofy sense of personality. I feel this song would do well to represent the more softer and melodic side of the Xenoblade soundtrack yet provide some rustic tunes for fans to Smash to!

NOTE: This song has been confirmed for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. I am considering what to do next so check back later!

Are you a fan of Xenoblade Chronicles and it's amazing soundtrack? What track(s) do you feel best represents the series as a whole? Let us know if you are really feeling it by commenting!

Donkey Kong
Time to Kongquer!

Super Smash Bros. is always know for bringing in iconic songs from past titles and giving them a new coat of paint. This is true for songs pertaining to Kid Icarus in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. However, two songs that got remade that really impacted me in Brawl was "Bramble Blast" and "King K. Rool/Ship Deck 2". These redone musical pieces, to me, were just as iconic from the source material as well as represented the Donkey Kong Country games perfectly. With an entire new era of Donkey Kong being represented in Smash 4, how can the musical team preserve the musical tracks from previous Donkey Kong games and which songs would do well with a new coat of paint? I present to you...

"Lockjaw's Locker"

First appearing in Donkey Kong Country 2, this interesting musical piece has all of the klaptrappings of a great remastered piece that exceeds "Bramble Blast" and "King K.Rool" in my opinion. The song is from quite memorable stage "Lockjaw's Locker" which tasked Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong is traversing a shipwreck where the water will magically transform into lava. The only way to combat this miraculous inconvenience is by using the animal friend, Clapper the Seal, to cool the lava by shooting out ice cubes from it's mouth when you jump on it (Pompeii should of used seals). Imagine this stage, with its bubbling lava sounds and general awesomeness as a remastered work? In addition, this song not only works in a potential Donkey Kong Country stage but also other stages that may feature lava such as "Pyrosphere", "Norfair", and maybe...just maybe....the castle that belongs to a certain King of the Koopas...

Do you think this song deserves to be redone and put into Super Smash Bros.? If you were to pick a different song from the past Donkey Kong Country games to be redone, which ones would you choose? Let us kow below!

Smash Bros Bushido
我々はスマブラ大ファンだぜ!

It is confirmed that Super Smash Bros. will include music from not only franchises that have playable characters as well as franchises represented by Assist Trophies, items, and trophies! In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we had several tracks that were from Assist Trophies such as from "Golden Sun". In Smash 4, we already have a song confirmed to appear from the franchises "The Mysterious Castle Murasame Medley" for the Wii U and "Dillon's Rolling Western" for the Wii U. The next song I would like to propose is from the first title I mentioned, "The Mysterious Castle Murasame" though within an entirely different game...

"Takamaru's Ninja Castle - Combat"

"Takamaru's Ninja Castle" is a section taken from the Wii U launch title, Nintendo Land and named after the Assist Trophy, Takamaru. It was a fairly popular minigame where players were tasked with infiltrating a castle while throwing shurikens (Ninja throwing stars) and attacking enemy ninjas and samurai with katanas (Japanese swords). It was praised for its very stylized environment as well as revitalizing a retro series; bringing it to the fore front. The track itself is a remastered work of the original song "Mysterious Castle Murasame". While one may think "Wait...wasn't that on the 3DS?" and quickly dismiss this song, I argue that both versions do have different tracks. It is conceivable that the Wii U version will have a remastered piece from a Wii U title. It also has a very distinct Japanese sound - something that has been oddly missing in Super Smash Bros. track lists. I feel this song could work for a number of stages on the Wii U version - especially if Nintendo Land is confirmed to be a new stage though it has bee confirmed that the "Nintendo Land Theme" will be making an appearance.

What song do you think should be featured from Nintendo Land other than the theme song? Do you think this one is worth becoming featured in Smash Bros. Let us know by commenting your thoughts and suggestions!

Fatal Frame
Halloween May be Over but Smash can still be SCARY!

For many of those on the other side of the great salty pond, Fatal Frame is a largely unknown franchise. To briefly summarize, Fatal Frame is a video game franchise from Tecmo Koei and each installment differs in terms of story and characters but the idea behind the games remain very similar - a girl must use a camera or "Camera Obscura" to photograph pictures of ghosts and spirits in order to send them into the afterlife. Usually, the female protagonist is trying to uncover some great mystery in a particular location. Fatal Frame is a great example of Japanese horror and includes many elements from the J-horror genre; especially in terms fo ghosts and spirits. In total, there has been an astounding 4 titles released for Nintendo systems:
Fatal Frame or ZERO in Japan has largely remained in it's country of origin except for releases on the Playstation with only the Spirit Camera spin-off hitting North American shores while Europe and Australia got the remake Fatal Frame II: Deep Crimson Butterfly. To date,t he only Fatal Frame game to have a NA released was "Spirit Camera" but hopefully the newest one "Oracle of the Sodden Raven" sees a NA releases outside of EU and AU. This is sad as these are great games that truly depict Japanese horror. Hopefully, the newest game Fatal Frame V: Oracle of the Sodden Raven will see an international release in the near future. However, Fatal Frame does actually have confirmed content in the form of trophies. In the 3DS version, there is a atrophy of Maya, a character from the Spirit Camera game. In the Wii U version, there are actually two trophies from the Fatal Frame series, Mio and Mayu Amakura from Fatal Frame II: Deep Crimson Butterfly. These are the only trophies confirmed for the Wii U from the Fatal Frame series but it is conceivable that further trophies from Fatal Frame IV and V could possibly appear. In addition to this, I do think that a Fatal Frame musical track is also potentially possible. In the past, there have been tracks linked to trophies such as Marionation Gear and Excite Truck ( http://www.ssbwiki.com/Music_(SSBB)#Nintendo ). When I did some research on which songs would be suitable for Smash Bros. fromt he Fatal Frame series, I was pretty stumped as most music has an atmospheric nature and generally do not fit in with the rough and tumble attitude of Smash. At most, it may work on "Luigi's Mansion" but seems more fit for a Fatal Frame stage, which is possible but unlikely. I am getting off track though. So I went about trying to find a more livelier track with a bit of variety. The track that I feel best fits is the theme song from Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse...

ZERO no Chouritsu

Not only does this song have the main franchise title in the name but is the theme song of a Fatal Frame Wii game. "Zero no Chouritsu" benefits from having a variety of musical styles inside of it; with it being quiet in the start and becoming more vibrant and louder in the middle which reflects a Smash battle. It also has the added benefit of having an English version titled "Just Call My Name" for Western players. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, there was a number of songs that not only had vocals but also a Japanese and English version:
  • Ashley's Song
  • Ashley's Song (JP)
  • Mike's Song
  • Mike's Song (JP)
  • Mona Pizza7s Song
  • Mona Pizza's Song (JP)
  • Ai no Uta (JP)
  • Ai no Uta (FR)
  • Tane no Uta (JP)
  • Saberu! DS Cooking Navi (JP)
  • Calling to the Night
  • Live & Learn
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Music_(SSBB)#WarioWare.2C_Inc.

Fatal Frame is a series that has 4 games under it's Nintendo belt, trophies featured in both versions, and has ties to both Nintendo and Tecmo Koei who are, as of late, very buddy buddy together. I feel that a Fatal Frame song is not entirely out of reach and that "Zero no Chouritsu/Just Call My Name" is an excellent track that can be used in a number of stages and modes as well as give ample representation to a franchise that deserves it. Just imagine smashing to this song in the "9.0 Classic Mode" or "Luigi's Mansion"!

Do you think Fatal Frame deserves musical representation? What other songs from Fatal Frame do you think can be used in Super Smash Bros.? Don't be a lurking ghost so please comment in the section below....IF YOU DARE!

And this concludes the "Music of Smash". Do you agree or disagree with his musical selections? Do you have any suggestions as well? We hope you enjoyed this weeks article and stay tuned for next week for another addition of "Music of Smash."

Venus is a video game soundtrack junky and enjoys soundtracks from a number of games such as Smash, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, and more. Share your love of soundtrack music with him on his twitter @VenustoBloom.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Time to go add music to my iPod based on what I'm told each Tuesday :p

Iguana

Smash Cadet
This is awesome, thanks for doing this. Music is one of the things I'm most hyped about in Smash, so I'm glad there are articles talking about what tracks should be in or not.

My opinions:

- Phendrana Drifts: Awesome track, I wouldn't mind it being in Pyrosphere even if it might not fit with the stage.

- Electrodome: I'm not a big fan of this one. Personally, I'd like the Main Theme, or the GBA Mario Circuit arrange (I believe this one's better than the original).

- Engage The Enemy: Isn't this one already confirmed? I think it is, but I might be wrong. Anyway, this is awesome. Pretty much every track in Xenoblade is great so I don't really have a personal preference here.

- Lockjaw's Saga: Wow, interesting choice, I like it. Personally, I'd love to see, at least from DKC2, Forest Interlude (either original version or a new arrange, I believe this song is just as great as Stickerbrush Symphony) and Krook's March (A new arrange).

I hope next week you cover F-Zero!!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
- Engage The Enemy: Isn't this one already confirmed? I think it is, but I might be wrong. Anyway, this is awesome. Pretty much every track in Xenoblade is great so I don't really have a personal preference here.
Strange, I did the research while writing this piece up and I couldn't find it as being confirmed but I just found it was. Thank you for clearing that up with me and I will look into replacing that with another song.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
It's "Electrodrome"!
People always say "Electrodome".
But it's drome, not dome.
Strange, I did the research while writing this piece up and I couldn't find it as being confirmed but I just found it was. Thank you for clearing that up with me and I will look into replacing that with another song.
Wait, do we know whether or not Engage the Enemy will be its own song, or part of the Xenoblade Chronicles Medley?

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I choose this one!

Pokemon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wH-qo6HETY
Pokemon world chambion (better know as Vs. Champion Blue)

Xenoblade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0DE5zyRI6U
Unfinished Battle

Kirby: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bp_aH8Ztm8
Shadow strike (Meta Knight Theme)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPSQV7kT4PU
King dedede remix from Kirby fighters

Golden Sun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqSwQTbYuXE
Golden Sun all battle themes

Tis one are the one I wanna really hear even there more I wanna hear.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I would have suggested Pokemon League Champion Cynthia's Battle Theme from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl but I just noticed earlier that that music just made it into the game after all.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It's "Electrodrome"!
People always say "Electrodome".
But it's drome, not dome.

Wait, do we know whether or not Engage the Enemy will be its own song, or part of the Xenoblade Chronicles Medley?
I will look into it. I saw nothing on the SSBwiki earlier but I just checked and it was up there. Regardless, I think I will keep it up there with a bit of a revision on how it could be incorporated into other stages and modes. I changed it into "Electrodrome". It's exactly why I call @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer , Aerodome.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master

skip to 34:06 for Engage the Enemy remix.

Zanza has the best final boss music in history imo. Xenoblade definitely has the best soundtrack glad its getting love.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
All of this makes me wonder how this game didn't get rated T and how Melee didn't get rated E10+. There's clearly more content and variety in this game than any other. I assume they gave it that rating because of the target audience. Hmmm, now that I think about it, I'm starting to miss the old K-A rating...

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
All of this makes me wonder how this game didn't get rated T and how Melee didn't get rated E10+. There's clearly more content and variety in this game than any other. I assume they gave it that rating because of the target audience. Hmmm, now that I think about it, I'm starting to miss the old K-A rating...
I assume it also has something to do with the way the hits sound when they connect. In Melee, you had more realistic punching sound effects when you would hit your opponent.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I assume it also has something to do with the way the hits sound when they connect. In Melee, you had more realistic punching sound effects when you would hit your opponent.
I'm pretty sure this doesn't affect the rating a whole lot. The hitbox visuals, on the other hand, can affect the rating (ex: blood, dust, POW! hits, etc.). Melee has these at a pretty minuscule level, so I don't think this affected it too much.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
The E10 rating didn't exist yet when melee was released-they didn't make it until about late 2003/early 2004. the first R&C games and The Incredibles were rated T because of it not existing yet as well.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
The E10 rating didn't exist yet when melee was released-they didn't make it until about late 2003/early 2004. the first R&C games and The Incredibles were rated T because of it not existing yet as well.
Ratings must've been very loosely interpreted back then...

mahkan

Smash Cadet
I always love to see what music is included with each new Smash Bros game and I hope the Wii U version has some of the music that was covered in this post.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Since I played Skyward Sword I hoped they would make a stage based off of the Lanyru Mining Facility JUST so I could hear the song from it in Smash... the stage won't be making it in, but I can still hope for the song!

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
If there one track I REALLY want, it is this one:

It would fit really well in the Kalos Pokémon League stage.

Last edited:

Zurf

Smash Cadet
I totally wish we had a stage based on Phendrana Drifts. It was one the best locations in the game and had eerie, chilling music that fit the atmosphere perfectly.

Phendrana Drifts depths is a great song that also might work in a smash stage. I put this song on Summit in Project M.

Zurf

Smash Cadet
Since I played Skyward Sword I hoped they would make a stage based off of the Lanyru Mining Facility JUST so I could hear the song from it in Smash... the stage won't be making it in, but I can still hope for the song!
I agree. The entire Lanaryu area had excellent music, especially the sand sea. As much as people hate on Skyward Sword, they can't deny that it had some of the best music in the Zelda series.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I agree. The entire Lanaryu area had excellent music, especially the sand sea. As much as people hate on Skyward Sword, they can't deny that it had some of the best music in the Zelda series.

Do people hate on Skyward Sword??! How on earth could they? Everyone has a right to their opinion, but I think Skyward Sword is one of the best Zelda games ever. Music, controls, upgrading, side-quests, characters, art style, STORY, temples, environments... EVERYTHING! (But I tend to think that about whichever Zelda game I'm currently playing because they're all amazing.)

The song you posted is also excellent... even if these songs don't fit the theme of one of the stages... it'd be AWESOME to be able to build stages with these songs.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
phendrana drifts is also one of my most favourite Metroid Prime BGM's.
As for Smash bros. i think it is too calm and relaxing. The Midna's lament and ai no uta are also not suitable imo even though they're in there.

If I remeber correctly, Phendrana Drifts had a Space Pirate research facility somewhere further in the area where definately more suitable music played that could definately be of value to smash.

As for other music i think that would be suitable: there's a whole list of pokemon battle, elite four, gym leader, rival battles etc that have awesome music. Also one from Colosseum back in the days which is still one of my favourites:

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
Freaking BotanicSage, now I can't listen to Electrodrome without thinking about Back Got Back.
Great, now I can't stop thinking about Baby Got DLC.

Glottis

Smash Cadet
I hate to be that guy, but i have some minor nitpicks with the article
that i have to correct.

- Lockjaw's Saga did not appear in the level Lava Lagoon first,
but in the fourth level of the game Lockjaw's Locker (and i only know this because i just finished playing through the game for the first time).
Therefore it would be more associated with that level, and not Lava Lagoon.

- I don't see how Fatal Frame has remained mostly in Japan.
All of the first three games in the series was released in the west on PS2.
So 4 out of 6 games was released both in US and EU.
I guess that maybe you meant on Nintendo consoles, but it wasn't worded that way.

Sorry if i come of like a nitpicky a** hole :(

I like your song suggestions otherwise.
I especially like the Xenoblades song. I've never played the game,
but i can see why it's fans are so enamoured with it's music.

Also, I would personally like to see Team Plasma Grunts battle theme from Pokemon Black & White.
It's probably my favourite battle theme since Gen 1 & 2

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Engage the enemy? PERFECT! **** YES!

Masterpiece music, seriously. The first time it was used in Xenoblade was mindblowing. The feels, the ride... the despair.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I will look into it. I saw nothing on the SSBwiki earlier but I just checked and it was up there. Regardless, I think I will keep it up there with a bit of a revision on how it could be incorporated into other stages and modes. I changed it into "Electrodrome". It's exactly why I call @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer , Aerodome.
I played against a nintendo rep in Mario Kart on Electrodome and lost, and all my friends give me crap about it for losing to a casual nintendo guy.

I beat everyone in Smash later though so it was ok.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I could say the same thing for most, if not all the songs in this game
So ****ing true. I actually listened to the OST before playing the game, but it allowed me to marathon SC2 for 17 hours in one day due to eargasming at almost every song (basically everyone except for a few and except for the ambient creepy ones that aren't really "music"). The prologue was epic, and then I looked up some scenes and saw that first Engage the enemy spoiler scene. It was really well done and got me wanting to play the game and download the OST right away!

I'm really sad that it seems that the new Xenoblade game is composed entirely by Sawano. Don't take me wrong, Sawano is a good composer, but I don't know how good he is going to be able to make it. He is loaded with a bunch of projects every year and he has to compose one track every few days; that doesn't leave much room for polish or inspiration. Also his musical diversity just isn't as great and can't match the ~10 composers that teamed up to make Xenoblade Chronicle's OST, and he either doesn't like or just isn't good at composing more dynamic pieces with softer, subtler, or atmospheric moments. His epic pieces tend to be very saturated with the same monotonous full-brass instrumentation or funky-brass-blare-cues and it's just tiring and stale to hear when there is no softer contrast or thinner parts. Sometimes he uses a mixture of dubstep, electronic sounds, vocals, and rock, and sometimes he uses piano and/or orchestra. But I feel like I can only categorize his music into those three types, and it's like he's bound to them or something.

I wonder how anyone else feels about this or if they have any thoughts to share. Was hiring Sawano more expensive and they are confident he can surpass Xenoblade Chronicles? Or is it just to save money?

Sawano's a good composer but I would be very very surprised if he can produce as many eargasms as ACE+, Yoko Shimomura, etc. There were just an insane number of masterful pieces in Xenoblade.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I want a rock remix of King K. Rool's theme as well as maybe one of Kaptain K. Rool's.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I'd like to see a Majora's Mask song of any kind, a Custom Robo track like Panic Cube or Haven, Really anything from F-Zero, and maybe a new version of Together, We Ride! Since thats the Fire Emblem song everyone remembers because of smash.

Glottis

Smash Cadet
Is it weird that my favorite song from Pokemon B&W was the Low HP theme?
Nope, that's a good one as well.
Overall, i'd say i was positively surprised when i first played B&W, because Diamond & Pearl really disappointed me in the music department, and even Ruby & Saphire to an extent (though i came to appreciate it eventually).
X&Y though... ugh...

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for your musical suggestions. I apologize that all my facts aren't straight and I'll go about revising them today.

Top Bottom