• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music Hype?

KafkaKomedy

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 8371 3981 5803
What music are you particularly hyped for? With over 20 hours of music I'm sure there are gonna be some great new tracks and remixes. Castlevania is big on everyone's list I'm sure, I'm in the love the new Out Of Time remix personally, but is there any remixes your guessing at or excited for? Or heck, even any tracks you're excited to be fighting to without any changes?

I'm hoping for a Shovel Knight song or Serious Guys from Mother 3, both would be super intense tracks to beat down too.

D

Deleted member

Im in love with King k Rools Gangplank Galleon theme and Smash Ultimates Main theme !

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Any song with lyrics immediately wins me over, so I'm hoping for more of those. I love instrumental versions and all, but lyrical songs add an extra "oomph" that makes the song much more dramatic and epic to fight to. The original piece of Lost in Thoughts All Alone that plays in Coliseum is a good example.

KafkaKomedy

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 8371 3981 5803
Any song with lyrics immediately wins me over, so I'm hoping for more of those. I love instrumental versions and all, but lyrical songs add an extra "oomph" that makes the song much more dramatic and epic to fight to. The original piece of Lost in Thoughts All Alone that plays in Coliseum is a good example.
Yaknow I never really thought about it but I totally agree. Once Corrin came out the only songs I let play on any FE stage were the 'Attack' theme and Lost In Thoughts. I'm just not sure what song that could get in have lyrics attached, unless they add some in like Gangplank Gallion.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Given that the combined total of songs already claimed to be in ultimate is more than the combined total of songs from the rest of the games, I have no doubt Sakurai hasn't put every song in. I am so excited to listen to this one for the first time since the Smash game that got me interested in Smash games.

It would also be nice to have more than two songs from the Final Fantasy franchise, but I know third party stuff is somewhat out of Nintendo's control. I wouldn't be mad at them for not making this request a reality.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I'm just so happy Fourside and it's music is back (probably). Hopefully all the other previously cut music is back, too. All those Earthbound and WarioWare songs from brawl that didn't make it to smash 4 were great. As for new music, even if Rhythm Heaven doesn't get a character, I'm hoping the series gets at least one remix. Of course, if it gets a playable fighter and even more music I'll be even happier haha.

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
Hype for Xenoblade music. Even if it doesn't get any newcomers, I'm sure we'll get a few Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 2 songs.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
The Metroid music because the menu theme is returning and it looks like there's finally a Lower Norfair remix in Smash

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
I'm loving the tracks so far -- Termina Field, Snake Eater, and Brinstar Depths in particular are fantastic.

I'm hoping for more tracks from the Mario RPGs as those are pretty commonly overlooked. Something from 3D World would be nice too. Unfortunately, that game fell in a bad spot where it came out too recently for Smash 4 content and too early for Ultimate content (stage-wise, at least).

Metroid, Mother, F-Zero and Star Fox should definitely be given more tracks than they were last name. More diversity for Zelda would be nice too, like more remixes for Twilight Princess (don't think we've ever had one). I was hoping for new Bayonetta remixes outside of instrumentals but the Direct sort of disconfirmed that, unless there are unlockable tracks.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I think the real question is whether or not they will be unlocked at the start. I hated having to build and grind from this in Smash Brawl enough, but this farm, which is the most efficient model I found in Smash 4, is even more of a pain to grind from as it actually requires me to not AFK.

My hopes is that CDs are eliminated from Smash Ultimate, and that they are all available from the start much like the stages.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Shovel Knight music is the big thing I'm hoping for, musicwise. That game has one of the best OSTs in gaming history, if I may be so bold; every track is fantastic. Even if we only get Plains of Passage, I'll be happy.

800+ tracks becomes a little less exciting when you consider that a large majority of those will just be tracks that were in Smash4, but the remixes we've already heard have been stellar. I'm pumped to hear more. :grin:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
The Gangplank Galleon remix and Central Highway remix from Mega Man X are both fantastic and I can’t wait to hear the whole track. These two are my most hyped tracks because it gives me hope that more music from the original DKC Trilogy will be featured in Smash Ultimate. Same goes for Mega Man X games.

PyroPancakes

Smash Cadet
This was actually in the Wii U game, so there's a very good chance it'll also be back for Ultimate.

Edit: Though the song is from Adventure 2, so maybe you're thinking of a different song?

Literally had no idea this was in the game. Thanks. Also, I was talking about the one from SA2

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Really hoping for some Pokemon Mystery Dungeon music this time around. The Music is absolutely AMAZING.
Also Littlest Pet Shop songs if Zoe Trent gets in like I want her to
Shovel Knight music is the big thing I'm hoping for, musicwise. That game has one of the best OSTs in gaming history, if I may be so bold; every track is fantastic. Even if we only get Plains of Passage, I'll be happy.

800+ tracks becomes a little less exciting when you consider that a large majority of those will just be tracks that were in Smash4, but the remixes we've already heard have been stellar. I'm pumped to hear more. :grin:
Actually, we'll probably have some songs that were in Smash 4 cut because they weren't really suited for battle, according to an interview with Sakurai.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I'm really looking forward to hearing DK's Bonus Room Blitz in its entirety, without SFX: what we've heard so far sounds stellar. Speaking of which, more DK remixes in general will be great (not just endless versions of Jungle Japes please...), though there's a lot of music from Tropical Freeze which doesn't need remixing at all and can be stuck in as is.

As for hopes, I really hope we get more Paper Mario remixes. I'm also hoping for a remix of Red/Lance's theme from Pokemon GSC: how it isn't in Smash already is a complete mystery, given that it's basically the Pokemon theme turned into battle music.

Firelucario

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2664-2218-5783
I made a wishlist video of music I would like to see on my Youtube Channel.
01 - 00:00:11 | Fossil Falls - Super Mario Odyssey
02 - 00:01:20 | RoboBrood Battle - Super Mario Odyssey
03 - 00:02:58 | Melty Monster Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy 2
04 - 00:04:09 | Aquaduct Assault - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
05 - 00:05:34 | Scorch 'N' Torch - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
06 - 00:07:24 | Hyrule Castle - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
07 - 00:09:28 | Eclipse of the Moon - Hyrule Warriors
08 - 00:10:56 | Devine Beast Vah Ruta Battle - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
09 - 00:11:54 | Lava Caves (Magmoor Caverns) - Metroid: Samus Returns
10 - 00:13:18 | Surface of SR388 - Metroid: Samus Returns
11 - 00:14:47 | Knitty-Knotty Windmill Hill - Yoshi's Woolly World
12 - 00:16:19 | Yo-Yo-Yoshi - Yoshi's Story
13 - 00:17:27 | Cookie Country - Kirby's Return to Dreamland
14 - 00:19:06 | Vs. Hyness (Unhooded) - Kirby: Star Allies
15 - 00:20:41 | Corneria - Star Fox Zero
16 - 00:22:10 | Sector Alpha - Star Fox Zero
17 - 00:23:47 | Royal Avenue - Pokemon Sun & Moon
18 - 00:25:04 | Ferrum Stadium - Pokkén Tournament
19 - 00:26:43 | Mantine Surf - Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
20 - 00:28:11 | Sanctuary Guardian - EarthBound (Mother 2)
21 - 00:29:47 | Run, My Dog, Run! - Mother 3
22 - 00:30:51 | Infinite Blue (Big Blue) - F-Zero GX
23 - 00:32:25 | Drivin' Through on Max (Sector α / Sector β / Rainbow Road) - F-Zero X
24 - 00:33:53 | Level / Overworld (The Eggerlander March) - Adventures of Lolo 3
25 - 00:35:27 | Justice RIP (Nohrian Storm) - Fire Emblem Warriors
26 - 00:37:11 | Twilight of the Gods - Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
27 - 00:39:10 | Return to Nifl (Map: Book II) - Fire Emblem Heroes
28 - 00:41:00 | Main Stages (Octopus Dance) - Nintendo Land
29 - 00:42:42 | In the Space-Pirate Ship (Ch. 8) - Kid Icarus: Uprising
30 - 00:44:13 | Aurum Island (Ch. 15) - Kid Icarus: Uprising
31 - 00:45:54 | Lord of the Underworld (Ch. 23) - Kid Icarus: Uprising
32 - 00:47:55 | Work Those Muscles! (5-Volt Stage) - WarioWare Gold
33 - 00:49:08 | Body Rock - WarioWare Gold
34 - 00:50:53 | Metal Gear Solid Main Theme - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
35 - 00:52:44 | Rules of Nature - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
36 - 00:54:30 | Fist Bump - Sonic Forces
37 - 00:56:08 | Hi-Spec Robo Go! (Hard Boiled Heavy Boss)- Sonic Mania
38 - 00:57:19 | Pikmin Park - Hey! Pikmin
39 - 00:58:50 | Bingo Battle Menu - Pikmin 3
40 - 01:00:11 | Excitebike Arena - Mario Kart 8
41 - 01:01:53 | 5 PM - Animal Crossing: New Leaf
42 - 01:03:15 | Isabelle's Theme - Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
43 - 01:04:53 | Title Theme - Mega Man III
44 - 01:06:16 | Straight Ahead (Mythos Version) - Mega Man Zero 4
45 - 01:08:10 | Segway Circuit (Beginner Stage / Beach) - Wii Fit Plus
46 - 01:09:41 | Exhibition Mode - Punch-Out!! (Wii)
47 - 01:10:49 | Major Circuit - Punch-Out!! (Wii)
48 - 01:12:31 | Battle: The Sky Scraper - Miitopia
49 - 01:14:07 | Battle: Darker Lord's Left Hand - Miitopia
50 - 01:15:59 | Title Screen | Main Menu - Pac-Man World
51 - 01:16:59 | PAC RAINBOW - Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
52 - 01:18:56 | no3=NO.EX01 - Xenoblade Chronicles X
53 - 01:20:37 | Monster Surprised You - Xenoblade Chronicles 2
54 - 01:23:03 | Mor Ardain (Roaming the Wastes) - Xenoblade Chronicles 2
55 - 01:24:53 | Lazer Blazer Confront - Super Scope 6
56 - 01:26:41 | Guile's Theme - Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition
57 - 01:27:59 | Theme of Cammy - Street Fighter IV
58 - 01:29:35 | Electric de Chocobo - Final Fantasy VII
59 - 01:31:15 | One-Winged Angel - Final Fantasy VII
60 - 01:33:25 | Magnificent 7 (∞ Climax Mix) - Bayonetta
61 - 01:35:16 | The God Of Chaos!? - Bayonetta 2
62 - 01:36:38 | Ink Me Up - Splatoon
63 - 01:38:51 | Fly Octo Fly ~ Ebb and Flow (Octo) [Off The Hook] - Splatoon 2
64 - 01:40:36 | Cross A Fear - Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
65 - 01:42:08 | Abandoned Castle ~The Curse of Darkness~ - Castlevania: Curse of Darkness

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
There’s a lot to pick from but I’ll just say that I am dying to hear that Central Highway remix in full, best one I’ve ever heard.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I’m hoping to listen to Shin Onigashima (only reason I ever played the Ice Climber stage) once more while I’m playing the game and Devil’s Call In Your Heart from F-Zero as those tracks made everything really intense whenever I played against my friends.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
My hope against hope (as always it's more Mother content) is for this iconic song to finally be remixed. I say remixed because it probably wouldn't work as a direct port, and it's pretty long. But it still deserves to be in the game: Pokey Means Business

D

Deleted member

I made a Playlist of the top 10 Littlest Pet Shop songs I'd like to hear in the game. Sure, it's stupid, but I want these songs in SO BADLY.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthur97

Smash Master
There's a lot to look forward to it would seem, some highlights being Gangplank Galleon remix and the X highway stage. Even the City Trial and the Mario Fortress remix.

However, Id (Purpose) has a special place to me, and I hope neither version is cut up like in 4 (which I admittedly did not notice). Also, Awakening music like the one in Lucina's trailer would be nice. Yes, I'm biased.

MrArska

Smash Cadet
NNID
aapelix
Switch FC
SW 2908 1984 5094

Kaze Arashi

Smash Journeyman
Queens New York. Occasionally in Smashville
NNID
marshie2014
I want some og songs and new remixes for several characters:

:ultsonic:- Sure the OG green hill zone is cool, but we have a modern remix from generations that's AWESOME or the battle version of green hill zone. One song I would love to hear in smash though is Sunset Heights from Sonic Forces, maybe a remix of an unleashed stage besides rooftop run, and from the classics: a remix of flying battery or sky sanctuary. A remix Wave Ocean or Crisis city from 06 would be AMAZING.

:ulttoonlink:- Molegra remix is one of the BIGGEST things I want to here, like how hyrule warriors did it. The normal one is great but it feels a bit "quiet"-ish for ultimate. Dragoon roost island remix would be cool too. Another song that would be great is phase 2 of malludus's final boss.

:ultmiifighters:- The new remixes from find mii and tomadachi life are AWESOME. I know we're getting the wii sports theme, but there's a hidden game nobody remembers nintendo should try: WII MUSIC. I don't want just the main theme, Use songs listed in the game. I mean, imagine fighting while you have SWAN LAKE playing in the back ground. That'd be FUNNY.

:ultpichu:- Remix of the gen 7 trainer battle theme! 6 was sick, and 7 kicked it up to a new level. They HAVE to do this. Also, lusamine's battle theme before she was fused with the ultra beast (phase 1) would be great

Lexlanson

Smash Rookie
I would love for some new remixes from Donkey Kong Country 2. Hot Head Bop, Forest Interlude, Bayou Boogie, In a Snowbound Land, a better remix of Stickerbrush Symphony than what we got in Brawl...

DKC2 is definitely my favorite video game soundtrack of all time.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
My mouth ****ing dropped when I saw the words 'More then 800 tracks'.
Screw King K, Rool, Chrom, Dark Samus, Simon and Richter. This is what I'm hyped for.
I'm looking forward to the OST of this game, that's for sure.
With how good the new 'Afternoon on the Island' remix sounds I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Metroid music, Simon's theme from SC4 (alongside some Aria/Dawn of Sorrow tunes), the DK music and the Sonic ones.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
The August Smash Direct revealed there were only 14 songs for the Yoshi series, and there were arguably roughly 14 songs from the Yoshi series across all of Smash, with 1 new song being revealed so far.... I'm a little afraid of hoping for more from the Yoshi series. Of course what was shown in the Direct might have changed by now (or maybe not all songs were 'unlocked' yet), but I'd like at least one new song from Yoshi's Cookie, as well as one or two new ones from Woolly World. The latter had an outstanding soundtrack that would be a shame not to be used in Smash.

Other than that, since Shovel Knight is getting some representation (at least in Assist Trophy form), I'm kinda sorta hoping for Celeste to get some representation as well, through music in particular. Madeline as a character would be great too but there's no way that's ever gonna happen so I'll happily take some music, that game had some... amazing tunes.

Of the already revealed songs, I'm really digging Champion Steven's remix from (Omega)Ruby and (Alpha)Sapphire.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I absolutely want a new Sonic remix
I imagined a Sonic 1 medley that went through the title, Green Hill, invincibility theme, Spring Yard, boss theme and victory fanfare

Farbeitfromme

Smash Cadet
I think in general Smash has done a good job of including iconic music, and I am excited for many of the tracks that have already made it in, like the Gangplank Galleon Remix and Termina Field. There are also a lot of returning tracks I'm thankful for. But there are definitely some I'd like to see make it still...

One is definitely the Metroid Prime 3 version of Dark Samus's Theme. There's no evidence that a track of Dark Samus's theme exists in Smash Ultimate, which is odd considering the character got in. MP3's version is definitely my favorite, but any version would work, although I'm afraid an attempted remix might not do the original justice.

Another track that I found kind of fun was Final Trial from the original Pikmin, although it might be a little slow for Smash. Perhaps a remix would work, if it could do justice to both the upbeat music box feel and the slightly sinister elements.

On a similar note, a big favorite I agree with would be a remix of Clock Town's themes that takes elements of all three days. We've already got a lot of Majora's Mask content in Ultimate, but especially if on the off chance Skull Kid does make it in, a little bit more would be warranted.

I've only played Shovel Knight recently, but I did like the music. I hope we get a bit more content from that game beyond the AT, but I kind of doubt it...

I wouldn't mind hearing some songs with lyrics, there are a few I can think of I'd like to see added. The biggest problem with those, though, is the fact that many of the original tracks are in Japanese, so translated versions would be necessary alongside them if we wanted our favorites.

Admittedly, I myself am a little wary of songs with translated lyrics, as there are some factors that make those less spectacular in English than the in the original language. "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" unfortunately strikes me this way a little bit (although looking at the Japanese lyrics, it looks like they did a complete overhaul of the song in English, which I think is a good move), and perhaps part of that is because I felt Fates Birthright beat me over the head with it a bit at times. I'm certainly not saying it's bad, on the contrary I like the melody, but it may not be at the top of my list. If I could have my pick on that particular song besides what Smash already has, I might go for something like one of the in-game remixes that is largely instrumental but includes a sequence with the most iconic lyrics.

Another series that has translated songs is of course Rhythm Heaven, and while I'm not sure we're going to be getting much from there unfortunately, there are one or two which despite some lyrical issues I'd like to see in English alongside the originals. One might be Night Walk's "Dreams of Our Generation", which I liked in Fever, another could be "Tonight". These would probably work alongside a RH themed stage, which again, we probably won't get. Still, it's fun to think about it.

A definite yes for songs with lyrics in my book, though, would be some of the lyricized versions of the tracks from the original Mother that were recorded in England. I have no idea who owns the rights to these versions of the songs now, but when I heard them I really appreciated them and would love if one or two could be in Smash (licensing permitting). My favorite is the version of "Pollyanna", while "All that I Needed (Was You)" is close behind. I think part of the reason I appreciate these more is that the versions I posted were actually written originally in English, making for better polished lyrics that I can understand. There may be Japanese versions too, and these would of course be included. I guess these might be a bit mellow for Smash, but boy, I would love it.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Seriously hoping they don't cut all the laid back songs (Swan Lesson, Midna's Lament, e.t.c.), those are my favourites.

that being said, when we're talking about the more exciting songs, I'm hoping for Boss Battle from Learn With Pokemon: Typing Adventure
and the return of Super Sonic Racing from Brawl.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
I'm still hoping for the likes of additional remixes from Super Mario Land, Paper Mario, Thousand Year Door, DKC 2, DK 64, Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Woolly World, Wario 1-2, Wario World, Earthbound, Super Punch Out, F-Zero X, F-Zero GX, Kirby 64, Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot, Bomberman, and Shovel Knight.

On a side note, hoping the likes of Dark Samus' Theme and Rundas Battle make it into the final product.

Adding to that is more for Bayonetta as well as Sonic remixes to overlap the abundance of vocal songs.

But for some reason, I'm kinda not expecting any of this and losing my hope in them.

Maybe cause of how close it's getting to official release.

Top Bottom