• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamemaster96

Smash Cadet
Here's my top 10 picks on what should get in.

1. Bad Boss Boogie (like a heavy metal, rockish variant) - Donkey Kong Country
2. Boss Bossanova - Donkey Kong Country 2
3. Rattle Battle - Donkey Kong Country 2
4. Toxic Tower - Donkey Kong Country 2
5. Forest Interlude - Donkey Kong Country 2
6. Angry Aztec - Donkey Kong 64
7. Rockface Rumble - Donkey Kong Country 3
8. Boss Boogie - Donkey Kong Country 3
9. Mad Jack - Donkey Kong 64
10. Army Dillo 2 - Donkey Kong 64

What are your Top 10 picks?

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I don't have a top 10 made but still...
After realizing the GBA version and SNES version had different soundtracks, I really wish for these two tracks make it in.

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
Gangplank Galleon for sure. Also this as something that plays very rarely:

D

Deleted member

I don't have a top 10, but Gangplank Galleon would definitely be on there. I would be disappointed if that gem didn't return. I would love to see this song:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I don't have a top 10 but if there is some music that NEEDS to return it is Stickerbrush Simphony (called "Bramble Blast" in Brawl).

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I don't have a top 10, but Gangplank Galleon would definitely be on there. I would be disappointed if that gem didn't return. I would love to see this song:
Best new song in that game.

These songs are the top 11 songs (in no particular order) I'd most like to see make it in Smash. They should keep all the songs they already had though except maybe the second version of Jungle theme. It's kinda redundant.

[collapse=Music]
Not much of a fighting song but still one of the best. I would love to see an electric guitar remix of this song.

[/collapse]

This will probably change when Tropical Freeze comes out. David Wise is back!:awesome:

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Sickerbrush symphony for me. They remixed in brawl but the original was better. I also want aquatic ambience, but I think that's too peaceful for a smash game.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Has anybody heard the music from Scorch N Torch (Tropical Freeze). I think I'm in love. Also, the new Aquatic Ambiance and Snomad theme are super amazing. I've heard about 10 songs from that game and it's already beat out the entirety of Returns music.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
No love for Golden Temple?

Probably one of the most respectable remixes/medleys that has ever graced my ears.

I also think the standard hub music from DK64 would be just dandy to have, preferably remixed to be a little faster and more atmospheric.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
An interview with David Wise. It's amazing to know he composed the entire GBA DCK3 soundtrack in 3 weeks.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
We've got Rocket Barrel music in for sure so it's already at a good start in my book. That will be some fun music to fight to.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I will be severely disappointed if they don't use music from Tropical Freeze. There's just too many gems in that game.
There better be at least 4 songs from this game alone. I hope the DK section doesn't get as shafted as it did in Brawl.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
This song... this song has to be in:

It is the best and most beautiful in the whole game. I know making a stage based on this level is too much, but at least have the melody.

Eat_Cow

Smash Rookie
The one DK track I want most in the game is Crocodile Cacophony, the music that plays when you fight Kaptain K. Rool in DKC2.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
This song... this song has to be in:

It is the best and most beautiful in the whole game. I know making a stage based on this level is too much, but at least have the melody.
It doesn't really fit. Too cheerful if that makes sense, plus the song transitions into 3 different parts, something Smash never had.

THIS is perfect for Smash, though.

Another contender

EDIT: I see @ SmashShadow SmashShadow has my back.

Last edited:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
It doesn't really fit. Too cheerful if that makes sense, plus the song transitions into 3 different parts, something Smash never had.

THIS is perfect for Smash, though.

Another contender

EDIT: I see @ SmashShadow SmashShadow has my back.
Wha!?!?!?!? Too cheerful?! You sir are a fiend! How can this be too cheerful and something like the Mario Bros or Mona Pizza isn't? I don't think too cheerful is a legit reason to not include a song when it comes to Smash.

Also didn't the Jungle Japes song have 2 transitions with the ambiant animal noises and such? And although not the same thing wouldn't something like the underwater Mario Bros theme in Brawl support a song like Grass Land Groove?

Grassland Groove should be in the game. As a matter of fact it should be in every stage!

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It's not really the same genre lol. In retrospect saying too cheerful wasn't the right choice, but this style would just seem out of place. Also the song itself transitions during different part of the stage it plays on, given it a dynamic feel. That wouldn't really work in the context of Smash.

I also personally think Grassland Groove is a weak track compared to the rest, so there's that. :p

Last edited:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
It's not really the same genre lol. In retrospect saying too cheerful wasn't the right choice, but this style would just seem out of place. Also the song itself transitions during different part of the stage it plays on, given it a dynamic feel. That wouldn't really work in the context of Smash.

I also personally think Grassland Groove is a weak track compared to the rest, so there's that. :p
I didn't think it was possible to put words together in that specific order. :(

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Sickerbrush symphony for me. They remixed in brawl but the original was better. I also want aquatic ambience, but I think that's too peaceful for a smash game.
Look, I know there is zero chance of this (and I love all your picks, guys -- DK games have the best music), but my favorite Stickerbush Symphony remix is probably the one from Project M... and I've heard them all. It's not overly flashy, it doesn't have the highest quality sound, but it is just the best. I've never even played PM... even though I'm loathed to admit that.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Well anyone is free to have their opinon. But thanks Romance Dawn for the support. Brawl had music way too calmed to be used in it. And I am just enamored with Grassland Groove, both the level and music as they are some of the most beautiful things I've seen in years or games. I know it would be too much to ask, for a stage based on it. But at least have the music. But a stage with all the paper animals would be great!

More Kong music. Donkey Kong Land is quite underated, specially with the original songs it has. This one is my favorite:

It has a cherubish feel to it!

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Well anyone is free to have their opinon. But thanks Romance Dawn for the support. Brawl had music way too calmed to be used in it. And I am just enamored with Grassland Groove, both the level and music as they are some of the most beautiful things I've seen in years or games. I know it would be too much to ask, for a stage based on it. But at least have the music. But a stage with all the paper animals would be great!

More Kong music. Donkey Kong Land is quite underated, specially with the original songs it has. This one is my favorite:

It has a cherubish feel to it!
That's my favorite Donkey Kong Land track, actually! I kinda forgot that game existed, so thanks for the reminder!

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
That's my favorite Donkey Kong Land track, actually! I kinda forgot that game existed, so thanks for the reminder!
LOL hope you are not just being nice to me; as people hardly are here lol.

DKL has a special place in me. It was given to me in the summer of 1995, as an Elementary school graduation present. Sadly the last summer of my childhood. The Sky level is my favorite from the game, next is the blimp music:

That's a mix, gonna look for the original.

Also loved the OP/ED credits muisc:

Chimpanzee Clouds is the name of the Sky level, gonna look for a remix but here is a better version of the original:

The "city" themes are great too:

Blimp Off. is the name of the levels inside the blimp:

This is the only one to include a remix on Chimpanzee Clouds:

Many say they love Stickerbrush Symphony, but my personal favorite is Forest Interlude.

It is beautiful, romantic; yet haunting and whismical. Like I said on Chimpanzee Clouds being the end of my childhood. FI seems like a requiem for it, since when I listened to it, was around the time for the christmas party in jr. high... it made me turn back to what was the whole year... on how my childhood had died... and now I was a teen. In game I see how Diddy and Dixie work together as a couple in order to overcome the evil in their way. That is why I feel it is romantic.

If Chimpanzee Clouds was the summer of 95 song, the following was the one of the summer of 94. Odd that it hardly came to me that my childhood would end next summer:

What the hell! Wish this music was also added as it was dramatic. Can't find the one where DK turns giant.

Wait here it is: maybe a Rock remix would be nice:

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Let me give you huge, huge props for adding DK94 music.

Absolutely adore the game.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I only want Gangplank Galleon to return if K. Rool's in it but I'll leave that for his thread. Anyway, as far as Donkey Kong himself and other music goes, Bad Boss Boogy and Fungi Forest (think Dogadon battle style) would be cool new themes to hear. And if they've got time, they should add this in too.

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
If it were up to me I'd have every song from DK64 in the game, but because I know that will never happen the one I think is best suited to a Smash Bros Battle is Angry Aztec.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Here's my list of DKC music I think we'll get:

Wii U (Mine Cart Tour stage)
--DK Island Swing (yet another new remix)
--DK Island Swing (Brawl version)
--Opening Theme (new remix)
--Gangplank Galleon (new remix)
--Stickerbrush Symphony (new remix)
--Bramble Blast (Brawl version)
--Rocket Barrel Theme (new remix)
--Mine Cart Madness (new remix)
--Fear Factory (new remix)
--Crocodile Cacophony (new remix)

3DS (Jungle Japes, Sunset Shore stage):
--Jungle Japes (Melee)
--DK Rap (Melee)
--Sunset Shore (DKCR)
--Opening Theme (DKCR)

DKC3 and Tropical Freeze are, I think, going to get snubbed.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
DKC3 and Tropical Freeze are, I think, going to get snubbed.
I could understand thinking that for DKC3 since it has been shafted for 3 games now but why Tropical Freeze. The Wii U version of the game isn't coming out until at the earliest late November which gives them plenty of time to take music from this game.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I could understand thinking that for DKC3 since it has been shafted for 3 games now but why Tropical Freeze. The Wii U version of the game isn't coming out until at the earliest late November which gives them plenty of time to take music from this game.
One, I've noticed that DKC sequels continually get snubbed for content in Smash games (barely anything from 2 thus far and nothing from 3), and I expect that to continue here, with Returns overshadowing Tropical Freeze.

Two, I think Tropical Freeze's music is too new for any tracks to be considered necessary for the game. Don't get me wrong, I think the soundtrack of one of gaming's finest, but there's no consensus as to what the best tracks are...you have some people claiming Seashore War, others claiming Punch Bowl, others claiming Horn Top Hop...pretty much every song is so excellent to the point where none stand out above the rest like Stickerbrush Symphony did for DKC2.

I'd absolutely love to be proven wrong, of course.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
One, I've noticed that DKC sequels continually get snubbed for content in Smash games (barely anything from 2 thus far and nothing from 3), and I expect that to continue here, with Returns overshadowing Tropical Freeze.

Two, I think Tropical Freeze's music is too new for any tracks to be considered necessary for the game. Don't get me wrong, I think the soundtrack of one of gaming's finest, but there's no consensus as to what the best tracks are...you have some people claiming Seashore War, others claiming Punch Bowl, others claiming Horn Top Hop...pretty much every song is so excellent to the point where none stand out above the rest like Stickerbrush Symphony did for DKC2.

I'd absolutely love to be proven wrong, of course.
Guess we've just gotta trust that the noise from the fans and reviewers of the music score made a large enough splash to get some tracks in. There was a huge buzz about David Wise being in the game so that would've surely caught someone's attention. Also, if almost every track is golden then you can't go wrong with pretty much any choice. Maybe what music that gets in will depend on the stage and I have a pretty good suspicion that the 75M stage won't be making it in potentially opening up some more song slots for the DK franchise. Who knows?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I really, really hope we don't get a second Arcade stage for that very reason...if 75m is any indication, it would be sacrificing 5-9 excellent music tracks in favor of...blips and beeps. Not to mention that one would be almost guaranteed to be a gimmicky pile of dung.

Listening to the Rocket Barrel theme from the Direct, I think there's a solid chance David Wise was brought onboard to compose a few DK tracks for this game. The remix matches his jazzy style almost to a T, so whether or not any of his new tracks get in, I certainly think he'll have some role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom