• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

DaiRDev1L

Hero of Hyrule
I'm gonna eventually make a cool signature emblazoned with all of my names, Lil' Jeffy being the foremost of which.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Nah you shouldn't have to bring a tv, KO has like 9 tvs lol its crazy. I'm going to try to get there as early as I can, so as to maximize the amount of fun times.

The Piano Playing Pony

Smash Rookie
Tullahoma, Tennessee, United States, Planet Earth
Hey! I live down in Tullahoma, and was thinking about going over to one of your tourneys sometime with a buddy of mine. However, twelve o-clock in the afternoon conflicts with--well, high school. With that being said, I was thinking about coming on a Friday during my fall break, which is from the 7th of October to the 21st. However, I'm going to the Comicon in Nashville from the 18th till the 20th (Maybe you guys are going?), so I might pop by on the 11th. I just wanted to give you a heads up and let you know so you can expect me (not being a usual visitor and all.). Although I'm only fifteen, I try to be mature around adults and keep my mouth shut when I know I should. I wouldn't want to go over there and be a thorn in your side the whole time--I'll just be there to smash and hang out (that's the purpose right?^^). Anyway, I'm really looking forward to hanging out with you guys sometime! And on an earlier topic, will you be attending the Nashville Comicon? I will be there myself, and I don't really know if people will have their own little smash tournaments set up there? Anyway, if you'll let me know that would be great, and once again, I'm really looking forward to smashing one Friday night!

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
hey we play on saturdays now Pony. And also these are not tournaments. These are just get togethers.

Also I SHOULD be home on fridays night barring some unfortunate change of plans.

Also again - YAY smashboards is back.

The Piano Playing Pony

Smash Rookie
Tullahoma, Tennessee, United States, Planet Earth
Hmm.. I've heard a bit about Project M and have considered it a few times. However I main Kirby, and if I give it a try, I'm going to do it when they release Kirby. If you would be able to persuade me to play PM over Brawl, I might get into it more. I'm one of those people who like to experience the things the way they were meant to be experienced (Playing the actual game instead of a mod). I've heard it's a lot more balanced and everything, but is it really that smooth? What other things can you say that might make me switch to Project M?

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Hmm.. I've heard a bit about Project M and have considered it a few times. However I main Kirby, and if I give it a try, I'm going to do it when they release Kirby. If you would be able to persuade me to play PM over Brawl, I might get into it more. I'm one of those people who like to experience the things the way they were meant to be experienced (Playing the actual game instead of a mod). I've heard it's a lot more balanced and everything, but is it really that smooth? What other things can you say that might make me switch to Project M?
1. All characters have been revised to be more able to hold their own. There is no garbage tier in this game. Meaning that you not only have basically new characters to learn, but also you have to learn new matchups, which is a breath of fresh air.
2. More control of characters to a degree Brawl could not have accomplished (wavedashing, L-cancling, ledge canceling, easier teching windows, no accidental bufffers, etc).
3. Some old (Melee), new (Dracula's Castle, etc), and revised stages (Lylat, PS2).
4. Freaking taunt canceling! (From Smash64)
5. And, most recently, the ability to add new characters! (Roy is confirmed for P:M 3.0! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O41m5WoH6gQ)

I started off as a Brawl player, who more or less moved on to P:M. I still try to play Brawl competitively, and I try to play Melee and Smash64 competitively too (and I enjoy doing so). But there are so many good things about P:M that it's worth trying out at least once!

And even if you don't like it, I'm sure KO would still play Brawl with you. He may not like it, but he'll most likely play. He loves seeing new members in the middle TN Smash community.

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
I see. Pretty cool

I also forgot to mention that it's possible to play P:M online! The main chatroom that I know of to find P:M matches is in a Xat chatroom called DaBessDI: http://dabessdi.blogspot.com/

That's where I mainly get my P:M practice. Nearly everyone there is really nice and would be willing to help you out if you need it.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Is anyone here from Memphis? I'm at Ole Miss and I wanted to know if any other Smashers (preferably Brawl) live there.

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
There's a small community in Memphis, but I don't know anyone who plays Brawl. It's all old time Melee players and a few people picking up PM.

Handorin

Smash Hero
If you have a FB, then there's always an event that pops up about a tournament every couple weeks. That's usually the best bet for them since it seems like they don't go on smashboards much anymore.

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
Hey I know you guys are at a tourney today, but will you be having that weekly meet up this friday? I just went to my first pm tournament and got 5th despite only really ever playing the last time I went to your weekly meet up. I'd love to learn more about the pm mechanics and info about various match ups and just generally play some smash.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
I might come to the meet-up as well (if we're having it), should someone find time to drive me. I'll bring my friends if possible, too.

yoshiiscool

Smash Journeyman
They're moved to saturday in general, but there are still normally a couple here on friday, depending on when you come. I'll be here all weekend, lil' jeffy (dairdevil) will be here on friday with me, but KO and pickle will only be here on saturday. So it depends on whenever you can make it, but yea there's almost always smash going on, just let someone know. (btw for those that don't know, I'm ko's roommate, so yea...) If there's enough interest, I can usually convince people to come x day, anyways, it's pretty flexible.

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
Well I can definitely come Friday, but maybe not Saturday. So I'd prefer to come on this Friday if there is interest. What times do you play generally on fri/sat?

DaiRDev1L

Hero of Hyrule
I'll def be there Friday. Fun Melee and/or P:M times will be had. Good stuff Zilyn for 5th place :3 Hey guys I think we should add Tipped Off 9 to our possible tournament attendance schedule. If you register before November 4th it's $15, after its $20 (or $25 at the door). I'm really interested in this one as well as Pound V.5 and of course Kumite. Prob won't be going to Apex cause ca$h is short and classes start that Monday. But yeah, what do you guys think about Tipped Off 9?

ObeseDK

Smash Rookie
Hello all. I'll be staying in Tullahoma for a few days next week. Will you guys be playing either next Friday or Saturday?

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
So will there still be people there today? Because if there isn't a big group I may just stay on campus today and swing by tomorrow for a little while then.

Top Bottom