• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

music ban list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
That's a good point. It's really all situational, if jiggs was at a high enough damage, she would die first, if you were at a high enough damage, you would die first.

BUT, what if the jiggs has more than 1 life?

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
That's not the point, the point is, you can die for no reason in a match for money. If you were on your last life in the last match of the finals of a tournament, and you were about to falcon punch for the win and get hit by a bob-omb, would you be angry?
As much as I support items in tournaments, and I do, I must concede this point. It actually happens more often then you'd think. I've had bob-ombs and exploding capsules spawn straight into a smash attack that I'm charging. Thankfully, Brawl has a solution, as you can turn of explosive items. With explosives and bob-ombs off, this should make items in the tournmanet scene possible, theoretically.

Personally, I just find it hilarious, but I can understand tournament goers getting very upset. I'd be rather pissed if I was knocked out a tournament because of this.

Dr. Wario

Smash Cadet
That's a good point. It's really all situational, if jiggs was at a high enough damage, she would die first, if you were at a high enough damage, you would die first.

BUT, what if the jiggs has more than 1 life?
Then this isn't a fight to the death for both parties, as stated.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
The thing I've always hated about arguments regarding items is the fact that items really are situational.

You and your opponent both have every chance to be hit by random spawned items. You and your opponent both have chances to hit and obtain a Smash Ball and even try to get it back from whoever got it.

It's entirely situational. A strong item could spawn by you, by your opponent, in the middle or in the middle of nothing.

It's the same random chances for both of you, so I don't really see why it matters. Only problem I've ever had with items is them being in my way, so I pick them up and throw them away unless they will be of some random use to me.

And with stages, I don't understand the big deal of "walk off" stages, or this whole "unfair defensive position". No defensive positions are really unfair, it's a matter of people not wanting to deal with going to get them out of their defensive position. The only stages I ever turn off are scrolling stages for being annoying to even play on, and Brinstar Depths for rotating and making it impossible to win.

Hyrule Temple I understand solely for tournament play because it will basically make the match last forever and that one-on-ones really aren't that fun on it and that in 4-player matches, the camera gets moved horribly. Same with Yoshi's Island N64.

I just... really don't understand some of the bannings and such.

And don't get me wrong. I rarely play with items, and when I do, I turn off most overpowering ones, the fan (for being annoying), Pokeballs, Red Shells, Healing (except Food) and Bob-ombs (simply because they walk around and sometimes boxes have like 5 of them) and most 1-on-1 fights I play are on FD or something similar.

Just saying I still don't really understand some of the bans or the logic.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
I can easily see people blaming the "music" on why they lost...
It's sad, I know...

But a true Smash veteran can adapt to any change in the playing field, whether it be stage, item, a particular opponent, or even BGM. I play that way.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
This is utterly ridiculous.

There will NEVER be a music ban list just because "Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I don't LIKE this song..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom