• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mupen64k Has Arived

felix45

Smash Lord
no.....he uses some plugin or something that helps him DI but I dont know what it is (or care to know) but I do know that he uses it to help him DI which is cheating really.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I think D.I. should be based on skill not programs!

Gay
I partially agree but I think if everyone had the same advantage for more DI then it would be a slightly different game because you could avoid a few more combos.. wouldnt change much though.

Im staying with PJ64k. FTW

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Is the record on mupen working? I've been using that record that plays back games...should I use the direct to AVI instead?

felix45

Smash Lord
Yeah, he has autofire on the analog stick as well.
well **** thats what I was saying from the start :dizzy:

not sure how improved DI with autofire turned into helping with DSHL, but whatever.

so yeah using mupen is no better than using autofire pretty much. I'll just stay with PJ64k until the cheating crap gets removed.

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
Yeah, he has autofire on the analog stick as well.
no i dont use rapid fire on the analog IF I DID I WOULD LOSE 100% OF THE TIME lol if u want to see why ask me the next time i am online

if you see me using di then it is smash di not directional.

Just develop real skill to beat a Kirby player, it's not hard to defeat Kirby.
then if kirby is "not hard" to defeat, the others should be very easy to defeat. you must admit kirby has some of the best characteristics in the game.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
no i dont use rapid fire on the analog IF I DID I WOULD LOSE 100% OF THE TIME lol if u want to see why ask me the next time i am online

if you see me using di then it is smash di not directional.
You told me one time that it was hard for you to smash attack or direct Ness's up B (Or something like that) because you had autofire on the analog stick o_O

leviathan_

Smash Journeyman
The online feature doesnt even work for me : / I loaded up Kaillera, waited about 5 minutes and nothing going. . .

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
then if kirby is "not hard" to defeat, the others should be very easy to defeat. you must admit kirby has some of the best characteristics in the game.
Depends on the kirby. Most kirby newbs are really, really predictable, so get inside their heads , see their patterns and take advantage. GG kirby nub.

thats what smash is about afterall, adapting to the other persons playstyle and pwning it.

malva00

Smash Master
don't anyone download from the link in the first post it's an old version

just wait for a newer version that fixes a crashing problem

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
You told me one time that it was hard for you to smash attack or direct Ness's up B (Or something like that) because you had autofire on the analog stick o_O
i don't remember saying something like this

maybe i can say something like it now :)
If I had rapid fire on my analog stick, it would be futile for me to dash or guide Ness' Thunder.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Smashboards = slow...
Anyways, is analog range of 80% with deadzone 10% cheating? It's averages out to like, 70% right...?

greenblob

Smash Lord
THIS is what intrests me.. I have a ps2 type controller from logitch.. its top of the line, I paid about 50$ for it at radio shack. It works GREAT for all kinds of emulation.. but....

the control sticks.. the dont understand sensitivity.. I tried every possible deadzone adjustment in PJ64k but to no result.

Thing is, no matter what I do if I press forward on the control stick even EVER SO SLIGHTLY like enough to make mario walk 1 meter per minute in mario 64...

I dash. Its not THAT bad because with a VERY FAST tap I can pivot! (thank god I can pivot)

But theres no walking or tilting ''out of nothing'' for me, I had to do a neutral A jab and then get my tilt out, and I can only walk at one speed.

Its not THAT bad though, I play captain falcon 99% of the time and Ive managed to incorporate ftilt dtilt and utilt (a lot more utlit now) into my game finding ways to get around my controller problems...

but if I could like.. fix it. OMFG.
Is there an option on your controller to switch between the analog stick and the d-pad? If there is, then try turning that off and configuring it.

epidiOn

Smash Cadet
Yeah, well okaygo was testing .6 last night and this morning said it was released.

epidiOn

Smash Cadet
okaygo, I'll start using Mupen once I can play online using Vista lag-free. Right now neither PJ64k or Mupen64k have worked lag-free for me, so I'm only able to play online on a different XP computer.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okaygo: Don't make another post like that. I'll allow it in this thread seeing as it was made for Mupen64k, but don't just post a link to your site.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Ha the moderators on here are serious about not advertising other sites. How about someone work on an emulator for MAC's that allows you to play on Kaillera.. that would be great

malva00

Smash Master
It's cool I played goldeneye for the first time without it desyncing with mupen

there's delay but i'm not super into it so it's still fun

felix45

Smash Lord
mmmm goldeneye online? I must partake in this!

edit: what the ****kk what settings am I supposed to use? I've been messing around with settings for the past hour and nothing works.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
See after the first release and the problems it had i highly doubt people are going to be switching to mupen64k. Im fine with my pj64k. But due to my fraps causing dysinch alot i may use mupen for recording purposes.

W00t 400th post

Top Bottom