• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mupen64k Has Arived

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Yes it has arived. No gameshark but it has everything unlocked. ALSO U CAN RECORD!!! And its got better di for controller users so keyboards have nothing on us now "Cough" Nephiros "Cough" lol.

It rules. Less lag and i think we should KILL pj64k.

To kill pj64k click here and download mupen64k.

Edit : It has been messed up. Okaygo (The creater) Is currently working on a new version. I know hardly anything about this so dont ask me questions plz. Thank you

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think it'll be the end of PJ64k, because people will still want to use Gameshark, but I love the recording feature on Mupen, so this is good news for me, at least. Thanks for the heads up!

Zantetsu

Smash Master
;P Just wanted to be the first to announce it. Right now my recording feature isnt working so im going to have to work on it. But mupen64k Comes with free ssb64 codes so when u start the game everythings unlocked :D

JBSC

Smash Journeyman
lol, i got it to work, but since everyone sticks to pj64k i cant see how useful can be

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Mupen 64k has a built in feature that allows u to record rec. files. After u record the rec. file u can re-record it with an avi file also used in the mupen 64k feature. So it pretty much converts the rec. file u record to an avi file. I'v had some problems with it tho but remember this is still beta. Give it some time :p U can use the regular mupen to record also. Thats how ant-d does his recordings.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
!! And its got better di for controller users so keyboards have nothing on us now "Cough" Nephiros "Cough" lol.
THIS is what intrests me.. I have a ps2 type controller from logitch.. its top of the line, I paid about 50$ for it at radio shack. It works GREAT for all kinds of emulation.. but....

the control sticks.. the dont understand sensitivity.. I tried every possible deadzone adjustment in PJ64k but to no result.

Thing is, no matter what I do if I press forward on the control stick even EVER SO SLIGHTLY like enough to make mario walk 1 meter per minute in mario 64...

I dash. Its not THAT bad because with a VERY FAST tap I can pivot! (thank god I can pivot)

But theres no walking or tilting ''out of nothing'' for me, I had to do a neutral A jab and then get my tilt out, and I can only walk at one speed.

Its not THAT bad though, I play captain falcon 99% of the time and Ive managed to incorporate ftilt dtilt and utilt (a lot more utlit now) into my game finding ways to get around my controller problems...

but if I could like.. fix it. OMFG.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Sounds like Dylan doesn't need it either. Anyway, PS2 style controllers are naturally very sensitive.

malva00

Smash Master
I never heard of this "better DI with controller".

Where did you get that from?

And so far mupen has shown more lag spikes and stuttering than with pj64k

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Lol. Well the plugin used makes the anolog stick really fast if u want. Im not a di master or not even close to it but isnt it the faster ur anolog stick can go (Like on ur choose ur character screen) The better di?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I managed to do the equivalent of the first DI pic once, on Falcon's Uair. It was amazing beans. I'll never be able to do it again...*cry*
Hey malva, do you have like...a text file of people you refuse to play?

felix45

Smash Lord
the second I saw "Improved DI" I thought of those who use autofire and how I hate playing them.

really now anyone who uses this new emu is no better than anyone who uses autofire :/

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Or you could just keep your stick at the same sensitivity...
I run mine at deadzone 10% and range of 80%, what is that...

Top Bottom