• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
i was trying experience mode on the rifts and so far i'm stuck on the first rift due to the black lantern fight, it's tough as frick! and i can't be able to concentrate on using more of Shaggy's zoinks or Wonder Woman's shields because of the lanterns constantly trying to follow me to get the kill.

I tried to switch my perks collection to try another set of power ups but the game doesn't allow me to change them in rift mode, is there a way? or is it like that?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i was trying experience mode on the rifts and so far i'm stuck on the first rift due to the black lantern fight, it's tough as frick! and i can't be able to concentrate on using more of Shaggy's zoinks or Wonder Woman's shields because of the lanterns constantly trying to follow me to get the kill.

I tried to switch my perks collection to try another set of power ups but the game doesn't allow me to change them in rift mode, is there a way? or is it like that?
Perks are active? I thought they were usable in PVP only and the gems were for rifts only.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Perks are pvp only. Gems are pve only.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
We’re getting a Multiversus comic later this year. Have an image:

cachedImage.jpg

In this comic, Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman have strange dreams involving a rabbit, a star child, and a witch. They find the rabbit who turns out to be Bugs Bunny. But who could the star child and witch be?

Edit: There’s more:

cachedImage.jpg

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

View attachment 391043
In this comic, Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman have strange dreams involving a rabbit, a star child, and a witch. They find the rabbit who turns out to be Bugs Bunny. But who could the star child and witch be?
There's gonna be a lot of Lore explained here is there? also Scooby!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 391043

View attachment 391044
I would assume the star child is Steven universe

HyperSomari64

Smash Master

View attachment 391043

View attachment 391044
Witch Hazel or one of the Hex Girls

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don’t mean to sound like a Ridley hater in 2008 but Tweety is too small :202:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

View attachment 391043

View attachment 391044
Dang, straight up showing Scooby-Doo and Tweety. Nice.

Wait a second... TWEETY??!!

Also loving the Tom & Jerry attention. Barely and of the characters mention them in-game so having them show up in all 4 of these pictures is really awesome.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion

View attachment 391043

View attachment 391044
why Tweety is there?,i think that Tweety could be a playable character,maybe with Sylvester

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Dang, straight up showing Scooby-Doo and Tweety. Nice.

Wait a second... TWEETY??!!

Also loving the Tom & Jerry attention. Barely and of the characters mention them in-game so having them show up in all 4 of these pictures is really awesome.
Teen Steven is there too, but that probably doesn’t mean much.

Tweety is a shock though I don’t think he’s shown up in anything.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm betting the Star Child and Witch are OCs like Reindog, and the comic serves to introduce them. If the "star child" was Steven, it wouldn't be much of a mystery given he's on the cover

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay, what is this community's problem.

I have never seen a community teabag as much as this one. What the heck?

Faso115

Smash Lord
September 18th is also around 8 weeks after the launch of season 2 or close enough, which means that Wicked Witch of the West might be revealed through the comic for Season 3

Last edited:

I think it's very cute that Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are pretty much the defacto main characters of MVS. The animations, artwork and dialogue spread already hinted at it but the comic further leans into it. Nice.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Okay, what is this community's problem.

I have never seen a community teabag as much as this one. What the heck?
I don't see a lot. Although for some reason, whenever I do get one, it's almost always someone playing Black Adam.

That said, I do find a lot of taunters and people playing as if they were playing Melee.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I think it's very cute that Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are pretty much the defacto main characters of MVS. The animations, artwork and dialogue spread already hinted at it but the comic further leans into it. Nice.
I kinda figured Shaggy was the de-facto main character since he's the guy you play as in the tutorial and has the most actual lore centered around him.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Tweety being playable would be... something I guess. He's probably my least favorite of the major Looney tunes aside from maybe Foghorn Leghorn. He's fairly popular tho in pop culture in general so I guess he would make sense, but I just hope that if he's in it doesn't mean that Daffy or Wile E. Coyote comes much later.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For the record, yes, this comic's existence was leaked by PapaGenos over a year ago, including the "rabbit, star child, and witch" bit. The first two are Bugs and Steven, and the third is the Wicked Witch. According to PapaGenos, the entire reason this comic was put on hold despite being complete for like a year and a half is because the Wicked Witch is a major character but she hasn't been confirmed for the game yet.

Considering the datamine basically confirming the next four are Aquaman, Nubia, Powerpuff Girls, and Samurai Jack, that should last until roughly the end of August, which would likely make Wicked Witch and Beetlejuice the September characters and line up with the comic releasing in mid-September.

Faso115

Smash Lord
For the record, yes, this comic's existence was leaked by PapaGenos over a year ago, including the "rabbit, star child, and witch" bit. The first two are Bugs and Steven, and the third is the Wicked Witch. According to PapaGenos, the entire reason this comic was put on hold despite being complete for like a year and a half is because the Wicked Witch is a major character but she hasn't been confirmed for the game yet.

Considering the datamine basically confirming the next four are Aquaman, Nubia, Powerpuff Girls, and Samurai Jack, that should last until roughly the end of August, which would likely make Wicked Witch and Beetlejuice the September characters and line up with the comic releasing in mid-September.
I dunno about Beetlejuice but given that it's releasing around the time Season 3 should start (if season lasts 8 weeks like season 1) i think all the characters mentioned or seen in the comic panels today are probably dropping in Season 3. So Scooby, Tweety and Wicked Witch

Granted, first season technically got 4 characters and season 2 seems to also been 4 characters, so there's a chance season 3 is also 4

Last edited:
I kinda figured Shaggy was the de-facto main character since he's the guy you play as in the tutorial and has the most actual lore centered around him.
I feel like Shaggy's just a mascot of MVS and an introductory protagonist that's phased out by the real protagonists. I mean the Rifts mode doesn't really focus on Shaggy or feature him much at all past the tutorial, Shaggy is consistently in the back of everything or has a DC main character sharing the spotlight with him whenever Shaggy gets that moment to shine. Everything MVS related consistently centers around DC and the main trio.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Assuming Season 3 has four characters, I think the lineup will be Raven, Beetlejuice, Wicked Witch, and either Marceline or Scooby Doo. It's a fairly good lineup for a Halloween/Horror season imo.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Finally beat the black lanterns this morning by equipping the power up gems, so now i don't have to worry about dealing with not progressing into normal mode but now i know what to do if i try the harder difficulties.

Also, apparently i never beat rift 2 which is strange since i thought i did beat it.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Not sure if it will affect roster choice but hey: Foster's home for imaginary friends is getting a new show (alongside Adventure time, Scooby Doo and Regular show, but Adventure time and Scooby Doo are already in the game and Regular show is already heavily discussed so it's less noteworthy). https://x.com/cartoonnetwork/status/1801666915728818646

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Not sure if it will affect roster choice but hey: Foster's home for imaginary friends is getting a new show (alongside Adventure time, Scooby Doo and Regular show, but Adventure time and Scooby Doo are already in the game and Regular show is already heavily discussed so it's less noteworthy). https://x.com/cartoonnetwork/status/1801666915728818646
Hopefully it's Bloo, i get there are few folks who want Wilt but bloo's still the series' iconic character/mascot plus you can make up some good dialogue with him or find him fun in some way.

Top Bottom