• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multiple hits on the arial forward-b?

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I was messing around with some computers today before I had to goto work and I was playing sheik against a computer Ganon. Basically, on Dreamland 64, I was below the left platform and the computer was above me yet below the platform and did his forward b. It hit me twice somehow, I think the first hit might of been a phantom, but can anyone explain this?

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Hold up, how would Ganon have a phantom... Explain deeper?
When the attack hitbox is tangent with the opponents hitbox, a phantom occurs. You will probably see opponent get all flashy for a moment, as if they got hit, but they won't fly back at all. The damage is cut in half

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
When the attack hitbox is tangent with the opponents hitbox, a phantom occurs. You will probably see opponent get all flashy for a moment, as if they got hit, but they won't fly back at all. The damage is cut in half
What do you mean 'When the attack hitbox is tangent with the opponents hitbox'?

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
In Doraki's DI guide it says you can Smash DI a phantom hit into a real hit. Maybe that's what happened?

Top Bottom