• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multiple Final Smashes per character

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I had this idea that could be interesting in SSB4, in which the same character could have several different Final Smashes, selectable before the match.

this is not different from Super Street Fighter 4, where you choose between two Ultra moves after selecting a character.

so the idea is to put this into SSB4. perhaps two or three Final Smashes per character?

I had some ideas for some veteran fighters:

Luigi:
Negative Zone - Same as Brawl.
Poltergust 3000 - Vacuums the foe and shoots him/her in the direction of the stick.
Lightning Finale - Similar as Mario Finale, with lightning bolts. A reference to the Mario & Luigi RPGs.

Bowser:
Giga Bowser - Same as Brawl.
Koopa Clown Car - Rides the Clown Car, where you can drop powerful fireballs or drop Mecha Koopas to wreak havoc on the stage.
Doom Fireball - Shoots a massive fireball, burning anything that gets on its way.

Toon Link:
Triforce Slash - Same as Brawl.
Ballad of Gales - Plays the Wind Waker and summons a massive cyclone damaging and launching foes like crazy.
Spirit Train - Similar to Captain Falcon's Blue Falcon. Rams the enemies with the train from Spirit Tracks.

Pit:
Palutena's Army - Same as Brawl.
Three Sacred Treasures - Equips the treasures giving infinite flight and boosted moves. Similar to Wario Man.
Great Sacred Treasure - Hops on the Great Sacred Treasure and fires a massive laser on the stage.

Wario:
Wario-Man - Same as Brawl.
Wario Bomb - Drops a large bomb (like the one from WarioWare), which blows up in a large area with massive damage.
Nuclear Waft - See Brawl's E3 2006 trailer.

What do you think? Good or bad idea? Suggestions are welcome.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
dude i already made a thread for this.

edit- 400th post.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I don't see this happening due to the time constraints on the game. That would take a great deal of extra programming.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Per what volbound1700 said. All fighters should just stick with one Final Smash, as it'll be easier on the programmers.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
If you care about balance, then if I were you, I would just try to forget this kind of customisation. It basically equals twice as may options to balance. And this is much.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah plus I don't think the developers can think of three final smashes for "every" character in the game. That would take quite a lot of time and work. May be for the best if we just stick with one Final Smash right?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah plus I don't think the developers can think of three final smashes for "every" character in the game. That would take quite a lot of time and work. May be for the best if we just stick with one Final Smash right?
I guess you're right. but it's not bad to ponder such possibilities, is it?

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I think it's a good idea and I have even thought about it myself. If you guys think 3 is too much to have then how about 2?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I'd rather see less "huge" final smashes. Rather more smaller simpler ones that are more like juiced up versions of attacks they already possess. Like Mario gets a boost on his tornado spin, link's sword spin obtains fire damage, yoshis egg toss gets a bigger boom.

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
Only thing I could think to add is they should make the final smash command activate with a taunt instead of the B moves. By doing so you'd be able to fight regularly and conserve the final smash when you'd need it. The game already has multiple inputs for taunts so its just a quick button mapping switch. Likewise you could "aim" what smash you would want; for example pk starstorm from brawl would be used by taunting UP. Should Ness finally be able to use Pk Rockin' that would be taunting left or right (finishing blow would send enemies either left or right depending on what you press when activating). Down taunt would activate a power shield deflecting damage (50%) back at the enemy just like the game.

Bottomline: Instead of pressing B to use one final smash, you'd taunt to select from three or four different ones so you can still fight normally.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's hard enough coming up with moves for characters like Ice Climbers and Captain Falcon, they don't need any more Final Smashes.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I've said it before, I'll say it again: It would be awesome if each character had 1 "Super attack" final smash (like Mario's Fireball, Luigi's Negative Zone, Donkey Kong's stupid Jungle Beat final smash, the 2 Link's Triforce Slash, and Ike's Great Aether) and 1 "Super transformation" (like Bowser's Giga Bowser, Diddy Kong's Rocket Barrel Barrage, Fox/Falco/Wolf's Landmaster, Sonic's Super Sonic, and Mr. Game and Watch becoming a Giant Octopus of DEATH!!!)

That way we could see many different sides of each character. Plus, we could finally play as *gasp* BEAST GANON!!!!!!!!!

Unsmashable Ice

Smash Rookie
Well well...

That is a great idea, however there should also be a system to go with it. The extra final smashes should go into levels and your person should have to collect 2 more smash balls in order to use the highest level one. In a way I'm saying that there should be a stacking of final smashes. You could hold down the button a little bit longer to use the next level one.
If they took this long to start planning the new smash bros then they'd better give us the ride of our lives on this one. Anyone?

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
I've said it before, I'll say it again: It would be awesome if each character had 1 "Super attack" final smash (like Mario's Fireball, Luigi's Negative Zone, Donkey Kong's stupid Jungle Beat final smash, the 2 Link's Triforce Slash, and Ike's Great Aether) and 1 "Super transformation" (like Bowser's Giga Bowser, Diddy Kong's Rocket Barrel Barrage, Fox/Falco/Wolf's Landmaster, Sonic's Super Sonic, and Mr. Game and Watch becoming a Giant Octopus of DEATH!!!)

That way we could see many different sides of each character. Plus, we could finally play as *gasp* BEAST GANON!!!!!!!!!
I like it. Maybe then we can also play as *gasp* WOLF LINK!

EDIT: FIFTIETH POST! IN TWO DAYS, NONETHELESS!

Bionichute

Smash Champion
PLAYSTATION ALLSTARS DID IT FIRST!!!!!!
Jokes aside, it would be very interesting to see what they could come up with.

Top Bottom