• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multi-Purpose Training Stage

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I have designed a stage on which you can practice many of Pit's advanced techniques. Blueprints below:

The bottom area can be used to practice techniques such as wingdashing, ART, and Angel Step. The top area can be used to practice arrow guiding and glide maneuvers. When practicing arrow guiding in the top area, the objective is to start from one of the blocks on either side, follow the curves as closely as possible and guide your arrow through the green "goal" on the other side. For gliding maneuvers, it is best to begin on top of one of the "goals". To make the camera focus on the entire stage, set the CPU to attack and make it follow you to one of the starting points. Then set it to stop while it is at a starting point and move to the other one. I practice on the top area often and I can already see improvements in my dexterity. I hope you guys find it useful.

NOTE: I don't have the capability to make a video of the stage in action, so I simply photographed it.

Felis

Smash Cadet
I like this very much, Especially the arrow guide part

if you want you can make the video and send it to me, I have a small camera that can record, not the best quality but its better than nothing. I can use that to record till someone else with better equipment than me comes along to record

kupo15

Smash Hero
Personally, I don't think that any arrow or gliding training stage is useful. I tried making one and it didn't work very well either. I think on paper the concept is good, but it doesn't really help as expected. The best way to get good at your arrows is to use them in game. That is the only way I think you can get better with them. I think that training stages need to be very specific and certain AT's naturally work with what the stage builder has to offer.
For example, I think my Wingdashing and Lucario training stages work very well. It is made for players of all skill levels learning the tech.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Lucario training stage? I never heard about that...and what I meant by my stage is a failure is that no one is interested in it. It works wonders for me. I've yet to see someone dodge my Wave Arrow.

kupo15

Smash Hero
yea I made a training stage to help my Lucario friend get better at the Up B>wall stick recovery. I still don't think an Arrow training stage is that helpful. Maybe a little to get comfortable with moving the arrow, but if it works for, then go for it. But I don't see how your wingdashing section helps anymore than FD esp for the beginner. Sorry >_<
I don't intend to be mean at all btw

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I'm just pointing out that you don't have to leave and pick a new stage if all of a sudden you decide to practice wingdashing. I never said it was the best place to practice wingdashing. And I know that your fighting style is very close-combat oriented, and so is mine, but for someone who uses arrows often this might help.

Xigbar

Smash Cadet
I've made two training stages that have helped me out tremendously...but they only help so far. Like Kupo15 said, they only help to get you comfortable with the arrow tech. you are practicing. The real challenge is actually using them in a match and using them effectively. Now that takes practice lol. Once in awhile i'll pull out the training stages to review my adv. techs, but besides that i just play people to get all my arrow techs. practice.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Well, I did make a stage tonight. It may not be the best, but it could be useful. The stage is thus:

Size: Medium
Background: Outside
Music: Underworld
Comment: n/a

I put one block on each size of the top corner. I made two spaces apart horizontally. So you should have a total of four blocks on top, two on each side. Vertically, starting from the corner blocks down, I have two more blocks for each side, both are also spaced by two. The bottom platform where you stand on is one space above the lower part. There is a total of fourteen blocks. So, it should look something like this.

*..*......*..*
*...............*
*...............*

The astrik marks represent the blocks. I'll try to get a picture if I can. The periods are irrelevant. I was thinking of using this to learn how to get my arrows through tight spots so that I would have better control.

I'm having Mario jump...a lot. Poor Mario. Hehe. Time to practice my arrow skills!

Ryazan

Smash Ace
It's pretty nice, I built it for myself only I extended the bottom platform so that it fills the whole row. The arrows barely turn tightly enough to make it, but it's manageable.

kupo15

Smash Hero
if you want to get good training for your arrow control, I suggest going to random levels in training mode and releasing Smash balls. Try to hit the moving target all the time.
If someone can make a good custom stage for this method, please share. I will try to make one myself. Make sure it is crazy for extreme situations. My most extreme situation was in doubles. Pit and Ganon vs Pit and ROB on Corneria. The other Pit was forced to fly under the ship to the other side. I noticed this, went for the snipe but missed. If you dont know, there isn't much room down there at all and it is somewhat of a blind shot. I doubt any smashballs will go there for you to practice so keep this in mind when you make your stages. Include a penalty for going too low like spike or something so you are under pressure.

That vid will be availible soon. It may be the one that includes Footstool to Corneria laser ^_^

kupo15

Smash Hero
but you need practice shooting pits that go under the stage as well and in extreme situations. The smash ball will never go under the stage which doesnt make for good practice for sniping pits or metas gliding under.

I think that the banned too crazy stages might be useful for this also.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I can loop my arrows around FD like childs play now it's very easy, i can loop a single arrow atleast 7 times before I lose it.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I am not talking about arrow looping but just accuracy with the straight arrow. Why would you loop an arrow to gimp a Pit flying under the stage when you can drop down and shoot? The arrow loop is not fast enough. This also comes in handy for helping your partner out in teams. Its just a suggestion for a substitute for a human player.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
i try to hit the balloons on smashville but i geuss smashballs are a good idea. I think i should try neew pork with smashballs XD

kupo15

Smash Hero
i was thinking that but I don't think that is the best option because it is too zoomed out. Because of this, you can see the arrows flight better which is disorienting and takes away from the feel. I think you should practice with a relatively similar zoom.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
How do you do ART and Angelic step? I tried to find this one video that did show Angelic step but somehow it disappeared... Is it spot dodge while holding the control stick the opposite direction you are facing and then once you get out of the dodging animation, you tap the control stick in the direction you were facing? I have been doing it this way and I seem to always just have myself spot dodging by itself or spot dodging into a walk...

Top Bottom