• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multi-Franchise Hybrid Stage Ideas

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I was inspired by a twitter post, so for better context, in PlayStation All Stars, the stages are combinations of two different franchises, and I wondered about something like that in Smash and how you guys would pull it off.

So in this thread, here is the time to suggest any combinations you'd think would like or would work well.
You may use existing stages or come up with new stages to merge.

I'll start, here's mine

Jubilife City (Pokemon) + Sienne (Fire Emblem)
Flipside (Super Paper Mario) + Final Trial (Pikmin)
Neverwinter (Neverwinter Nights) + Ravaged Beach (Baldur's Gate)
N Sanity Beach (Crash) + Destiny Island (Kingdom Hearts)

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
This is an interesting thread idea. I'll give my jab of ideas.

Spiral Mountain (Banjo-Kazooie) + Kongo Falls (Donkey Kong)
N. Sanity Beach (Crash Bandicoot) + Artisans (Spyro the Dragon)
Band Land (Rayman) + Yoshi's Island (Yoshi)
Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog) + Mushroom Kingdom (Super Mario)

I feel that BK x DK would be neat as they have many connections (Such as both of their franchises being developed by Rare at one point, and Banjo originating in a DK spinoff game.). Spyro and Crash as they are both PSX icons and are highly connected, as well as each series referencing one another frequently. Both Rayman and Yoshi's game worlds and stages are highly vibrant and energetic, and I feel it's a great match. And finally, Sonic and Mario simply because they are both the first level of both game icon's respective game debuts, Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario Bros. for Sonic and Mario respectively.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I thought about this a long while back...but I only had one good idea. I call it Mushrooms.
1622617618641.png

It starts out in the skies, with a layout inspired by the Athletic stages from the New Super Mario Bros. series. The layout is mainly based on the giant Mushroom platforms. There are no hazards beyond simply having some ? Blocks and Bricks you can interact with.

1622618008048.png

After a while, the Flying Battery shows up! Dr. Eggman's powerful warship drops explosives all over the Mushrooms, causing them to collapse to the ground below...and take the fighters with them!

1622617839545.png

And down on the surface is none other than Mushroom Hill Zone! Here, the stage becomes a walk-off and features those springy mushrooms you can use to bounce into the air. If you wait long enough, Lakitu will show up and hoist the fighters back up into the sky to reset on the athletic mushrooms (which have inexplicably returned).

The possible songs that can play on this stage include:
Phase 1: Athletic Theme - New Super Mario Bros. Wii - YouTube / Phase 2: Mushroom Hill Zone (Act 1) - Sonic & Knuckles [OST] - YouTube
Phase 1: Athletic Theme - New Super Mario Bros. U - YouTube / Phase 2: Mushroom Hill (Act 2) - Sonic Generations 3DS [OST] - YouTube
Phase 1: SMB Sky Theme - Super Mario Maker 2 [OST] - YouTube / Phase 2: Sonic 1 (Game Gear & Master System) Music: Jungle Zone - YouTube

Last edited:
Top Bottom