• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multi-Fighter Stock

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
well here is another thing... if it's all in one battle, that means every character has to be loaded in and ready to come out to fight when it's their turn.

can you imagine attempting that with 50 characters?

3 to 5 seems fine, and those are the number of stocks i typically see used, anyway.
Not really. After all, the game supports loading in 8 characters at once. It's not that difficult to load up, say, the first 3 characters for each side, then when one is eliminated, free up the memory and load in the next in the queue in the background. That way, outside immediate SDs, you'll always have the next character ready to display.

How do you think PM does All-Star VS. with 4 players?

Shoopdawooper

Smash Apprentice
How about this for a change in the crew battle side event:

A sort of mix of smash down and squad strike, combined with regular crew battle procedure.

Here's how it would work. 2 Crews take turns selecting fighters from the css. Once chosen a fighter can't be chosen again (similar to smashdown) With these fighters each crew distributes the fighters into a 3 or 5 fighter squad per crew member. Than a regular crew battle starts, where it's just the number of stocks equaling the number of fighters. If A player wins a match with 1 or 2 stocks/fighters remaining he SD's at the start of the next match like usual.

The benefits of this would be:
A) You get to see a whole lot more characters! Character variety through the roof.

B) It offers a place for those who are well versed in many characters and match-ups

And my personal favorite
C) You get sooo much more opportunities for strategy! You have to take your own crew members' strong characters into account, aswell as your opponents. You can find surprise counter match ups in the midst of matches seinging things around. I really think something like this would be really cool to see.

Top Bottom