• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MU] Wii Fit Trainer

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
WFT can crouch under Link's grab, just FYI. Good to know vs a shielding Link while you're in the air. You can fast fall land without doing an aerial and crouch. Easy to bait Link into a whiffed grab and get a free punish.
Can't Link jab OoS, or is it too slow and high? I would note Dtilt, but historically speaking, that move has always been one of Link's worst. lol

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Probably too high.
Don't think so nice Jab can hit chars who are lying on the ground. Anyways, it's a nice option to have to surprise people. Don't abuse it, use it wisely as to keep the opponent always guessing and doubting.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I mean, if it came down to it, Link could just d-smash out of shield. The point that I was making is that you should be constantly trying to visually trick your opponent to get them to bite on the different spacing traps that you have available to you.

MurderousJohnny

Smash Rookie
Need advice. I fought a wii fit trainer on for glory yesterday. Had a few matches didn't win any. It wasn't cause this person was reading me or had better reflexes or anything like that. I just couldn't get around their strategy. Maybe they where just better but wanted input anyways. The way the first match went was we fought it out and I was winning most of the exchanges so she decided to just runaway. This happened a for few matches but she caught on and realized it was just best to avoid me all together as we played more games....so he/she started to just runaway from the get go and then attack me from of stage. I attempted to just projectile her in response but she was able to just shoot her projectiles back at me and while I could spam more I was taking the bigger risk because her salute the sun was more dangerous. So while we where both racking up damage as the percents went higher it was getting riskier and riskier for me. So at this point I just started attacking her while she would go off map. This semi worked as her movement was limited enough so I could hit her but not enough for me to spike or spike against the stage. SO I would land hits but she wouldn't die. Like Im taking her to 120+ off stage and she wouldn't die. Keep in mind Despite both of us racking up damage she would win because she would just run away and actively avoid me until I was high enough in damage where all it would take is one hit to launch me high enough for her to take control of the situation. Basically what would happen is Id have to take big risk while she just waited me out for the easy kill. I just didn't know what to do. So anyone know how to fight this chick. Im at mediocre/low level player with a 75 percent win rate.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Need advice. I fought a wii fit trainer on for glory yesterday. Had a few matches didn't win any. It wasn't cause this person was reading me or had better reflexes or anything like that. I just couldn't get around their strategy. Maybe they where just better but wanted input anyways. The way the first match went was we fought it out and I was winning most of the exchanges so she decided to just runaway. This happened a for few matches but she caught on and realized it was just best to avoid me all together as we played more games....so he/she started to just runaway from the get go and then attack me from of stage. I attempted to just projectile her in response but she was able to just shoot her projectiles back at me and while I could spam more I was taking the bigger risk because her salute the sun was more dangerous. So while we where both racking up damage as the percents went higher it was getting riskier and riskier for me. So at this point I just started attacking her while she would go off map. This semi worked as her movement was limited enough so I could hit her but not enough for me to spike or spike against the stage. SO I would land hits but she wouldn't die. Like Im taking her to 120+ off stage and she wouldn't die. Keep in mind Despite both of us racking up damage she would win because she would just run away and actively avoid me until I was high enough in damage where all it would take is one hit to launch me high enough for her to take control of the situation. Basically what would happen is Id have to take big risk while she just waited me out for the easy kill. I just didn't know what to do. So anyone know how to fight this chick. Im at mediocre/low level player with a 75 percent win rate.
Did you read all the posts on this thread? because you should since they cover the MU pretty decently.

Now, from reading your posts it does seem that you got outplayed. Link can out spam WFT any day of the week, specially since our HS blocks every projectile WFT has. Learn to use your shield and Hylian Shield to deal with her projectiles. Also, check what Link's kill options are because at 120% off stage you would kill her with a charged arrow. It seems that you need to learn some off stage play as well.

Other than that I can't tell you anything else since there isn't enough information in your post to address any shortcomings you may have.

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
Wii Fit is a bad character with one broken move: sun salutation. It's like a Samus charged shot that heals her.
Stuff like WF.Trainer's sun salutation and Samus' charge shot are the reason online is so unbearable. I was able to avoid those before the update, so I don't know whats going on.

Top Bottom