• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MU] Link General Matchup Discussion

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I need tips for fighting King De De De and Bowser, if anyone has any.

Edit: Never mind. :p

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Archrivals, we at the Ganondorf boards request your input in the Ganondorf v Link matchup.

The link to the matchup thread is here. Thank you.

Last edited:

Be_Mild

Livin' life on the mild side
NNID
BeMild
3DS FC
1676-4317-5374
Can we get a list going of some of the easiest moves for us to punish? I feel like Link has very telegraphed lag on some of his moves but I find myself not knowing if the opponents incoming move is going to leave them open for a punish. If there is a source for that information I would be more than happy to format it for our use. Otherwise I can start off with some obvious ones like Falcon's Down-Special, and Sheik's/ZZS' dair.

Also, probably could've PM'd Lawz or Fox and asked if this was the most appropriate thread for this topic, so move it if you must.

Last edited:

micahismyname

Smash Rookie
NNID
micahismyname
The Ryu discussion is still locked. http://smashboards.com/threads/mu-here-comes-a-new-challenger.406420/#post-19427803

Anyone got advice on how to escape the infinite? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LvVNkMPOyM
I only ran into it once and had trouble DIing out. Didn't try SDIing because I wasn't familiar with that at the time. I did have some success escaping with up b instead of jump, but then I'm drifting helplessly to the ground.

Also, is there anyway you guys could change the titles of some of those MU threads? I'm new here and finding an old MU thread is hard sometimes. For example you can't search for titles with Ryu to get this MU, be cause It's called "Here comes a new challenger." Just a thought.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Quarter circle roll your movement stick to smash DI away. Either up and away so you can jump out, or down and away so you can touch the floor and walk away like that Pikachu. I don't know about Nair.

Top Bottom