• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ms. Pac Man Alt Skin

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
But weird, the name would still being Pac-MAN, so it would be Pacman crossdressing as his wife or girlfriend or whatever she is

KingBroly

Smash Lord
It could be like Bowser Jr, where each alt has a different skin and different announcer call.

Ms. Pac-Man is an obvious choice for an alternate.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Ms Pac-Man and metal sonic would work perfectly since they might as well be the same character anyway. Slap some boots, makeup and a bow on, Boom miss-pac man. Change the character select name add miss to the announcer voice and give her 4 unique palettes too, done

They look basically the same anyway and hitboxes would be in no way an issue
But weird, the name would still being Pac-MAN, so it would be Pacman crossdressing as his wife or girlfriend or whatever she is
I don't think that'd be very hard to change

Last edited:

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Ms. Pac-Man is one of the most simple distaff counterparts to a male video game character ever created, she's just Pac-Man with a bow, pink shoes, eyelashes and lipstick. Changing Pac-Man to Ms. Pac-Man would be really simple, plus it would also mean that the first playable female character in a video game would be in Smash.

I'd seriously be disappointed if Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man got in instead, that design just looks ugly.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Seeing as there are so many male/female alternates for characters now, I immediately considered this possibility.

I'm in full support of it, and I think most people prefer the Ms. Pac-Man arcade game over the original Pac-Man, funny enough.

:093:

loslobos

Smash Cadet
Seeing as there are so many male/female alternates for characters now, I immediately considered this possibility.

I'm in full support of it, and I think most people prefer the Ms. Pac-Man arcade game over the original Pac-Man, funny enough.

Ms. Pac Man is better than the original in every way

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Ms. Pac Man is better than the original in every way
With the most recent demo in Japan, we now know that character names can be changed and still be read by the announcer, making Ms. Pac-Man even more of a logical choice.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So after seeing the newest Famitsu scans, there was no Ms. Pac-Man alt.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm not either.

Honestly, I wish we just had passable alts at this point.
It's just unfortunate that SOME characters get alts, but others don't. Even basic ones I wanted like Peach with a ponytail for her fireball color... Nope.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I heard Ms. Pac-Man's rights are owned by an American company or something, so I could see them deciding not to go through legal troubles just for a different set of clothes and some make-up.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I heard Ms. Pac-Man's rights are owned by an American company or something, so I could see them deciding not to go through legal troubles just for a different set of clothes and some make-up.
Used to be, but Namco owns all rights to her now.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
She didn't make it in it looks like.

The game is imperfect. :(

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Really bad alts.

but hey we got all 7 koopalings though thank god woo yay that's what we really wanted right

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
Ms. Pac Man, as much as I'd like that to happen, will not happen just because Namco is so awkward about that IP. Ms. Pac Man came about as a mod with dubious legality and then ended up becoming almost more successful than Pac Man itself. They don't really include it or reference it unless they absolutely have to, and this is a case where they don't unfortunately. I thought it had a pretty high chance of happening since Nintendo is really focusing on female alts this time... but yeah, there's no getting over Namco's distaste of the Ms. Pac Man property.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I didn't know that at all. Very interesting analysis.

Firelucario

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2664-2218-5783
Ms. Pac Man, as much as I'd like that to happen, will not happen just because Namco is so awkward about that IP. Ms. Pac Man came about as a mod with dubious legality and then ended up becoming almost more successful than Pac Man itself. They don't really include it or reference it unless they absolutely have to, and this is a case where they don't unfortunately. I thought it had a pretty high chance of happening since Nintendo is really focusing on female alts this time... but yeah, there's no getting over Namco's distaste of the Ms. Pac Man property.
Yeah from what I have heard, American publisher Midway asked Namco to quickly make a Pacman sequel in order to keep the cash-cow running. But the making of the sequel ended up taking quite some time. And thus Midway made their own sequel without Namco's approval, based on some rather shady mod of the game. (called Crazy Otto) This resulted into Namco not even recognizing Ms. Pacman's existence for the longest time... And the official sequel of Pacman was Super Pacman and not Ms. Pacman...

Link to the full story on wikipedia

Last edited:

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
How shady.

I see now. I don't think it was an oversight not to include her, but yet another legal issue. So many problems with legal properties hold Smash Bros back for realllllll

One day we'll have a perfect roster

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
How shady.

I see now. I don't think it was an oversight not to include her, but yet another legal issue. So many problems with legal properties hold Smash Bros back for realllllll

One day we'll have a perfect roster
Happens with all big productions.
Awful, eh?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah. It would be cool. Seems like it'd be a bit easier to pull off than most alternate costume requests you see too. Maybe Namco was against it. Not really sure though.

It could take more work to have certain moves change the 8-bit Pac-Man to Ms. Pac-Man.

Last edited:

TunaAndBacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TunaAndBacon
If we can have 8 Koopalings and 8 Villagers, putting Lipstick on Pac-Man doesn't seem to hard.

Top Bottom