• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr.R vs Leo Please Discuss

linkez

Smash Cadet
Might wanna rethink that Shiek matchup. If MK can at least go even with the top 2 characters of the game (Shiek, Rosaluma), hes easily in the top 10.
Not exactly; I think he's viable for tournament play and definitely has a chance against top chars (rosalina, sheik and diddy) but he struggles against some other chars.

I think he gets his best from having at least a secondary character. You take care of lower tier/bad matchups with that char and go mk for everything else

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Not exactly; I think he's viable for tournament play and definitely has a chance against top chars (rosalina, sheik and diddy) but he struggles against some other chars.
No he doesn't struggle with Mario.

I think he gets his best from having at least a secondary character. You take care of lower tier/bad matchups with that char and go mk for everything else
  • Ito dominates his scene without a secondary
  • Tyrant got high placement at CEO and EVO without a secondary
  • Leo won 2 nationals without a secondary
If your good enough and confident then you don't need a secondary, i've been saying this for months and the results are backing me up.

Last edited:

linkez

Smash Cadet
I was not talking about mario now =O

You can win tournaments with fox in brawl (hey yui) but hey, it would still be wise to have a secondary, just in case.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
That's a player choice, fact is MK wins without backup if you're good. If you're not good(or confident that's a huge factor) then its advised to get a secondary.

MK gets invalidated by no one,the MUs he loses are high/top tier i think he loses to 7 in total in the default meta. Sheik doesn't invalidate him nor does ZSS as bad as she atm, therefore he is solo main viable at local,regional amd national level.

I thought you were saying that Mario beats MK in the other thread. My bad.

Edit: He didn't get DQ, he beat Salem and lost to Dapuffster.

Last edited:

linkez

Smash Cadet
My thoughts actually are that way (atm at least, will probably change when i learn more), but i was not referring to Mario in my previous post, that's it =)
(and i don't think it would be a FORCED switch or things like that, nothing on that level)

Funny thing: While sheik was my main char, i used switch to MK when i faced a sheik cause i felt way more confident that way.

Back to the original topic: Is it me or Mr. R is having "bad times" or just inconsistency issues lately?
I feel like he didn't give his best.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
  • Ito dominates his scene without a secondary
  • Tyrant got high placement at CEO and EVO without a secondary
  • Leo won 2 nationals without a secondary
If your good enough and confident then you don't need a secondary, i've been saying this for months and the results are backing me up.
That's a player choice, fact is MK wins without backup if you're good. If you're not good(or confident that's a huge factor) then its advised to get a secondary.

MK gets invalidated by no one,the MUs he loses are high/top tier i think he loses to 7 in total in the default meta. Sheik doesn't invalidate him nor does ZSS as bad as she atm, therefore he is solo main viable at local,regional amd national level.

This is the best news to me, as I have been trying to find a character that I was comfortable solo maining, and it's feeling like MK is just that. These posts made me go "**** yeah!!" out loud, I'm pretty pumped to take my scene by storm with MK, it's bound to happen.

Last edited:

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
Dude that set was AWESOME! I personally think that MK is top tier.

Top Bottom