• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Hadouken's Shiny PSA's (Dark Dry Bowser & Accurate Samus) More to come!

MrHadouken

Smash Cadet
It should be added into the downB move.

iirc, it involves a bunch of If statements checking the position of the controller on certain frames.
I thought that'd be it. I'll check on that later. I'm still not sure since even if it's obvious that it doesn't do any damage, it can be a bit misleading as it is having effects of attacks that do damage. I'll try it out first.
These small changes are great! I really like this kind of stuff. That fire f-smash Roy makes so happy as a Roy main!

Also, how about a blue Fire bird (up B) for Falco? I did one once by myself but I couldn't figure how to change the particles :( The characters would still get burned with fire instead of get aura particles (which was my idea to simulate blue fire) and other small details that didn't fit. Another idea I thought about was adding darkness elements to Zelda's black costume. But that's just if you're in the mood to something else lol.
Thanks. A friend of mine is also a Roy main, so I did that mostly for him.
The Blue Fire Bird sounds nice, but I personally think it'd look a bit weird. I'm not sure about it. But if I get some time, I can see if I can try and post the option for those who'd like it. If you still have what you did so far would be nice, as changing the Up-B's effects itself can be a bit problematic.
The Dark Zelda has been in my mind for a while, and I thought of chanign the Fire effects to Darkness, but Din's Fire is hard for me to edit, so it's going to be left for later.
Don't expect me to do these soon. It takes a while for me and I do some testing with some friends of mine to see if gameplay is not disrupted in any way.

kazan

Smash Apprentice
This thread is awesome! ^__^
Is it possible to do one-slot animation changes as well?

MrHadouken

Smash Cadet
This thread is awesome! ^__^
Is it possible to do one-slot animation changes as well?
It is posible, yeah. However I don't mess around with animations. First because I don't know how to, and second because it's hard to change them without changing the properties of an attack.

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
Thanks. A friend of mine is also a Roy main, so I did that mostly for him.
The Blue Fire Bird sounds nice, but I personally think it'd look a bit weird. I'm not sure about it. But if I get some time, I can see if I can try and post the option for those who'd like it. If you still have what you did so far would be nice, as changing the Up-B's effects itself can be a bit problematic.
The Dark Zelda has been in my mind for a while, and I thought of chanign the Fire effects to Darkness, but Din's Fire is hard for me to edit, so it's going to be left for later.
Don't expect me to do these soon. It takes a while for me and I do some testing with some friends of mine to see if gameplay is not disrupted in any way.
It looks kinda cool imo because, well, Falco is blue and I thought it'd look pretty cool on him lol.
I wish I still had the file, sorry :( It was made for 3.0 anyways so I think it wouldn't be useful.

kazan

Smash Apprentice
It is posible, yeah. However I don't mess around with animations. First because I don't know how to, and second because it's hard to change them without changing the properties of an attack.
ah, alright! i was just wondering if it was possible (:
im probably just going to change the idle animation for a certain character, from an already existing psa ^__^

Kamineigh

Smash Apprentice
Neat stuff you've made! To complete the 'trio' of Samus costumes, will Dark Samus recieve Aura effects, to replicate the appearance of Phazon?

I've got a few ideas, though it's ultimately up to if you feel like them or not.

Idea One: Green Fire Luigi fulfills something I had alway felt Smash had lacked, and that being Luigi inflicting green flames upon his victims. Then you went and showed off Mr. L with Darkness effects. Would it be possible to also give Luigi's purple costume darkness to replicate 'Purple Fire'?

I ask because there's a cool Waluigi mod that goes over Luigi's purple costume, but it looks weird when Waluigi is dishing out green fireballs that leave orange flames.

Idea Two: Related to the above idea. There's a Daisy model out there that replaces Peach's orange costume. Since the Fire Peach/Shadow Queen costumes replace Peach's pink heart effects with Fire/Darkness, respectively, perhaps Aura could be added to Peach's orange costume, so that it causes 'blue fire' when using those attacks?

I main ask because Daisy used bluish attacks in Mario Strikers Charged!, and because the blue effects contrast well with the costume's orange color.

Idea Three: I looked at the list of effects on SmashWiki, and would it be possible to add the coin effect from the Super Jump Punch to Wario's pummel and throws? I'd be a great way to reference Wario Land: Shake-It!
Perhaps it could also be added to his Shoulder Bash and Corkscrew specials, if the coin effect can be used at all?

Again, these are just suggestions, and you can pick from them as you please.

MrHadouken

Smash Cadet
It looks kinda cool imo because, well, Falco is blue and I thought it'd look pretty cool on him lol.
I wish I still had the file, sorry :( It was made for 3.0 anyways so I think it wouldn't be useful.
It's ok. I might try and see how it looks, and if it's good I might upload it.
Neat stuff you've made! To complete the 'trio' of Samus costumes, will Dark Samus recieve Aura effects, to replicate the appearance of Phazon?

I've got a few ideas, though it's ultimately up to if you feel like them or not.

Idea One: Green Fire Luigi fulfills something I had alway felt Smash had lacked, and that being Luigi inflicting green flames upon his victims. Then you went and showed off Mr. L with Darkness effects. Would it be possible to also give Luigi's purple costume darkness to replicate 'Purple Fire'?

I ask because there's a cool Waluigi mod that goes over Luigi's purple costume, but it looks weird when Waluigi is dishing out green fireballs that leave orange flames.

Idea Two: Related to the above idea. There's a Daisy model out there that replaces Peach's orange costume. Since the Fire Peach/Shadow Queen costumes replace Peach's pink heart effects with Fire/Darkness, respectively, perhaps Aura could be added to Peach's orange costume, so that it causes 'blue fire' when using those attacks?

I main ask because Daisy used bluish attacks in Mario Strikers Charged!, and because the blue effects contrast well with the costume's orange color.

Idea Three: I looked at the list of effects on SmashWiki, and would it be possible to add the coin effect from the Super Jump Punch to Wario's pummel and throws? I'd be a great way to reference Wario Land: Shake-It!
Perhaps it could also be added to his Shoulder Bash and Corkscrew specials, if the coin effect can be used at all?

Again, these are just suggestions, and you can pick from them as you please.
For Dark Samus, I did think of that and someone gave me that suggestion, and I might think of doing it. However I try to not add much more things to Samus because of her filesize being so limited.

Idea One: Not sure. Purple Fire is always labeled as Darkness, which is not exactly an attribute I'd give to Waluigi. Normal, Red Fire would be, but I don't feel like making that modification. Also, in PM 3.5 Luigi burns the opponents on Green Fire with his Specials without my modifications.

Idea Two: Peach is a character I don't want to edit much because there is so much going on with her. I saw her .pac fil on PSA and quickly got confused. And Blue Fire will look more weird than anything with Daisy's color IMO, especially because of the contrast.

Idea Three: This might be plausible, but I'll have to think on which attacks. On his pummel (pressing A while grabbing) he already does that in PM, but maybe adding a coin effect to an attack of his might be a fun addition.

Kamineigh

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for replying!

MrHadouken said:
Also, in PM 3.5 Luigi burns the opponents on Green Fire with his Specials without my modifications.
On his pummel (pressing A while grabbing) he already does that in PM
Huh, I must've missed those when reading their pages on SmashWiki.

MrHadouken said:
Not sure. Purple Fire is always labeled as Darkness, which is not exactly an attribute I'd give to Waluigi. Normal, Red Fire would be, but I don't feel like making that modification.
Well the idea was that each plumber had their own effect color. Mario has his red fire, Luigi has his green fire, and Wario has his yellow waft. But ey, I guess I'll try placing Waluigi over the Mr. L costume.

Though that does give me an idea! What if Wario's Waft effects were added to his Down Air and Down Throw, since both involve attacking with his butt?

MrHadouken said:
Peach is a character I don't want to edit much because there is so much going on with her. I saw her .pac fil on PSA and quickly got confused. And Blue Fire will look more weird than anything with Daisy's color IMO, especially because of the contrast.
Huh. Looking back at Mario Strikers Charged! gameplay videos, it seems the blue color only really came into effect while using her Crystal Smash special move, and her only other major move resembled plain old fire, So I guess I'll just place Daisy over the Fire Peach Costume.

MrHadouken

Smash Cadet
Thanks for replying!

Huh, I must've missed those when reading their pages on SmashWiki.

Well the idea was that each plumber had their own effect color. Mario has his red fire, Luigi has his green fire, and Wario has his yellow waft. But ey, I guess I'll try placing Waluigi over the Mr. L costume.

Though that does give me an idea! What if Wario's Waft effects were added to his Down Air and Down Throw, since both involve attacking with his butt?

Huh. Looking back at Mario Strikers Charged! gameplay videos, it seems the blue color only really came into effect while using her Crystal Smash special move, and her only other major move resembled plain old fire, So I guess I'll just place Daisy over the Fire Peach Costume.
You're welcome. I try always to reply everyone to let them know what I think of any ideas I'm given.
Wario's Down Air already does the fart effect if you press the Taunt button on hit in PM. Not something you'd be pulling off other than styling, but it's something. Adding it to the Down Throw might feel redundant, in my opinion.

Kamineigh

Smash Apprentice
Huh, didn't know about the D-air taunt thing. Now I feel kinda like an maroon, asking about things that were already there to begin with,

MrHadouken

Smash Cadet
Huh, didn't know about the D-air taunt thing. Now I feel kinda like an maroon, asking about things that were already there to begin with,
It's ok. I found out about Wario's D-Air Taunt thing like 2 days ago anyways.

Kamineigh

Smash Apprentice
MrHadouken said:
I also don't want to mess with paralyze or electric effects since they also affect the mechanics. Increasing hitlag to a move can lead to unintended combos that would only work with that costume. That is why Dr. Mario's F-Smash now does a Light effect instead of electrocuting.
Hey, I remembered your post about having issues with working with electrical effects, and it reminded me of a post somewhere in KingJigglypuff's topic.

http://smashboards.com/threads/king...updated-to-v3-01-and-mega-charizard-x.344281/

He had found a way around the paralyzing effect, allowing him to implement electrical graphics on Luigi and Mewtwo, without worry about causing them to be more potent than normal Luigi/Mewtwo. This could open up the possibility of making one of the Luigi costumes a 'Thunderhand Luigi'.

Also, I've come up with a few more ideas you could give a look.

DK Fire: While playing Smash3DS, I was working on unlocking DK's other custom specials, and used the white DK with the custom 'Hot Slap' move to help deal with the car enemies.

This gave me an idea. What if DK's white alternate costume had fire and explosion graphics added to certain moves?

Here's the moves that could be made fiery.

Smashes: The Foward and Up smashes could get bursts of fire when his hands clap.
Aerials: Foward Aerial causes a small explosion upon hit.
Specials: Giant Punch causes an explosion upon impact. Hand Slap covers DK's hands in fire.

Tyranitar Charizard: This idea is mainly because I've seen Charizard given the Aura effect to replicate blue fire, but I haven't seen anyone try and give the Tyranitar alt color Luigi's green fire. I feel like it could look interesting.

Aquat-Ike, the Watery Ike: I recently watched Throne of Atlantis. I've always wanted an Aquaman reskin for Ike, but none exist.

I feel like the closest I'd ever get is if Ike's red plate armor costume had most of the fire attacks replaced by water effects, like on Eruption and Quickdraw, as well as splashes being added to certain moves, listed below.

U-tilt, F-smash, landing animation of Aether, and his Dash Attack.

This one is probably impossible, but then it is just an idea.

Anyways, those are all of the ideas I've had recently, and I hope you'll consider a few.

I also hope that link helps you out.

Last edited:

Pkjoan

Smash Apprentice
David, que tal si el traje negro de C. Falcon sacara como un Falcon Punch/Kick/Raptor Boost azul o algo asi.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I came here because I heard there were cool Samus mods. I was pleasantly surprised to find Fire Bros. effects too.

But yeah, as it's been mentioned, 3.6 did add a few effects to the Dark and Light Suits to match her beams, though the Fire Bros. effects are still awesome! Hope you update this!

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
These are really awesome. You seem to be good with effects and what not.

It you're ever looking for a cool reference to make an animation for, the vault could use a mod that gives Lucas's attacks Musical Note GFX and Steel Guitar SFX, akin to Mother 3.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I came here because BO0tz told me to, and all I see is beauty. Mr. Hadouken, your work is of angels.

Here's a thought: Fusion Suit Samus never really used any flame based attacks in Metroid Fusion. It'd be pretty neat if that suit used electricity instead of fire.

Perhaps the Power Suit could do the same with green fire to represent the Plasma Beam and/or Nova Beam, but that's kind of in the "why not" category and less in the "it's totes canon" category, haha, so don't do it

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
This thread hasn't been touched since February and the OP hasn't logged in since then either.

What are you guys doing...
Sorry, I didn't notice how old this thread was, but I never saw it when it was active(though I wish I did..), I just linked it to the PM Arts thread because these special effects need to be recognized by more people.

MrHadouken

Smash Cadet
Since February? Has it been really that long!?
Anyways, I've been really inactive because I'm a med student. You guys figure :p

I had recently updated Accurate Samus (except for Fusion Samus, the filesize is giving me issues), Dry Bowser, Roy and the Fire Bros. But I haven't uploaded them because this computer I use is slow as molasses. Also updated Mr. L's darkness to his alt colors as well.
I might start another thread for the 3.6b versions or just update this one, but it'll have to wait a bit. I want to at least update my 3.6 SSS before making any new upgrades on characters.

Updates in mind:
  • I'm not exactly an expert with importing effects, but I want to try and make Captain Falcon so in his pink costume, his sweetspot knee blows a heart (like Peach's heart) on hit.
  • Fox and Falco with fire in their signature attacks (Fox: U-Smash & U-Air; Falco: B-Air & D-Air).
  • Adding coin effect to some of Wario's attacks (not sure if adding it to plumber Wario or Biker Wario costumes, but certainly not both).
  • Add an effect to some of Wolf's attacks, but not sure what effect or which attacks (certainly not altering his Side B). Any suggestions there? Could add darkness but even if it fits him, it's kind of farfetched to give him darkness.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Anyways, I've been really inactive because I'm a med student. You guys figure :p

I had recently updated Accurate Samus (except for Fusion Samus, the filesize is giving me issues), Dry Bowser, Roy and the Fire Bros. But I haven't uploaded them because this computer I use is slow as molasses. Also updated Mr. L's darkness to his alt colors as well.
I might start another thread for the 3.6b versions or just update this one, but it'll have to wait a bit. I want to at least update my 3.6 SSS before making any new upgrades on characters.

Updates in mind:
My vote goes for reusing this thread!
  • I'm not exactly an expert with importing effects, but I want to try and make Captain Falcon so in his pink costume, his sweetspot knee blows a heart (like Peach's heart) on hit.
I think I asked King Jigglypuff about this very thing, haha, not easy. The musical notes are a generic non-specific thing, unlike Peach's heart attacks, so I think it'd be neat if his fire-taunt emitted musical notes.

• Adding coin effect to some of Wario's attacks (not sure if adding it to plumber Wario or Biker Wario costumes, but certainly not both).
PLUMBER, MAAAAAN!!
  • Add an effect to some of Wolf's attacks, but not sure what effect or which attacks (certainly not altering his Side B). Any suggestions there? Could add darkness but even if it fits him, it's kind of farfetched to give him darkness.
I think electricity would be the best, I think his side-special will electricitify if sweetspotted or something. The only attack I see that would need that effect is his up-special.

Last edited:

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
Thoughts on adding flame effects on Peach's fire costume?

Edit: Aaaaannnd she already does.:facepalm: Maybe more fire effects? I don't know...

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord

Updates in mind:
  • Fox and Falco with fire in their signature attacks (Fox: U-Smash & U-Air; Falco: B-Air & D-Air).
Oh sweetness! :D

If Captain Fabulous could do that, I don't think anybody would ever use another recolor. :p

I don't think Fox and Falco really need fire in their attacks.. It doesn't really make sense, considering they both hit people with their legs. It's not where I'd expect fire to be spewed from.

Wario's Plumber outfit for sure.

Wolf having electricity for his Up-B would be cool as heck.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Thoughts on adding flame effects on Peach's fire costume?

Edit: Aaaaannnd she already does.:facepalm: Maybe more fire effects? I don't know...
Certain attacks still have some sparkle and heart effects, so I believe she still has more room for fire. If the Mario Bros. get more fire for their costumes, why not Peach?
Oh sweetness! :D

If Captain Fabulous could do that, I don't think anybody would ever use another recolor. :p

I don't think Fox and Falco really need fire in their attacks.. It doesn't really make sense, considering they both hit people with their legs. It's not where I'd expect fire to be spewed from.

Wario's Plumber outfit for sure.

Wolf having electricity for his Up-B would be cool as heck.
Great minds think alike!

Last edited:

MrHadouken

Smash Cadet
Updated the OP in almost its entirety.
  • Accurate Samus updated to 3.6. Light and Dark effects added to the Dark Suit and Light Suit costumes. Still yet to make Iceless Fusion Suit Samus. Mini-Shinespark remains.
  • Dark Dry Bowser Updated to 3.6. Haven't added Fire Swagg Bowser yet, and removed the Darkness effect from Dark Dry Bowser's U-Air temporarily.
  • Fire Mario Bros. updated to 3.6.
  • Fire F-Smash Roy updated to 3.6
  • Greedy Wario, Firey Fox and Falco, Lightning Wolf and Dark Link uploaded. Details in the OP and Images in the folder that's linked in the OP.
Suggestions and feedback are welcome

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Is it possible to add blue fire effects (possibly from Lucario) over Dry Bowser? That's what he does in the canon. I like that your works make accurate reference to the characters' original games, so that's why I'd like that one addressed in some way.

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
Updated the OP in almost its entirety.
  • Accurate Samus updated to 3.6. Light and Dark effects added to the Dark Suit and Light Suit costumes. Still yet to make Iceless Fusion Suit Samus. Mini-Shinespark remains.
  • Dark Dry Bowser Updated to 3.6. Haven't added Fire Swagg Bowser yet, and removed the Darkness effect from Dark Dry Bowser's U-Air temporarily.
  • Fire Mario Bros. updated to 3.6.
  • Fire F-Smash Roy updated to 3.6
  • Greedy Wario, Firey Fox and Falco, Lightning Wolf and Dark Link uploaded. Details in the OP and Images in the folder that's linked in the OP.
Suggestions and feedback are welcome
Fantastic! Great job! I especially like Dry Bowser.

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
Hey there

I've also been messing around with Samus' moveset and i have come to a problem that i seem to encounter with your file as well. Whenever Samus and Zero Suit Samus are in a game together some weird stuff happens (like their movesets reverting to brawl for some animations). Can someone test this out to see if I'm the only one with this problem ? It always happens for me when the file (FitSamus.pac) is over 296 ko.
Also, may I ask you what version of brawlbox you use to edit movesets ? I'm stuck with PSA atm because brawlbox will mess up the file upon save every time..
I like your work btw :)

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Hey Hadouken.

Could you add wind effects to Lucario's Aura taunt and make Blue flames emanate from him when he yells? I want a Super Saiyan-looking charge for Lucario.

Also, could you add the Darkness effect to Ivysaur's Seed Bomb when it hits somebody so that it looks more like a Poison-type move from the Pokemon games?

Last edited:

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I found a bug. If you angle Luigi's fsmash upwards the game freezes. PM 3.6 Homebrew.

Last edited:

MrHadouken

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to add blue fire effects (possibly from Lucario) over Dry Bowser? That's what he does in the canon. I like that your works make accurate reference to the characters' original games, so that's why I'd like that one addressed in some way.
Actually, I've been working on that. It's pretty much the same procedure. However, the explosion is less intense in the F-Smash. I'll update it soon.

Hey there

I've also been messing around with Samus' moveset and i have come to a problem that i seem to encounter with your file as well. Whenever Samus and Zero Suit Samus are in a game together some weird stuff happens (like their movesets reverting to brawl for some animations). Can someone test this out to see if I'm the only one with this problem ? It always happens for me when the file (FitSamus.pac) is over 296 ko.
Also, may I ask you what version of brawlbox you use to edit movesets ? I'm stuck with PSA atm because brawlbox will mess up the file upon save every time..
It happens to me to, but I think this has been happening since before I made those changes. Did you test out if it happens with regular 3.6 Samus? I'll check anyways.

Hey Hadouken.

Could you add wind effects to Lucario's Aura taunt and make Blue flames emanate from him when he yells? I want a Super Saiyan-looking charge for Lucario.

Also, could you add the Darkness effect to Ivysaur's Seed Bomb when it hits somebody so that it looks more like a Poison-type move from the Pokemon games?
Lucario's idea sounds good and plausible. Ivysaur however I'm not sure. Haven't been able to mess with projectiles yet.

Hey, I found a bug. If you angle Luigi's fsmash upwards the game freezes. PM 3.6 Homebrew.
I'll fix that as soon as I can, since it happens to me too.

these are 3.5? I would love these to be on my 3.6 version
They were updated to 3.6...

MrHadouken

Smash Cadet
Hey there

Nevermind my previous response. I found a way around it. I'll be updating later today if I can.

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
Nevermind my previous response. I found a way around it. I'll be updating later today if I can.
Glad to hear it. Interested to see what you came up with.
Also you didn't answer my second question, I'd really like to know because from what i saw in your file you added subroutines, which as far as I know only brawlbox can do, although when I try to use it it always deletes stuff inside the file randomly.
Thank you for your answer :)

MrHadouken

Smash Cadet
OP updated with the following:
  • Samus' bug where she will randomly go back to have her Brawl moveset randomly and/or make a ZSS do such has been fixed. This was done by lowering the filesize to 296KB, by lowring the quality of some subtle textures. If something is too noticeable, please let me know.
  • Luigi will no longer freeze the game when he angles his F-Smash up or down.
  • Add an "Accurate Dry Bowser" file. Pretty much the same as Dark Dry Bowser, except with Blue effects and Blue explosion for the F-Smash. I'm not able to change his Neutral B to blue as of now.
Hadouken, why don't you try applying for the Project M Development Team?
My skills are not of their level. I just mess around a lot. Also, I don't always got time for this. I am a med student and as soon as my next semester starts I won't be active that much. I like the idea but I really don't think I am of the PMDT's league.
Glad to hear it. Interested to see what you came up with.
Also you didn't answer my second question, I'd really like to know because from what i saw in your file you added subroutines, which as far as I know only brawlbox can do, although when I try to use it it always deletes stuff inside the file randomly.
Thank you for your answer :)
I use PSA 2.35. Not sure if there's a newer version now but subroutines can be added there. You just have to pay attention when you add lines of code to a Subroutine, as their Offset number changes without previous advice (one of its many design flaws, I'd say). Subroutines are the best way to add complex codes to a Subaction, as it takes a lot less space.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Yay for Accurate Dry Bowser

Could you add some pics for it? I won't be able to test it for a few days but I'd like to see what you've done!

Top Bottom