• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Mr. Game & Watch Just Did What

Ultimate_Mawile

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0920-1529-1823
Ultimate_Mawile submitted a new guide:

Mr. Game & Watch Just Did What - Game & Watch move breakdown

Game & Watch's moves can be confusing to new players but here is a breakdown for you but feel free to skip it and go to part 2 (soon to be released) if you think you know everything about game & watch's (here by will be referred to as G&W) moves

Neutral A
G&W pulls out a fume pump of sorts that will be slow until it his the the speed increases to 2x i believe and becomes an infinite jab
Initial jab does 3%
Infinite does 1% per hit
Finish does 2%

Side Tilt
G&W pulls up a chair...
Read more about this guide...

Sixell

Smash Cadet
There are some things you mention that are misleading or just completely false.

G&W pulls out a fume pump of sorts that will be slow until it his the the speed increases to 2x i believe and becomes an infinite jab
- The jab doesn't do an infinite. In fact, someone could even block after the first jab if they're fast enough.

If man hole hits no matter at what point they are knocked back to where G&W is facing
- D-tilt has air and ground properties. When an object or the opponent is on the ground, it knocks them away with no windbox. The windbox only applies for objects or opponents in the air. You can go to the edge of a stage and put the manhole hitbox offstage and it will cause a windbox even on direct contact because the opponent isn't grounded.

Great for combos
- U-tilt got nerfed with the weird knockback angle on the second hit and isn't so good for combos anymore.

G&W whistles looking up and the hit box is in the general area of his lips.
- You're not wrong, but a small portion of the windbox is a hitbox as well.

G%W pulls out a key and falls straight down but has more left and right control and can be exited easier than most down airs that sends the user downwards....If the tip of the key hits it is a meteor smash.
- D-air cannot be exited easily at all unless you're thinking about offstage use. In that case, yeah, I guess. Onstage, it has horrible landing lag. And no, the tip isn't what causes it the meteor smash. It's simply the first frame of the attack. So basically, this has to be used very close to the opponent.

#6: A fire attack that has high sideways launch
- I know that you mean it does a lot of sideways knockback, but the word "high" will confuse people. And it's a low horizontal angle really. It can semi-spike.

Absorbs energy attacks and bomb-om explosions (bomb-om is only if you are facing them i think)
- It can absorb other explosives as well, like sensor bombs, and such directly without taking any damage and the bucket can absorb attacks no matter the direction that it's facing. Also, the things it can absorb and the methods used for absorbing are inconsistent. For some things, like bob-ombs, it can be direct or indirect contact. For a Lloid Rocket, it has to be indirect contact (the explosion).

G&W puts on a helmet and gains a window of invincibility for his head
- That's vague. When GW tilts his head forward for the attack, that's when the invincibility comes in.

Last edited:

Ultimate_Mawile

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0920-1529-1823
Thanks for the input by the way when i say infinite i mean that as long as you hold a G&W will keep attacking. i guess there still is a lot to learn for one of my favorite characters

Top Bottom