• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Game & Teach: What We Have Learned From Mr. Game & Watch

blind_angel16

Smash Cadet
I figured we needed a fun thread somewhat like the Social thread, but focusing on one thing. Hopefully our mods won't close this thread anytime soon, lol.

Have you ever played one of the old 1980's Game & Watch games and considered how certain things couldn't possibly happen in real life, even though real life is what some of the games were based on? This thread is for those moments when our physics-trolling friend Mr. Game & Watch just doesn't make sense, which is quite often. Here's how it works:

Rule 1: Post an odd occurence you've found in a Game & Watch game in the following manner, "Mr. Game & Watch taught me that..."
Rule 2: You may only put one reference per post, and you may only post again after someone else has posted after you. Make sure to tell what game you are talking about.
Rule 3: ???? The referenced game can be from any Game & Watch game that was made, not just the games Mr. G&W got his moves in Brawl from.
Rule 4: PROFIT! This is supposed to be a comedic thread, so be creative and have fun with it! :bee:

Basically, this is a tongue-in-cheek humor thread about how odd Mr. Game & Watch's games of origin can be. If there are enough posts, I'll make a list of what we've thought up. :)

I'll go first for an example:

Mr. Game & Watch taught me that it takes only three drops of oil to completely fill an entire bucket. (Oil Panic)

EDIT: Can't think of a reference from a Game & Watch game? Haven't played any of them? No problem! Put a reference to Brawl or Melee, if you so choose, about things that you find odd or funny with Mr. Game & Watch's moves. Thanks Snow Shard; hopefully with this addition we'll get this thread off the ground. :bee:

Example for Brawl:

Mr. Game & Watch taught me that hitting your opponent with a box is the best way to keep them off the stage. (Brawl)

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Game & Watch taught me that bouncing someone 50 feet in the air only to have them crash land into the roof of an ambulance is the only way to save people trapped in a fire. (Fire)

blind_angel16

Smash Cadet
Mr. Game & Watch taught me that if you want to protect your chicken eggs from falling and breaking--or sometimes hatching into baby chicks--it is perfectly logical to hire a wolf to catch them in a hat. (Egg)

blind_angel16

Smash Cadet
Mr. Game & Watch taught me that instead of trying to parachute people from a helicopter to the surrounding islands below, I should instead try aiming for a tiny rowboat floating between them. (Parachute)

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Game and Watch taught me that a turtle can attack multiple frames after the turtle has left the screen. (Brawl).

This thread isnt catching on :( so I'm gonna kinda bend the rules abit and open up some doors by doing a brawl one here in hopes that even people who have only played melee or brawl will be able to have some kind of imput in this thread.

blind_angel16

Smash Cadet
Mr. Game & Watch taught me that one is able to change the velocity at which he/she spikes a key downward at will. (Brawl)

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Game and Watch taught me that dumping fish out of their bowls is something I could do all day.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Game & Watch taught me that occasionally getting hammered can lead to great things.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Mr Game-and-Watch taught me to get +4'ed when I play as Jiggz. -.-(Brawl)

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Mr. Game & Watch taught me that an innumerable amount of tools can randomly fall out of the sky seemingly from nowhere and for no reason at all. (Helmet)

FigsFinity

Smash Rookie
Mr. Game & Watch taught me to take a seat (Ftilt) when people get too close for comfort. (Brawl)

Thegopher

Smash Cadet
Mr. Game and watch has taught me that I can still do my favorite hobby juggling while in a fight. (Ball) (Brawl/Melee)

Splice

Smash Hero
Mr. Game and Watch taught me that even MK can fly too close to the sun for his own good

Danny of AD 1

Smash Apprentice
mr game and watch taught me that pichus recoil damage in melee isnt nearly as bad as judge 1 in smash 4 12 times the number of times the 1 card approaches and that other than toon link wolf and jigglypuff he does not need rob ness luigi ganondorf sonic lucario snake falco or captain falcon in fact he is unlocked before 0 to 5 others sse or 0 to 1 others single player/battles in fact in the sse you must beat battleship halberd bridge to unlock 6 characters including mr game and watch whereas through battles you need fewer than sonic 250 for mr game and watch 300 for sonic or beat target smash with 20 to 21 default characters and 9 to 10 hidden characters since you only need 9 hidden characters you can unlock him in 5 battles which is 1/3 of snakes battles without unlocking lucario in as few as 15 matches and 250 trophies before falco do not complete more than 49 battles or 100 man battle captain falcon if you never complete classic within 720 seconds but unlock ganondorf and have 250 trophies luigi never clear classic without using continues but clear stage 27 sse unlock ganondorf and ness ness complete stage 27 sse but fewer than 5 vs battles rob if all other characters unlocked with a maximum of 249 trophies or 159 battles and that i calculated this because i can and wanted to because he is awesome

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
mr game and watch taught me that pichus recoil damage in melee isnt nearly as bad as judge 1 in smash 4 12 times the number of times the 1 card approaches and that other than toon link wolf and jigglypuff he does not need rob ness luigi ganondorf sonic lucario snake falco or captain falcon in fact he is unlocked before 0 to 5 others sse or 0 to 1 others single player/battles in fact in the sse you must beat battleship halberd bridge to unlock 6 characters including mr game and watch whereas through battles you need fewer than sonic 250 for mr game and watch 300 for sonic or beat target smash with 20 to 21 default characters and 9 to 10 hidden characters since you only need 9 hidden characters you can unlock him in 5 battles which is 1/3 of snakes battles without unlocking lucario in as few as 15 matches and 250 trophies before falco do not complete more than 49 battles or 100 man battle captain falcon if you never complete classic within 720 seconds but unlock ganondorf and have 250 trophies luigi never clear classic without using continues but clear stage 27 sse unlock ganondorf and ness ness complete stage 27 sse but fewer than 5 vs battles rob if all other characters unlocked with a maximum of 249 trophies or 159 battles and that i calculated this because i can and wanted to because he is awesome
I take it you read the first post, then?
Mr. Game & Watch taught me that trying to catch lightning bolts is a good idea (Melee, Brawl, SSB4).

Top Bottom