• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr.G&W's G&W Tricks

Mr.Game_and_Watch

Smash Apprentice
NOTE: This is not a full guide for G&W, we aready have that. This is pretty much a combo guide and some manuvers

First off ya gotta know a couple of other techniques before we can get started

1. Short Hopping- A short hop is a done by lightly tapping the x button (remove your thumb quickly) This jump is half the height of a normal jump (about the height of bowser) and is effective in close combat.

note- a good attack with a short hop is G&W's side air
note- it should like Mr.G&W is jumping with the box

2. Sweet Spots- A sweet spot is the place where an attack does the most damage or makes the opponent shoot in a certain direction. For example Mr. G&W's Down Smash has 2 key sweet spots, The head of the mallet which makes the opponent fly upwards or the pole of the mallet which makes the opponent fly sideways.

3. Double Key- A Double Key is a technique that combines short hopping and G&W's key attack. It is done by simultaneously pressing X and then A down. If done correctly it racks up 20% of damage. And sends the opponent sideways because of the aftershock

-note: This attack SHOULD look like Mr.G&W jumping with his key

4. Angle Jumping- Angle Jumping is when Mr.G&W trampolines (B up) to an angle.
To do this tilt the control stick to either right or left diagonaly. You should tilt to the second line segement in the control stick

note- The gamecube control stick area is an octagon

5. The Ultimate Edge Gaurd- Now if your competitive listen to to this, Go to Final Destination and use Mr.G&W's chef attack on the first arrow (inner arrow) this makes it so that when people try to recover they get it by food and when they try to edge attack (climbing up on the edge) they get burned by the frying pan and sent back to the edge. This manuever should be done when your opponent is around or over 50%. (This is just an example it can be done on any stage)

note: MEMORIZE BOWSER'S WIDTH- because this is how far you should be from any edge to do this manuver

6.BUCKET LIST- this is what Mr.G&W's Bucket can absorb

PK Freeze
PK Fire
PK Flash
Pk Thunder
Din's Fire
Bowser's Flame
Charizard's Flamethrower
Mario's/Luigi's Fireballs
Lucario's Aura Ball
Pikachu's Thunder
Pikachu's electric ball attack thing
Pit's arrows
Fox/Falco/Wolf Lasers
Samus's Power Beam
ROB's Laser
Ivsaur's Bullet Seed? (I got it to work a couple of times but very few)
Ice Climber Blizzard
DDD/Yoshi ground pound stars

Now for max damage:

Samus Laser x3= 60%
Lucario's Aura x3=60%
Ness's PK Flash x3 =60%
Lucas's PK Feeze x3= 60%
Pit Arrows x3=60%

Heres an equasion to help you figure out the other damage percentage
(remember order of operations)

(Projectile 1 + Projectile 2 + Projectile 3) x 2.8 = damage percentage

example
(Mario Fireball(5%) + Mario Fireball(5%) + Mario Fireball(5%)) x 2.8= 42%

note: G&W can absorb anytype of plane laser (ex Cornera)

This move is a shield breaker
This move can cause stunning (if the person hits a wall with this attack)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
all nice info, but shouldnt all of this go into that new official thread?

xler

Smash Rookie

PK Freeze
PK Fire
PK Flash
Pk Thunder
Din's Fire
Bowser's Flame
Charizard's Flamethrower
Lucario's Aura Ball
Pikachu's Thunder
Pit's arrows
Fox/Falco/Wolf Lasers
Samus's Power Beam
ROB's Laser
Ice Climber Blizzard
You forgot the main ships lasers on corneria, as well as the other planes lasers. I think there are some other stage bucket absorbs.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman

PK Freeze
PK Fire
PK Flash
Pk Thunder
Din's Fire
Bowser's Flame
Charizard's Flamethrower
Lucario's Aura Ball
Pikachu's Thunder
Pit's arrows
Fox/Falco/Wolf Lasers
Samus's Power Beam
ROB's Laser
Ice Climber Blizzard
I'm pretty sure you can also bucket the stars that appear when Yoshi does his down b and when DDD does his up b.

Mr.Game_and_Watch

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure you can also bucket the stars that appear when Yoshi does his down b and when DDD does his up b.
You forgot the main ships lasers on corneria, as well as the other planes lasers. I think there are some other stage bucket absorbs.
The Stars? I have to try that. And Im only talking about character projectiles but ill add that in anyway

That_Move_is_Key

Smash Cadet
@hammer theory: what if the decisecond is a zero?

and the bucket catches Lucario's side b, if I'm not mistaken.

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
sorry to be a bum but half of this thread is crap

only thing that isnt crap is the bucket list and equation which is horribly unfinished..
and the equation was on smashbros.com

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
NOTE:

PK Freeze
PK Fire
PK Flash
Pk Thunder
Din's Fire
Bowser's Flame
Charizard's Flamethrower
Lucario's Aura Ball
Pikachu's Thunder
Pit's arrows
Fox/Falco/Wolf Lasers
Samus's Power Beam
ROB's Laser
Ice Climber Blizzard
DDD/Yoshi ground pound stars
WOW really? i never knew that. Good find.

A.n.T.

Smash Rookie
Seeing as how this is also a combo thread I might as well add something to contribute. Every one knows his bair is ungodly. To the point where you can bair several times into a dsmash and with good edge gaurding can pretty much wreck most opponents to their deaths.

xler

Smash Rookie
I dunno if I looked anything over in this thread, but game and watch can absorb(bucket) the projectile from kirbys ^b (cutter)

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
Nice thread. I learned a lot. Does that ultimate edge guard work on EVERY character? Even long swords, like Ikes? What an awesome technique, either way.

GoForkUrself

Smash Apprentice
I am noticing G&W doesn't seem to have many tricks. Ike has the Grand Viper, Aether spiking, Jab Cancel, reverse dash upsmash, as well as SAF. Snake has all kinds of tricks like grenade dropping, mortar sliding, and shielding dropped grenades that explode on enemy attacks. Dedede has the chain grab, Jab Cancel, infinite grab, jet hammer shuffle, regicide, and SAF.
I like to use G&W as well so I decided to check this area out and the only tricks I can find is the edgeguard frying pan, uair push, and dthrow through clouds. He does more tricks right? Anyone who plays as him for 10 matches knows which smashes do what, and how much ownage the fish/turtle/box do(I RAR all day with the turtle). So am I missing any other tricks?

That_Move_is_Key

Smash Cadet
if they're grabbing the ledge on certain stages, he can dash attack them and spike them. some of these are battlefield, smashville, and skyworld. look for non-vertical edges.

DavieBoy

Smash Apprentice
I did not see this on here yet. When playing last night I figured out you can bucket Zero-suit Samus's Downsmash. 3 of them did 54% - 1 hit kill just about.

Top Bottom