• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moving to Australia (Sydney) - February 20 :D

lampiaio

Smash Cadet
NNID
jp_lampi
Hi! This is the first time I post here (the Australian forum).

Sometime between late january / early february, I will move to Sydney on a "working holiday" program. I will stay in Australia for ~6 months. I am really really looking forward to taking part in the Aussie pro smashing!
Can I expect to make Smash friends? Are there any groups of weekly-ish smashfests which I can join to meet other players and make new friends? Arrrgh I don't know anyone!
I admit I'm a bit scared (even though I'm 22) with all this ): Maybe because I'm so used to being an active pro/pro-am player (I organise all tournaments in my region), and all of a sudden I'm about to move to a totally different place, where I know absolutely no one (let alone friends to smash with). On the other hand, I can't wait to meet new people when I get there!

By the way, my Brawl characters: :kirby2: :bowser2: :rob: :lucas: :olimar:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I don't know how frequently you have foreign players joining the Australian scene (am I worrying over something commonplace?), I really just wanted to know if I'll be welcome in your country (:

(please forgive my strange English!)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm happy for someone from Brazil to be coming, really really happy.

I'm Shaya, at this time I regularly run tournaments in Sydney and from time to time run meets.

You can contact me via msn: kingshaya@gmail.com if you want.

We have a Sydney thread nearby which you can poke your head into to chat with the regular sydney guys. Keep in contact, I'm sure you'll make lots of smash friends.

Also, your English is fine. You'll be one of Sydney's first imports for a while, I believe. Most go to Melbourne for some smelly reason.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
It's hard to not find someone to Smash in Sydney. We are on of Australia's largest Smash scenes. I look forward to your arrival!

PS. Your mains are really awesome.

S.D

Smash Master
Talent imported direct from Brazil :)

You'll have no trouble fitting in here, everyone in the Sydney scene is very friendly and accomodating.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Bring Kizzu-kun with you.

Also, welcome.
Your English is better than a lot of native english speakers I know.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Is not talking about yes me now?

Nah, welcome man.

Sydney is probably the best place to be atm, it's the probably the biggest growing scene for smash.

Or you could come to Queensland.

We're alot better.

XD

Sirias

Smash Champion
Hahahahah. I agree with Sieg. We are better than Sydney. :D
At least, I am. :D :D:DD :D:D::DD I wish. :C
Alternatively maybe Melbourne is better than us but I care to wager upon that...

BRAZIL?!
****... you should have come here, I want to learn more Portuguese. My friend left before he could teach me very much and now I've forgotten a whole lot of it... but I know it's similar to Spanish and I know Spanish so it wouldn't be hard to learn. <3 Hott.

QLD is more like Brazil. We're sexy, hott, awesome, beach-y... Well, Gold Coast, anyway.
Go Gold Coast. :D

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Sydney owns QLD so dont listen to them... :D

But yeah, we shall welcome you here with open arms

Dekar289

Smash Hero
hopefully one day you can play in the best smash scene, Melbourne =)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Don't be ********:

QBB Teams
1: Demonic Angels (Jei and Amaterasu)
2: Metaknight is cheap (Shaya and Kulla)

QBB Singles
1: Amaterasu
2: Kulla

Kulla's amongst the best, but not >>> Australia. Good players are in all the bigger cities :)

lampiaio

Smash Cadet
NNID
jp_lampi
Bring Kizzu-kun with you.
Funny you say that, Kizzu is actually one of the few Brazilian pro smashers I don't really know! Never met him personally (only through MSN), he didn't participate in the last national tournament (which was in Rio de Janeiro, he's from São Paulo).

It's hard to not find someone to Smash in Sydney. We are on of Australia's largest Smash scenes. I look forward to your arrival!

PS. Your mains are really awesome.
Thanks! I love playing as those characters, especially Kirby and Bowser (:

Talent imported direct from Brazil :)

You'll have no trouble fitting in here, everyone in the Sydney scene is very friendly and accomodating.

Looking forward to meeting you.
Wow, great to hear that! I'll keep you guys posted on the details (date of arrival, address [probably the cheapest hostel I can find, at least until I can find a job], phone, etc.). I still have to apply for the visa and buy the tickets, so I still don't know the exact day. But hopefully by next month that will be all sorted out.

Hahahahah. I agree with Sieg. We are better than Sydney. :D
At least, I am. :D :D:DD :D:D::DD I wish. :C
Alternatively maybe Melbourne is better than us but I care to wager upon that...

BRAZIL?!
****... you should have come here, I want to learn more Portuguese. My friend left before he could teach me very much and now I've forgotten a whole lot of it... but I know it's similar to Spanish and I know Spanish so it wouldn't be hard to learn. <3 Hott.

QLD is more like Brazil. We're sexy, hott, awesome, beach-y... Well, Gold Coast, anyway.
Go Gold Coast. :D
It will be my pleasure to teach Portuguese to whoever is interested (: I also speak Japanese (not 100%, though) and a bit of Spanish. I'll do my best to "convert" to Australian English (never lived outside of Brazil, so my English has no real identity =\ ), when I return to Brazil I hope to sound like a genuine Australian :D

You guys are awesome :D
Thanks again for the warm reception, I'm feeling a lot less nervous now :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sorry if I didn't say this earlier, but welcome to Sydney and Australia <3

We'll probably cross paths at some point, I'm interested in Spanish! a part of my family in Venezuelean, and I need to learn some words that aren't dirty! :)

I'll also send you an Australian Smash newsletter to your email so you can get an idea of the Smash scene here

Sirias

Smash Champion
Teach me the dirty words, Davey, DO IT! <3

Japanese too? Kool! We have some people here that speak Japanese (Vyse? I think you do. My brother does and since he does I know some too. And... I guess everyone that watches anime knows some too. XD)

And yeah, hope you like it here. :D Summer is mega fail, too hot IN MY OPINION. :C

And hmm... I dunno about 'sounding like an Australian'. But hey, if you want. I wouldn't. XD Jkjk.
Oi oi oi Aussie sif barbie mate bloke etc. There you go, you're half-way if you use all those words randomly in a(n incoherent) sentence.

lampiaio

Smash Cadet
NNID
jp_lampi
Sorry if I didn't say this earlier, but welcome to Sydney and Australia <3

We'll probably cross paths at some point, I'm interested in Spanish! a part of my family in Venezuelean, and I need to learn some words that aren't dirty! :)

I'll also send you an Australian Smash newsletter to your email so you can get an idea of the Smash scene here
You have a newsletter? Cool! My email is jpazeredo@gmail.com (different from my MSN)
Thanks for the warm reception, hope to see you soon! (:

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
Hello there... how are you?? what you been up to??
if you would ever like to have a lil fun oe day as you are in australia... everyone on this site willbe appy to help or vs you... but
let's hope they can be nice as some people are...

well i hope you have fun in australia and if you ever wont to vs there's a lot of people in australia who's into ssbb

well take care talk soon bye...

lampiaio

Smash Cadet
NNID
jp_lampi
All set: My flight leaves Porto Alegre on February 18. It's not a direct flight, though: it stops in Buenos Aires (Argentina) and Auckland before finally arriving in Sydney, on February 20 (a courtesy of the International Date Line).

Also, I have some great news! At the time of my last posts it wasn't 100% confirmed, but now it's official: there's another smasher coming with me! Now you can expect Brazilian goodness in Doubles tournaments too :D really really can't wait for this :)

I don't know if it's too much to ask, but... is there anyone willing to show us around someday on our first week? Maybe introduce us to some other players if possible (:

lampiaio

Smash Cadet
NNID
jp_lampi

Sirias

Smash Champion
Auckland? As in, New Zealand?
Bah.
Oh wait, it'll only be a short stop I suppose - then it might be ok.
Although you won't be able to see much scenery... Oh well.
NZ, yay.

Srsly guyz. Guyz... srsly.

February 18th is sssooo fffaaarrr aaawwwaaayyy.

Top Bottom