• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Movies or TV shows you've watched more than 2 times? 5 times? 10 times?

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
I think it's the true mark of a great film or show when you keep coming back just to experience it again or to discover new things about it. Here are some of mine that I deem worthy of multiple visits. What are yours?

Movies:
Donnie Darko
Amelie
Momento
Snatch
Cowboy Bebop The Movie
A Clockwork Orange
The Terminator (Terminator 1)
Akira
Star Wars 4, 5, 6
Tombstone

TV shows:
Cowboy Bebop
Twin Peaks
FireFly
Legend of Korra
Star Trek TNG
Seinfeld

Dishonorable Mention:
I saw Mortal Kombat in theaters 7 times........lol I was a kid give me a break
I'm sure I left a few out, ah well

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

I've been through Angel Beats 2 or 3 times now. I'm really not that into anime, but that one is a really good one. I also am too impatient to watch most series over again if they're more than 20~25 episodes long. As far as movies go, if I watch it once, I'll most likely watch it 5 more times unless I don't like it.

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
I've been through Angel Beats 2 or 3 times now. I'm really not that into anime, but that one is a really good one. I also am too impatient to watch most series over again if they're more than 20~25 episodes long. As far as movies go, if I watch it once, I'll most likely watch it 5 more times unless I don't like it.
I will have to check that out. I also was never into anime at all, only Cowboy Bebop because it was so original and mature and DB/DBZ because it was revolutionary. However lately there is has been a lot of stellar Anime like Gargantia, Attack on Titan, Magi, Kill la Kill - it's all really made me a modern anime fan.

I guess I'm much more discerning when it comes to movies, I often regret buying movies and thinking it was such a waste of money.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
i saw holes twice again its just a great movie and for anime school rumble i love that show :reverse:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Well, I don't really go to the movies all that often (in fact, I haven't gone to there in YEARS), but I HAVE seen a couple of movie reruns like The Spongebob Squarepants Movie and Pixar's and DreamWorks Animation's movies.
As for T.V. shows, I usually tune into Cartoon Network to watch whatever they're showing. Examples include:
  • Steven Universe
  • The Amazing World of Gumball
  • Adventure Time
  • Regular Show

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
Well, I don't really go to the movies all that often (in fact, I haven't gone to there in YEARS), but I HAVE seen a couple of movie reruns like The Spongebob Squarepants Movie and Pixar's and DreamWorks Animation's movies.
As for T.V. shows, I usually tune into Cartoon Network to watch whatever they're showing. Examples include:
  • Steven Universe
  • The Amazing World of Gumball
  • Adventure Time
  • Regular Show
Aw man your post reminded me about how much I miss Flapjack....that show was so amazing, but it had such a short run :(

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Aw man your post reminded me about how much I miss Flapjack....that show was so amazing, but it had such a short run :(

Oh yeah! That show was amazing! Along with Chowder, Camp Lazlo, My Gym Partner's A Monkey, and all those other wonderful shows.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Prison Break is a show I watch time and time again. The character chemistry and development among the cast is something I've always liked about the show. I also like how smart Scofield is and how he uses his genius to handle many problems and dilemmas throughout the series. His character made me want to study more history, math and science, and I have! I literally have my own flashdrive that I call Scylla with all sorts of notes about things I've learned in life.

Playmakers is another show I've watched many times over. It came out on ESPN in the fall of 2003. The drama of the football players was great to watch. A lot of the stories of characters in many ways actually happened to real players in the NFL pre 2003 and post 2003. Loved the character development and chemistry of all the cast, especially Omar Gooding Jr. and Russell Hornsby. Snoop Dogg even made a special guest appearance and rocked his acting role.

I also watch DBZ many times over for just about the same reasons everyone on these boards does.

As for movies, I like the movie Money Train with Wesley Snipes and Woody Harrelson. I always watch this movie right after Christmas and before New Year's Day, just like the timeframe of the movie. I always try to not be like Charlie in life lol.

Yes! My 1,000 post!

Last edited:

Pachinkosam

Oh yeah! That show was amazing! Along with Chowder, Camp Lazlo, My Gym Partner's A Monkey, and all those other wonderful shows.
I dont know I was always a total draw island fan. Also a more of a cartoon network guys too :D
Nickeledeon had good shows back then as well.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I dont know I was always a total draw island fan. Also a more of a cartoon network guys too :D
Nickeledeon had good shows back then as well.
True. Total Drama Island had so many sequels that I kinda stopped watching it after Total Drama World Tour.
I'd say Nickeledon, Disney Channel, and Cartoon Network were really something back in the day; they pretty much shaped up everyone's childhood.

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
They need to bring back Double Dare....

....but instead it's called "Double Dair"

and it's just a weekly nationally televised Smash Bros tournament.

Who's the host? Keenan & Kel AKA Prog & D1

Who loves Orange Soda?

Pachinkosam

I miss being 7 in 2003 watched alot of good cartoons. I used to love orange soda back in the day maybe ill drink sunkist when I get a change. I used to drink alot star and stripes orange soda or something like that forgot the name.

Last edited:

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
One summer my bad knee was acting up and I couldn't really do anything so I spent the whole time just watching That '70s Show over and over again. I must've gone through the whole series AT LEAST three times, probably more.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
I've seen The Princess Bride easily 20 times by now. Still stands as one of my favorite movies.
I have no idea how many times I've seen Spaceballs or Monty Python and the Quest For the Holy Grail however though.
Scott Pilgrim vs The World is also something I've watched too many times to count.

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
I've seen The Princess Bride easily 20 times by now. Still stands as one of my favorite movies.
I have no idea how many times I've seen Spaceballs or Monty Python and the Quest For the Holy Grail however though.
Scott Pilgrim vs The World is also something I've watched too many times to count.
Man I can't believe I had totally forgotten about those! On my list for sure, I still haven't seen Scott Pilgrim vs The World it's been on my to watch list forever I need to get on that one.

Oh and I also wanted to mention I left off Akira. I freaking love that movie, the music and the animation....sublime.

Pachinkosam

I forgot to say i used to watch a lot of toonami back in the early 2000s good times man.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555

All day, everyday

T8TO

Smash Cadet
I've watched the entire series (as well as movie and extras) of Yu Yu Hakusho more than is probably recommended for the average human being. I remember rushing home after school to catch new episodes so that I could talk about it with friends etc. Now that I'm an adult with a decent amount of disposable income I invested in all the seasons and have watched each episode too many times to count. I guess the nostalgia goggles never wore off, to this day it is still my favorite anime series.

As far as movies go I've watched a lot of them and have a few favorites. The most recent obsession I've obtained however is this cgi "Hentai" anime film called Malice@Doll. I'm not a pervert or anything, and to be honest there isn't a lot of inappropriate content. It's just a very confusing watch that makes you question everything about it (also laugh a lot). I've made a lot of my friends watch it so it's turned into this inside joke. I found a copy of it at the used game/DVD store I worked at, and we have cherished it ever since XD

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
I've watched through Squid Girl (Ika Musume) a couple times and I absolutely love it.

Then there's the original Pokemon movie. I watched that so many times as a child that the disc eventually broke from continuous, nonstop use.

Pachinkosam

I watched yu yu hakusho back in the day first it was in adult swim later it got to toonami i remember this promo.

Also they sold the trading cards for yu yu hakusho.

Last edited:

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
I watched yu yu hakusho back in the day first it was in adult swim later it got to toonami i remember this promo.

Also they sold the trading cards for yu yu hakusho.
Man seriously whoever was in charge of the production and editing of those Toonami promos had amazing instincts. I remember every single one was stellar, the audio was always so well mastered, and the clips/VO timing were spot on.

I'll have to finally watch Yu Yu, it's so crazy but I actually had no idea what it was even about until you posted this link. I remember seeing it everywhere inside video stores and comic shops. Also it's extra odd since I used to watch Toonami religiously back in the Bebop/DB/DBZ days so I don't know how I missed it. Maybe they brought it over after my childhood.

I do remember catching the tail end of Detective Conan and really liking it, Yu Yu sounds kind of similar. Shin Chan was so great too, can't remember what channel I watched that on.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
. Shin Chan was so great too, can't remember what channel I watched that on.
It was on Adult swim for a time as well, Shin Chan was awesome too.

T8TO

Smash Cadet
Toonami... T-T
Tom! Why have you forsaken us?! Please come back

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Toonami... T-T
Tom! Why have you forsaken us?! Please come back
Uhm... doesn't it play on Saturday nights? I remember it coming back last year or so and- well yeah, lol

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
I actually just re-watched Fate/Zero (if you couldn't tell by my avatar and signature haha). I have seen Death Note and Code Geass like 4 times and I have seen Steins;Gate and Full Metal Brotherhood twice. And Toradora also has good re watch value!

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
There's too many Disney movies to list.
But I've re-watched the entirety Avatar:The Last Airbender at least 4 times.

Top Bottom