• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Move Research: C4 sticky(ing)

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
I have been thinking for a while about these 2 specific Techs. And It's not really a question that I have...it's more for all of us to discuss.

So for a while I've been wondering for a while.....how "advantageous" is Glide Tossingand sticky-ing different areas with the C4?
Does anyone think it benefits Snake's Metagame, Certain MUs, or stages?
If so, then how do you guys use them?

OR

are both of them useless?

If this turns out to be useful I will update the OP and Change the name of the thread.

Discuss!

I just stole this:

etecoon

Smash Hero
front glide toss is 100% useless, back glide toss isn't bad but has a fundamental problem in that grenades don't stun people like turnips/naners/gyro, unless they're fully cooked in which case you may also damage yourself

Glide toss has already been discussed. Its uses are really limited. Glide tossing adds that slight extra spacing in a few cases. One really does not need to add it to there game.

C4 sticking at higher levels I would say is really rare, and not all that profitable. All people have to do is hear the NOW! and shield/air dodge.

In my opinion, they are rather useless. Particularly C4. You are more likely to get punished for attempting to stick than actually reaping the rewards of your succeeded stick xD

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
C4 Stick is amazing in doubles, especially MK/Kirby Uthrow to C4 (with SA controller port advantage), but in singles getting the chance to use the C4 sticking in singles is so rare, except when breaking the shield of the opponent.

Limeee

Smash Champion
or sticking an MK in doubles and letting it transfer over through tornado works too

u-throw is more reliable and kills at 0 however

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Well, what about sticking sticking on certain stages?

examples:
~On PS1 I like to stick that "long dead tree" on the fire portion of the stage w/ that burning hose.
~The windmill on the water portion.
~Anywhere on the Rock portion.
~For the Grass portion.....that "little branch bush thing" of the tree on the right that bounces
~Certain walls on Delfino Plaza.
~and one or 2 parts of Rainbow Cruise. (But it has very little use here)

So then Glide Tossing is useless.

napZzz

Smash Hero
isn't this basically just the same thing as xeylodes thread with a diff name/topic?

Navn

Smash Apprentice
A pretty standard and obviously good place to put a C4 is the Smashville moving-platform. Good players will probably never get hit with it, but it adds a little pressure unto them.

As already mentioned, C4 is godly in teams. People are less likely to notice where you put it, and it really works wonder with Nado, as jujitsu pointed out.

Don't dismiss glide tossing as useless just because it isn't very helpful. You don't move much, but sometimes that minor glide makes the difference between getting hit and not getting hit.

etecoon

Smash Hero
C4 in general is hard to hit with because it is so telegraphed, something I like to do is just lay it and lead people back to it 25 seconds later, watch the clock!

6Mizu

Smash Champion
isn't this basically just the same thing as xeylodes thread with a diff name/topic?
Now that you mention it......yes. :dizzy:
Good point. For that matter I'm even gonna change the name to make it even more similar. (lol)

A pretty standard and obviously good place to put a C4 is the Smashville moving-platform. Good players will probably never get hit with it, but it adds a little pressure unto them.

Don't dismiss glide tossing as useless just because it isn't very helpful. You don't move much, but sometimes that minor glide makes the difference between getting hit and not getting hit.
Of course everyone know that.:)

I don't think it has any use.

Navn

Smash Apprentice
Haha yeah, hence i wrote "standard". I just made the obvious reply since you asked specifically about any stage-applications for C4-stick.

@ etecoon
That's pretty smart, i have never succeeded in doing that on purpose though. I don't think Snake has the mobility to play around a ticking C-4, since alot of characters can just force him into the explosion-area. That's why i usually detonate the C4 manually at ~20 seconds.

examples:
~On PS1 I like to stick that "long dead tree" on the fire portion of the stage w/ that burning hose.
~For the Grass portion.....that "little branch bush thing" of the tree on the right that bounces

Glide Toss is not useless, but it is pretty darn close to it lol

C4 sticking other stages is a main stay of any Snake. To place C4 on stage corralates to stage pressure. It's not a question of sticking on certain stages, it's where to place the c4 to be the most advantgeous postion.

For the most part, I would say edges and platforms are the biggest usage of c4 placement. Low platforms is what is advisable though. Low platforms at least are able to cover the area on them, and below them. The middle platform in BF is probably not the best place to place C4. The usage you would see there is very limited, and it takes more time to place it up there than on the lower ones.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Haha yeah, hence i wrote "standard". I just made the obvious reply since you asked specifically about any stage-applications for C4-stick.

@ etecoon
That's pretty smart, i have never succeeded in doing that on purpose though. I don't think Snake has the mobility to play around a ticking C-4, since alot of characters can just force him into the explosion-area. That's why i usually detonate the C4 manually at ~20 seconds.
yea, the same is true with the dsmash mine too, other characters frequently have better tools to force you into it than you do to them. but how many people that don't play snake are watching the clock when you set the C4?

6Mizu

Smash Champion

examples:

Glide Toss is not useless, but it is pretty darn close to it lol

C4 sticking other stages is a main stay of any Snake. To place C4 on stage corralates to stage pressure. It's not a question of sticking on certain stages, it's where to place the c4 to be the most advantgeous postion.

For the most part, I would say edges and platforms are the biggest usage of c4 placement. Low platforms is what is advisable though. Low platforms at least are able to cover the area on them, and below them. The middle platform in BF is probably not the best place to place C4. The usage you would see there is very limited, and it takes more time to place it up there than on the lower ones.
Well, I mean I know it's good for stage pressure....but I'm talking about Sticking walls and other structures.
So sticking wall and other things how are my ideas? Because they work for me

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
The C4 sticky is usable when they are on a platform above you. If you start a jump they will probably expect a nair. However, if you sticky them it could lead to some fun times. :)

Then following a sticky nade camp a lot. Keep them on edge from the ability to blow them up at any time. I personally like to let the C4 detonate on its own when it is on someone

Kunx990

Smash Apprentice
Glide Tossing back is only useful to move into camp range if anything, although C4 placements on FD's Side as tricky as is, is rofl when someone is just hanging there.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I can only see stickying someone being useful in teams when you have a partner like mk or something that can pass it off and do the omni gay or something. Sticking walls can sort of work sometimes as a trick attack, but once again it really doesn't seem that useful compared to keeping it somewhere on the stage.

Top Bottom