• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Move of the Week Discussion - Dtilt

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I think it would be a good idea to get some in-depth discussion going about DK's moves, so I will cycle through DK's moves and highlight different ones each week.

This week, the discussion will be focused on DK's amazing Dtilt.

Move | Active Frames | Total Frames | Shieldstun | Frame Advantage | Notes
Dtilt | 7-9 | 22 | 6/5 | -9 / -10 | Intangible arm on frames 1-9 ... 40% trip chance

DK's Dtilt is super good and has a lot of ways to abuse this move. Feel free to talk about any setups, frame traps, special properties, combos, strategies, and proper/ideal usage of Dtilt in general.

Blueberry Kong

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DKbill
Dtilt to grab is now a common setup in Smash 4 to get ACT combos and Ding Dong kills. The grab is guaranteed if the Dtilt trips the opponent, but even if it does not, the setup could still work if the opponent is holding shield anticipating another Dtilt. If they trip and seem too far to catch them with a grab, a down special can always be used to follow up.

Dtilt is my primary move to jab rest, mainly because it is very easy to do.

While my opponent is holding the ledge, and I am very unsure what they will do, it is often safe to stay in Dtilt range and try to react to their option. Dtilt can punish a lot of ledge options if timed correctly. If they hold onto the ledge for too long, a Dtilt will also be able to hit them hanging on.

Lastly, I find Dtilt to be a great OOS option if they are just out of grab range, since it can lead into a grab or a down b and still comes out rather quick.

DanDanChan

Smash Rookie
I love the disjoint of this move. You can poke pretty safely with repetitive dtilts, and it can bait a jump off you have an impatient opponent. With the follow ups mentioned above (grab, down b, dash attack) this move is good all over.

sstrang

Smash Rookie
I like to sometimes throw out a side-B after a non-tripping d-tilt, especially if I've previously thrown out multiple successive d-tilts and they've been conditioned to start shielding them.

Top Bottom