• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mount Dedede - His Majesty's Social Thread (Come in and Introduce Yourself!)

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I used all characters that I use last night on For Glory and there are certain characters that are just awful to use, namely Sheik and Falco. The King isn't that bad to use but I feel over-reliant on dsmash since they roll a lot and it feels unfair since Gordos are more useful thanks to lag. My personal favourite character to use on FG is Ganon since lag hardly matters for a character that's more about reads and less about combos.

As for a site where you can have matches to improve, the only sites I know of are this one and Nintendodojo (formerly known as All is Brawl) but I'd imagine both are more about winning than improving.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I am sick and tired of For Glory kids kicking my *** with easy bake methods and them thinking they're hot **** because it's so damn impressive that they can use nothing but Sonic's spindash or Diddy's Hoo-Ha to damage and KO. I've only recently gotten into really learning how to play Smash, and I think I've done a pretty good job of learning His Majesty over the last five months. I just can't take the For Glory pool anymore. Because I still am fairly new to this all, I feel like I'm missing out on a part of the community. Is there somewhere I can go where the players are just looking to improve rather than just to win?
You're really pushin' how much time can be in between double posts.

I personally go with five hours or so. It's a bit of a gray area.
It's usually best to just edit your first one regardless, though.

Anyway, you could always ask around the boards for people to duke it out with. Here or in another character's Social Thread if you want to fight a particular character.
There's also Anther's Ladder.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Hello. I'm SlothStyle. I main King Dedede from Brawl and presently to Smash 4. Nice to meet all of you. :)
Hey, a fellow VA smasher! Hope you have a good time maining the good king.

Although it looks like we all main Shaq now. :yeahboi:

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Just that I'd mention here that there's a change in the match-up schedule...

:4diddy::4sheik::yeahboi::rosalina::4zss::4sonic::4yoshi::4falcon::4villager::4pikachu::4luigi::4mario::4drmario::4fox::4megaman::4lucario::4shulk::4rob::4ness::4olimar::4robinm::4greninja::4duckhunt::4link::4peach::4pacman::4pit::4darkpit::4tlink::4falco::4samus::4bowserjr::4jigglypuff::4palutena::4myfriends::4bowser::4ganondorf::4charizard::4dk::4wario::4metaknight::4littlemac::4marth::4lucina::4kirby::4wiifit::4zelda::4gaw::4miigun::4miibrawl::4miisword::4dedede:

I know I said I wouldn't make changes to the schedule like this, but I feel that Shaq is an exception with his sudden huge rise in prominence.

Course, I guess everyone really only needs to know the Shaq ditto match. :yeahboi:

manueluno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
manolonoe
Definetly, this will be the heavyweight that will give us trouble. His long range game is a little lacking, but at melee distance he outranges us and some of his moves have superarmor.

Even with just one jump, his recovery is amazing and, apparently, all his aerials are meteor smashes.

Best approach will be to try to inflict some damage and run until time is up, his speed is not the best. Gordos will not work since nothing gets past this guy's defense, so expect them to always be reflected back at you.

Last edited:

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
hi guys i'm jay and i play dedede as an alt (but i have a better success rate with him than my main)

d3 is love/life

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Any of you guys expecting some DeDeDe buffs in 9 days? I know I am.

manueluno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
manolonoe
I would like for fair to autocancel faster. That would be nice.

I am more concerned about how other characters will be affected by the patch.
Diddy's uair and damage output.
Ness's bthrow.
Luigi's tornado.
Megaman's pellets.

Namely, cheap shot kills and everything that disbles KD3.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
My hope is that all projectiles become completely useless forcing everyone to play hand to hand combat

(except gordos :4dedede:)

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Diddy pls no

This matchup is terrible at least let me go Greninja
"You have much yet to learn.". :4diddy:

Any of you guys expecting some DeDeDe buffs in 9 days? I know I am.
I think all he needs is a bit less lag on some of his moves and he'd be pretty solid.
Hopefully we'll see that happen...

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
I now want to see an old fashioned SFII game over screen with Diddy on it saying "YOU MUST DEFEAT HOO-HAH TO STAND A CHANCE"

Last edited:

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
Dedede buffs? Nah, Diddy's Upair and Ness's bthrow kill earlier, Sanic is complete invulnerable during spin dash, Luigi's dthrow has set knockback, Dedede's Gordo can be reflected by anything above a subtle whisper, and Greninja's everything gets nerfed.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd go to the social threads and post my silhouettes. Enjoy!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I recently began playing D3 at a solid level. Probably TOO solid, because now he's my secondary.

So yeah, I'll be sticking around in this and the kirby forums and learn any match-ups here.
I most likely have problems with Game & Watch and would love to turn the tables.

Diddy feels like a breeze to me.

Last edited:

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
Hey-o King-o's! I started playing D of 3's in February and have since grown to love his wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am playstyle! It seems pretty chill here, so I'm definitely stickin' around and would love to learn a few tips from players of da king! Anyone who's down to clown for a couple matches online, hit me ~up!~

Jatayu

Regal Eagle
3DS FC
4227-4062-5258
Good day, fellow kings!

I've started playing smash 4 on a "borrowed" 3ds in December and somehow, the King has become my main. I also play meta knight and wario. And now that I've introduced myself, I guess I'll go lurk and never post again.

Last edited:

David Bowie

Smash Rookie
Hi! I'm a longtime player who's waited to post on this forum for way too long. Been maining the good King since feeling like nu-Marth was a huge dud. I love this guy. He's so happy.

Would love to play some friendlies and start getting to know my fellow D3s. ^_^

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I recently began playing D3 at a solid level. Probably TOO solid, because now he's my secondary.

So yeah, I'll be sticking around in this and the kirby forums and learn any match-ups here.
I most likely have problems with Game & Watch and would love to turn the tables.

Probably 'cause many Diddys don't even know how to fight Dedede. lol
But what exactly about Game & Watch are you having trouble with?

Hey-o King-o's! I started playing D of 3's in February and have since grown to love his wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am playstyle! It seems pretty chill here, so I'm definitely stickin' around and would love to learn a few tips from players of da king! Anyone who's down to clown for a couple matches online, hit me ~up!~
Super chill.
We're a secret club. Only royalty is allowed.
Don't tell nobody tho' :4dedede:

And now that I've introduced myself, I guess I'll go lurk and never post again.
Nooo!
Don't do that to me!

Hi! I'm a longtime player who's waited to post on this forum for way too long. Been maining the good King since feeling like nu-Marth was a huge dud. I love this guy. He's so happy.

When you're around...

I feel...

Under Pressure.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

You won't be saying that if you play GDX offline.

I know you're from Orlando lol

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Welcome! Game Grumps fan?

The great David Bowie mains the great King DeDeDe! D3 Buffs confirmed.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110

I guess you could say using Marth was like walking through a... Labyrinth.

Welcome, Mr. Bowie.

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You won't be saying that if you play GDX offline.

I know you're from Orlando lol

Smooth Criminal
Well, he's going on a long hiatus to keep his health and skill in the right direction, so it's now just plup and some other diddy players. That's probably why I feel like it's been easy.

Static Manny is more what I worry about.

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
Is His Majesty a good candidate for footstooling other players? The thought occurred to me last night. Since he has the fastest fall speed with multiple jumps, you think he'd be able to footstool others pretty easily.

p3ngw1nKing

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting in the Smash 4 Wii U forums. I'm a big Dedede fan (who isn't, amirite?). I mostly play Project M, and he's my main (I also play Ganondorf, Falco, and Lucas).
How can you say no to this face? :dedede:

TBH, I'm struggling to enjoy the new game as much as I'd hoped. But I'm trying to embrace it for what it is because all my friends are playing it (I guess they got tired of losing to a happy penguin in a pink bath robe in PM).

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting in the Smash 4 Wii U forums. I'm a big Dedede fan (who isn't, amirite?). I mostly play Project M, and he's my main (I also play Ganondorf, Falco, and Lucas).
How can you say no to this face? :dedede:

TBH, I'm struggling to enjoy the new game as much as I'd hoped. But I'm trying to embrace it for what it is because all my friends are playing it (I guess they got tired of losing to a happy penguin in a pink bath robe in PM).
You've chosen a difficult but honorable path to fight for the King in Smash for Wii U. Welcome to His Majesty's Royal Court.

AnEnemyMongoose

Smash Cadet
Hallo. I'm Osiaj, a New England smasher. After watching Ripple and Omega Tyrant, I couldn't resist checking DDD out. I'm a lowly scrub (as low as they get, no joke) but I wanna take this character to the next level. :b:

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
http://www.smashladder.com/player/42420/keiththegeek

Look who made an account on the Smash Ladder! Don't know how often I'll be using this, but I hope it works out better than For Glory. :4dedede:

I admit I've been slacking a bit (only a bit!) with Dedede recently since I've gotten Mewtwo. Still trying to figure out where Mewtwo may fit into my needs as a player, but I'm going to stand by Dedede as a main regardless of my decision regarding Mewtwo. Penguin is too much fun, yo.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Hallo. I'm Osiaj, a New England smasher. After watching Ripple and Omega Tyrant, I couldn't resist checking DDD out. I'm a lowly scrub (as low as they get, no joke) but I wanna take this character to the next level. :b:
Anyone who mains Dedede is automatically not a scrub tho' :4dedede:

I admit I've been slacking a bit (only a bit!) with Dedede recently since I've gotten Mewtwo.

but I'm going to stand by Dedede as a main regardless of my decision regarding Mewtwo. Penguin is too much fun, yo.

Top Bottom